PlayStation Plus: opinions, game suggestions, whishes for the future and news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Xbox had a terrible generarion and endned it on a huge drougth, then they had a terrible start on this one where they had nothing and now they are having one of the worst years of all time of any plataform holder.

I love Phil Spencer, nobody hates Xbox as much as him.
He took many actions, like to spend almost $100B on acquisitions. All these studios will make games, but AAA games need time so patience is needed. Basically all of them started before being purchased, but I expect MS to start having a good stream of 1st party games (most of them not console exclusive) starting at the end of this year (if we include Activision Blizzard games).

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
He took many actions, like to spend almost $100B on acquisitions. All these studios will make games, but AAA games need time so patience is needed. Basically all of them started before being purchased, but I expect MS to start having a good stream of 1st party games (most of them not console exclusive) starting at the end of this year (if we include Activision Blizzard games).
All the studios he bought were making games for Xbox before. Would a Diablo or TES exclusive help Xbox? Sure but those games will be released 8 years from now if not more. The like of Redfall ain't going to do jack shit for the Xbox.

Activision produces pretty much just CoD at this point, they can't try to make that an exclusive but even then it won't happen any time soon given that the PS5 already has the next game and the next Warzone.

I'm not even factoring the fact that Phil spencer will be in charge and I'm just assuming those games are all going to turn out well. Even then it's too little too late. That's what happens when you waste an entire generation and show up completely unprepared for the next one.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
All the studios he bought were making games for Xbox before. Would a Diablo or TES exclusive help Xbox? Sure but those games will be released 8 years from now if not more. The like of Redfall ain't going to do jack shit for the Xbox.

Activision produces pretty much just CoD at this point, they can't try to make that an exclusive but even then it won't happen any time soon given that the PS5 already has the next game and the next Warzone.

I'm not even factoring the fact that Phil spencer will be in charge and I'm just assuming those games are all going to turn out well. Even then it's too little too late. That's what happens when you waste an entire generation and show up completely unprepared for the next one.
He doesn't care about Xbox hardware sales or game sales for it. His priority is Gamepass, to secure all these games to have them there and then like with Minecraft to sell them everywhere, something they'll need to compensate lost sales in PC & Xbox due to GP.

Activision Blizzard must have a big ass cost in salaries, offices, tools & licenses, etc. So they need as much as revenue as possible from everywhere to have a healthy business, specially if all their games will be day one on GP (maybe not some of the first ones if Sony had them signed).

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
He doesn't care about Xbox hardware sales or game sales for it. His priority is Gamepass, to secure all these games to have them there and then like with Minecraft to sell them everywhere, something they'll need to compensate lost sales in PC & Xbox due to GP.

Activision Blizzard must have a big ass cost in salaries, offices, tools & licenses, etc. So they need as much as revenue as possible from everywhere to have a healthy business, specially if all their games will be day one on GP (maybe not some of the first ones if Sony had them signed).
Makes it all even more irrelevant then. He spent all that money just to put those games on Gamepass a service that has a hard time growing even with eternal $1 trials and conversion tricks? Nadella got played.

They are really working hard for those $10 (or $1 if you are not feeling generous).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Remember they're not purchased to make AAA games though. Matt Booty outright said they were to stock Gamepass with AA games, speaking of the first round of studio pickups before Bethesda. It feels like we're still waiting for many of those to blossom.

Status
Not open for further replies.