PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It should be required for the rest of the game too.

Just make it a requirement to play any PlayStation game.

Reactions: arvfab
24 Jun 2022
Why do you act as if Spider-Man 2, TLOU Remaster, FFVII Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB or Stellar Blade didn't exist? Or the upcoming Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, Silent Hill 2, Until Dawn remake, Concord, Death Stranding 2, Wolverine, etc?

Let's look at the bolded, shall we? All of those are either:

1: Remasters of games not even that old in the first place

2: 3P games not made from internal 1P teams (meaning no guarantee similar exclusivity with those devs/pubs happens in the future)

3: Multiplats (not console exclusive anyway)

4: GAAS (you know when people bring this stuff up, we are referring to non-GAAS titles)

5: Licensed superhero games that already have delayed console releases due to simultaneous PC development (Wolverine, where it's playable today on PC in leaked form)

As I remember in the last month or so they said things about Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Destiny 2 The Final Shape and new Helldivers 2 content.

Plus outside PS, about the Ghost of Tsushima PC port.

I said SIE studio, as in an internal team. WRT an internally developed 1P title. You're mentioning 2P games with 3P studios (where in the case of Stellar Blade & Rise of the Ronin SIE don't even own the IP rights). Destiny 2 is a GAAS; we're talking about non-GAAS here. Helldivers 2 is GAAS; we're talking about non-GAAS here (plus considering the latest PSN account controversy SIE might risk straining their partnership with Arrowhead over this).

GoT PC port has nothing to do with the console, so it's not even worth mentioning in this context.

Reactions: arvfab and Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Let's look at the bolded, shall we? All of those are either:

1: Remasters of games not even that old in the first place

2: 3P games not made from internal 1P teams (meaning no guarantee similar exclusivity with those devs/pubs happens in the future)

3: Multiplats (not console exclusive anyway)

4: GAAS (you know when people bring this stuff up, we are referring to non-GAAS titles)

5: Licensed superhero games that already have delayed console releases due to simultaneous PC development (Wolverine, where it's playable today on PC in leaked form)

I said SIE studio, as in an internal team. WRT an internally developed 1P title. You're mentioning 2P games with 3P studios (where in the case of Stellar Blade & Rise of the Ronin SIE don't even own the IP rights). Destiny 2 is a GAAS; we're talking about non-GAAS here. Helldivers 2 is GAAS; we're talking about non-GAAS here (plus considering the latest PSN account controversy SIE might risk straining their partnership with Arrowhead over this).

GoT PC port has nothing to do with the console, so it's not even worth mentioning in this context.
So what? All of them are great console exclusives made by very talented folks. They have a great output, even if no may not be interested in some of them because games aren't made only for people with the same tastes than you. We are eating good and will continue eating good.

You guys are all day cherrypicking and twisting everything -or sometimes even mading up stuff- to complain about any random stuff like little whiny kids. It's so annoying.

Thread title should be updated to mention only the online part of the game requires a PSN account.
As I remember all the trailers -also from Helldivers 2- mention these PC games require PSN account. A different thing is if later they also allow to play without it part or all of it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
GoT should do well in comparison to most of their other single player games that barelly sell anything, but to me it still feels like the 3 biggest PlayStation games on PC have not yet released there: GT7, Bloodborne and Demon's Souls.

I think that after that PC players won't give a shit and all the Sony leverage will be gone.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Makes sense. You need to connect to Sony's servers for multiplayer. This is completely justified.
HOW DARE THEY, THEY ARE SO FULL OF SHIT.

Let's get em Boys,

Angry Protest GIF by Minions

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
They should require the PSN link for the single-player part, too.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Edit: Not on Steam (Yet) only Green Man Gaming

Ghosts of Tsushima will be no longer available in countries without PSN, even if you just want to play singleplayer.

The news was sent by Green Man Gaming. Players who purchased on Steam key resellers will be refunded

so-i-guess-sony-is-going-after-other-games-as-well-v0-96j2ubur1dzc1.png

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was obvious the one to lose with the weird campaign last weekend was the own PC crowd lol
The unfair part is that Steam users from these regions that have nothing to do with that will have to pay the price due a small bu vocal group of weird big region Steam users that was "fighting for the minority" lol

It was that dumb.

And Steam users took it as justice, democracy, etc lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Can't you just buy the game for single player? Odd decision by Sony there.
That should generate backslash...

The best option was Steam users creating an PlayStation account from any other region.
Ohhhh wait... you can't more due reasons lol

Everybody here telegraphed that when Sony choose to back up in the weekend.
Weirdo small but vocal Steam users fought to be have less options to play the games and basically killed others countries ability to play PS games 🤷‍♂️

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I look forward to the steam users excuses like they didn't even want the game and sony can keep their games :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
That should generate backslash...

Yep. I bought all souls games and couldn't care less about online for example. And from what I understand, ghosts doesn't have online elements in it's single player campaign. Unless Sony is planning all their future single player games to be always online on PC?