“Playstation Portal has continued exceeded our expectations“-Hiromi Wakai

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Another device where I'm left wondering "who would buy this?!" Right up there with the ouya, stadia and series S.
I don't want one, but there are a couple pretty obvious use cases for it.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
I still can't buy one. I'm going to Portugal next month. I better find one by then
Use a PlayStation Portal tracker. I think GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart and others can show you the stores near you that have units.

I love mine. I did not expect the experience to be as good as it is. Playing Helldivers 2 on it is fantastic, especially when laying in bed with some food and drink nearby.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Use a PlayStation Portal tracker. I think GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart and others can show you the stores near you that have units.

I love mine. I did not expect the experience to be as good as it is. Playing Helldivers 2 on it is fantastic, especially when laying in bed with some food and drink nearby.
I'm uk. It's absolutely dead here. But we should have a tracker as well.
Yeah that looks absolutely fantastic. Literally the perfect handheld.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have heard nothing but good things and praise from people I know who have bought this device.

They absolutely love the thing.

Lady And The Tramp Love GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Good, now make a goddam "real" one. Fucking £300 beta testers, hating the fact that I love it so much. I'd have spent more and been able to sing it's praises instead of astrick-ing all the otherwise positive enthusiasm.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Good, now make a goddam "real" one. Fucking £300 beta testers, hating the fact that I love it so much. I'd have spent more and been able to sing it's praises instead of astrick-ing all the otherwise positive enthusiasm.
They can barely develop games for ps5 let alone for another device

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It didnt release till I left the UK. Ill pick one up after PSVR2. I would of picked up a PSP3 in Japan but atm, PS Portal I cant use

J

Joey Ravn

I bought mine day one on Amazon for €200 and I LOVE it. I love my Vita and I'd be absolutely over the moon with a new proper handheld, but the Portal has been incredible for me so far.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Can anybody with the Portal and who also played via remote play on their phones before (or still does) share their experiences? Is there a difference regarding connection stability/quality or is it the same?

Reactions: Nhomnhom
10 Jan 2024
Can anybody with the Portal and who also played via remote play on their phones before (or still does) share their experiences? Is there a difference regarding connection stability/quality or is it the same?
the quality is about the same but the experience is better with the haptics and the screen quality is brilliant.

My setup was as follows:

1gb Ethernet
2x PS5 Hardwired into router
Wifi Router ASUS ZenWiFi XT8

I think the picture clarity is better on the portal then say the iPad and i find it boots faster on the portal.

Also touch controls just suck!

Reactions: SLB1904 and arvfab