PLAYSTATION PORTAL SALES ARE BEING TRACKED AS A CONSOLE. Thoughts?

16 Feb 2023
Besides the hilarious headline of it outselling xbox in Spain I really don't see the point. Might be some interesting figures if/when they turn it into a streaming device rather than just a remote play device.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
My opinion is that it will eventually be able to stream directly from the cloud, without the need for a PS5, so this would actually make it a separate hardware "platform".

PlayStation Portal --> Play every generation PlayStation game (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5) through cloud streaming.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
wdym? There was no implication....Mat explicitly said it....are you saying he lied?

Where Mat said that? Please provide a tweet with word "Sony requested". Hint, you won't find it in that captured tweet. Also, from PushSquare :

Mat Piscatella, analyst with Circana, has revealed in a now-deleted Tweet that the the company will be tracking PlayStation Portal as a console, allegedly due to a request by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

allegedly ISN'T a confirmation that Sony requsted that.

EDIT : Nvm. My bad. Didn't saw a part "per manufacturer request". Missed it badly.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Where Mat said that? Please provide a tweet with word "Sony requested". Hint, you won't find it in that captured tweet. Also, from PushSquare :

EDIT : Nvm. My bad. Didn't saw a part "per manufacturer request". Missed it badly.
its ok, it happens

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Besides the hilarious headline of it outselling xbox in Spain I really don't see the point. Might be some interesting figures if/when they turn it into a streaming device rather than just a remote play device.
Those headlines are all we really need for it to be worthwhile!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

UWUaaYt.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Satoru