Playstation PC Ports that cost under $30m just need an email approval from Sony/Jim Ryan to get funded

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
HFW sold slower than HZD, when it should have realistically sold much faster. I did the math quite a while back, but it most likely still stands.

So no, there's clearly at least some indication that PC ports impact sales.
It made it to PS+ very quickly setting a really bad precedent.

Sony: The more you wait the less you pay the more likely you are to not have to pay anything. :unsure:
Nintendo: The more you wait, the more you wait, price remains the same for digital and increases for physical copies. :ROFLMAO:

Xbox: The more you wait, the more trailers you get and if it ever releases at least that flop was included with the Gamepass sub you scammed. :poop:

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It made it to PS+ very quickly setting a really bad precedent.

Sony: There more you wait the less you pay the more likely you are to not have to pay anything.
Nintendo: The more you wait, the more you wait, price remains the same for digital and increases for physical copies. :ROFLMAO:
Xbox: The more you wait, the more trailers you get and if it ever releases at least that flop was included with the Gamepass sub you scammed.

Nintendo should just port to PS, Xbox, and PC. They are losing a lot of cash there.

D

Deleted member 223

Buck stops at Jim huh...

Well if you didn't need a reason you have it now...

Nintendo should just port to PS, Xbox, and PC. They are losing a lot of cash there.

"We just need to make sure Nintendo understands that there is a future outside its hardware" "I'm going to talk to "X" guy in "x" company, who will be investing in Nintendo (and get a seat at Nintendo's board of directors) and share those thoughts and opinions with mr.x and obviously get Nintendo on that track with that vote".

Almost as if what they're trying to get Nintendo to do, Sony's PlayStation has already fallen for hook, line and sinker. The only question is, was that decision "voluntary" or was there a nudge via corporate sabotage and espionage as detailed in the FTC leaks with Nintendo.

You all remember the "mounting investor pressure" on Nintendo when the Wii U failed, more or less indicating "pressure" to have Nintendo fold and become a third party publisher. I remember....like it was yesterday. "Give up this nonsense console business - too outdated"

If you can't beat them, lure them with greed, and have them commit suicide themselves "voluntarily" - with a little nudge of course.

Makes all the sense in the world really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Damn, cold blooded take down of port apologists.
It's such an easy argument to make. People don't understand that the more mature an ecosystem is, the less incentive people have to leave, and the more recurring revenue you keep.

Sony is giving those that play both on PC and PS an excuse to leave their ecosystem, which in turn will cost them large swathes of revenue. I know quite a few people that will move away from PS if ports are day and date, and I myself am one of them.

• fire
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's such an easy argument to make. People don't understand that the more mature an ecosystem is, the less incentive people have to leave, and the more recurring revenue you keep.

Sony is giving those that play both on PC and PS an excuse to leave their ecosystem, which in turn will cost them large swathes of revenue. I know quite a few people that will move away from PS if ports are day and date, and I myself am one of them.
Work for Apple to, they should allow us to install MacOS and iOS on any device. They just built a 3 trillion dollars company on the back of that business model of having a highly invested user base but I guess they left a lot of money on the table...

I'm one that will likely move a way. I'm a big PlayStation Studios fan but I keep facing situations where it's really hard to justify spending so much extra money for so little extra. All in blind faith as well since PlayStation doesn't even bother to let us know in advance what exactly we are waiting for.

Reactions: Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Another question then. If all these ports are costing sub 30m does that mean that all along we were kept without many games stuck on PS3 because Sony wasn't willing to invest that small sum of money? :ROFLMAO:

Console peasants indeed, they really see console players as second class citizens and take them for granted.

Very tempting to turn heel and embrace the core values of being a PC only player.
it's an absolute travesty that we can't play MAG, Killzone 2, Warhawk/Starhawk, Fat Princess, and many more online anymore. Games older than these like Return to Castle Wolfenstein still have an audience on PC, and the games still improve with new hardware.

PC+Steam is the only platform that lasts in the long term. Not because of PC master race shit, just purely because consoles by nature must push you to the Next Big Thing.

D

Deleted member 223

Lol if Sony commits suicide you'll be a brain dead moron to be like Xbots and ride what will eventually, sooner or later be a sinking ship. Just a bigger ship, that is all.

We're at the cusp, just not there yet with day and date. All the more reason for everyone invested in Sony's PlayStation demise to continue to be underhanded in their support through their media, and "grassroots" arms.... and there are many stakeholders, several billion dollar and trillion dollar corporations just biting at their nails praying Sony's stupid leadership balks and commits a strategic long-term mistake. What will be left on an island, to be devoured will be Nintendo.

