“Playstation Portal has continued exceeded our expectations“-Hiromi Wakai

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I don't want one, but there are a couple pretty obvious use cases for it.

"These wax lips have a thousand uses"
"Name one"
" A comedic substitute for your own lips (console)"
"Go on..."
"Oop, I'm needed in the basement"
People who want to remote play their playstation games my guess.
Playing games on this kind of screen
Playing over WiFi
Localised entirely within their own house?

Big TV beats small screen all day.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I tried to remote play the other day with my phone and it was awful. What is weird to me is that Quest 2 wireless link works flawlessly.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
the quality is about the same but the experience is better with the haptics and the screen quality is brilliant.

My setup was as follows:

1gb Ethernet
2x PS5 Hardwired into router
Wifi Router ASUS ZenWiFi XT8

I think the picture clarity is better on the portal then say the iPad and i find it boots faster on the portal.

Also touch controls just suck!
Thanks, I have a Backbone, so maybe no haptics but at least no touch 😂

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I tried to remote play the other day with my phone and it was awful. What is weird to me is that Quest 2 wireless link works flawlessly.
I guess it depends how is quest 2 wireless link working.

If you play on the same router as the ps5, remote play goes from PS5 > router > PS Portal.

Quest 2 wireless maybe a direct connection to your pc without having to go through a router.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I guess it depends how is quest 2 wireless link working.

If you play on the same router as the ps5, remote play goes from PS5 > router > PS Portal.

Quest 2 wireless maybe a direct connection to your pc without having to go through a router.
My PC doesn't have wireless. Quest 2 wireless link even work if I use it on my living room that is on another floor.

I'm guessing it either was not configured properly or my phone wireless sucks.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
They can barely develop games for ps5 let alone for another device
Everyone needs stop saying this.

No one is asking for a old school divorced system with its own games library, like PSP/DS. That time is over. That would split development time yes, we agree. Lets move past that talking point. We want to be able to hook into our home console libraries/voice chat/save progresion, now that Sony have worked-out to finally give us all the fucking buttons on the portable device for once. When we say PSP3/Vita2, PS4/5Portable, PSGO etc, I think we all just mean vaguely PSP shaped, all needed buttons and tech modernizations such as GPDWin4 iterated on Vita in my opinion, and has local storage on it so it's not a complete brick when signal strength is poor, right? Let me play it and resync my cloud save when I'm back home etc.

Present the thing to PSN backend as a PS4 Super Slim SKU for all I care, just stop me suffering over remote play as the only option.

I want the modern equivalent of a digital SEGA Nomad from PS, I guess you could say?

Last edited: