Playstation portal review thread and |OT| "The power is now in your hands" |UP| Accolades Trailer.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Mine hasn't shipped. I should have changed my preorder to Best Buy. I like picking stuff up at store opening hours better than waiting all day for a delivery.

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It seems like lukewarm reviews are because ppl expected more? Like I do agree ps should hace added streaming capabilities not just remote play but hey it's what they went for. I bet someone will hack it eventually and have streaming psplus ganes directly from it.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lenovo Legion Go - 850g
Steam Deck - 669g
Steam Deck OLED - 639g
Asus Rog Ally - 608g
PlayStation Portal - 530g
Logitech G Cloud - 463g
Nintendo Switch OLED - 420g
Razer Edge - 401g
Nintendo Switch - 398g
Nintendo Switch Lite - 275g
Everything heavier is a handheld PC, everything lighter is an Android handheld with a smaller screen.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It seems like lukewarm reviews are because ppl expected more? Like I do agree ps should hace added streaming capabilities not just remote play but hey it's what they went for. I bet someone will hack it eventually and have streaming psplus ganes directly from it.
Well, it's a full featured PS5 pad with a screen in the middle to make Remote Play. It does it well for a decent pricing. So it's goo.

I think it could be better by including PS1, PS2, PSP natively playable classics (but Sony still has to make these Android emulators, they could release them for Android in the future) and also feature PS cloud gaming (but Sony still has to release its Android client, they could add it here in the future).

And also in the future I'd add an OLED screen even if slightly increases the price let's say $50 or $100.

Not sure if it uses wifi6 but if isn't the case I'd add it too to reduce the latency.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I agree, I'd rather buy this than an edge imo. $200 in today's times is shit I spend more than tht on dinner and drinks in one night.
I just wish it had the Edge’s back paddles.

Also, if anyone thinks that what it does out of the box is all it will ever do on official firmware, they haven’t been paying attention to Sony since before the PSP. Every Sony system has had capabilities added by updates over the years.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
People can’t wrap their heads around the fact Sony likes to have its own proprietary options for accessories. It’s not really a question of “why” it exists. Why do they make headphones when they technically don’t need to?

Also lets me know how starved the market may be for a true PlayStation handheld.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Looking like the Portal is the go to device for remote play. Good, remote play is a neat feature but never wanted to use it on my phone or laptop. I am leaning more on getting this.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
After watching the reviews this thing is stuck in the solid "wait for sale/don't buy" category. Sony didn't really address any of the issues I have with remote play. If at some point they solve it, I'll get one. Now just gotta wait for reviews on the headsets.