I'm with all of you there. I'm hedging the second they go day and date. The writing will by then be on the wall and anyone with a brain should be able to read the tea leaves. Don't give no fucking shit what the idiots at SIE think or the ignorant corporate slaves. It only ends in one way, and that is the PC platform dominant. There can be no other way. Either consoles are dominant and exclusionary - as is currently the case or PC is dominant and exclusionary. Tough shit but I made the jump from Nintendo, and I'll make the jump away from Sony. They continue to play with fire, you gonna get burnt. As always it starts slow, and silent so they don't feel it.... until they do but at first they're confused and excuse what's in front of them on something else (cause of course it couldn't be a self-goal)... by the time you piece the puzzle together it's too fucking late to stop the avalanche and go back. Now naturally worse case scenario Sony becomes third-party and loses their kingdom, becoming a weak player like Sony Pictures but then again from being the giant to just one of many.... well, I'm sure that's digestible for the true owners of Sony back in Japan - like a staked dick rammed to a mouth. It obviously hurts, specially when you were at the top of mountain looking down. But this is business - no place for suckers and idiots and everyone gets these types eventually as a leadership core - the question is how you manage the fallout of dealing with them and the guard rails in place to make sure they don't sink the whole ship.

Those retirement parties will look ironic in hindsight.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • sad
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Apparently. GOT cost 60M

So an automatic $30m for PC ports while GoT was made fort $60m.

The Princess Bride Laughing GIF by filmeditor

Lol if Sony commits suicide you'll be a brain dead moron to be like Xbots and ride what will eventually, sooner or later be a sinking ship.

We're at the cusp, just not there yet with day and date. All the more reason for everyone invested in Sony's PlayStation demise to continue to be underhanded in their support through their media, and "grassroots" arms.... and there are many stakeholders, several billion dollar and trillion dollar corporations just biting at their nails praying Sony's stupid leadership balks and commits a strategic long-term mistake. What will be left on an island, to be devoured will be Nintendo.

I'm with all of you there. I'm hedging the second they go day and date. The writing is on the wall. Don't give no fucking shit what the idiots at SIE think or the ignorant corporate slaves. It only ends in one way, and that is the PC platform dominant. There can be no other way. Either consoles are dominent - as is currently the case or PC is dominant. Tough shit but I made the jump from Nintendo, and I'll make the jump away from Sony. They continue to play with fire, you gonna get burnt. As always it starts slow, and silent so they don't feel it.... until they do, and it's too fucking late to stop the avalanche and go back.
I'm hedging already. I don't feel conformable building a library on PlayStation anymore. All games I buy are on disc and once I'm done I'm selling them with very few exceptions, I'm also avoiding buying games on release.

If PC gets all PlayStation games day one, there is no point for PlayStation to even exist as a platform since as it is it's already hard enough to justify it given how lacking PlayStation is in comparison to Steam in many areas.

Windows sucking, physical media, GT7 and Final Fantasy temporary exclusivity is what has kept me from selling my PlayStation.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer
D

Deleted member 223

So an automatic $30m for PC ports while GoT was made fort $60m.

The Princess Bride Laughing GIF by filmeditor

I'm hedging already. I don't feel conformable building a library on PlayStation anymore. All games I buy are on disc and once I'm done I'm selling them with very feel exceptions, I'm also avoiding buying games on release.

If PC gets all PlayStation games day one, there is no point for PlayStation to even exist as a platform since as it is it's already hard enough to justify it given how lacking PlayStation is in comparison to Steam in many areas.

Windows sucking, physical media, GT7 and Final Fantasy temporary exclusivity is what has kept me from selling my PlayStation.
You're a younger fella.

OP
OP
nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I also can't overstate how the titles that Sony chose to give to PC pirates for free are their biggest hits. Horizon, Spiderman, God of War, TLOU.

That's like if Nintendo ported Mario Kat and Zelda to PC.

The post Jim Ryan era will be crucial to the long term growth of Playstation. PC is only going to grow as kids watch more and more streamers, so they will either slowly bleed their market to PC/Nintendo or they will change course.

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I also can't overstate how the titles that Sony chose to give to PC pirates for free are their biggest hits. Horizon, Spiderman, God of War, TLOU.

That's like if Nintendo ported Mario Kat and Zelda to PC.

The post Jim Ryan era will be crucial to the long term growth of Playstation. PC is only going to grow as kids watch more and more streamers, so they will either slowly bleed their market to PC/Nintendo or they will change course.
Nintendo would be disgusted with themselves if they sold a Mario/Zelda game and made only $30m “profit” on it. Switch 2 is about to give Sony a huge wake up call

OP
OP
nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nintendo would be disgusted with themselves if they sold a Mario/Zelda game and made only $30m “profit” on it. Switch 2 is about to give Sony a huge wake up call
Yep I predict if Sony's first party pipeline isn't fixed by 2025, Switch 2 will have PS5 posting slight YOY declines, only being saved by GTA 6's release.

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yep I predict if Sony's first party pipeline isn't fixed by 2025, Switch 2 will have PS5 posting slight YOY declines, only being saved by GTA 6's release.
They better pray it’s not too powerful, or they’re gonna lose out on a lot of the 3rd party exclusives that they’d normally get

Reactions: Diah

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nintendo is and has always been a side console for people, ever since the Wii. Very few of them have only that. PS5 sales will not be off-set by a secondary console. It might outsell the PS5 like the switch is now but it won't affect PS5 sales.

Unless the Switch 2 can compete in power. Then it'll be a 3rd party shift and without 1st party games to prop up their pipeline, it'll be a clusterfuck.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
lol ofc they have pc builds they are built on a pc. Also porting a game does not cost anywhere near 30 million and all ps games are going to pc that is a fact why do we have keep retreading this. That will not going to change
Spider-Man remastered was 39M