PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They’re acting like PC isn’t already far more expensive than PS5. If Ps5 Pro is too expensive, doesn’t that mean a lot of PCs are as well?

These people are the first ones to post pictures doing a benchmark test with a 4090…. Hypocrites.
I call these doodoo brains that are not self aware at all.

But they are just plain and simple haters. Whether its mental gymnastics to convince themselves or playing naively done. It effects no1. Yes the price is high, but what do PC fans have to complain about this for? Nothing to do with them, go play Valve and pay $500 for a graphics card. Happens every time something comes to threaten their gaming position or a genre etc they support….. Xbots arent even worth replying to, they are dead.

1+1= hater
1= Xbot 1 = PC elitist mentality….put those fuckers together and this is what you get. Fanboy wars but these guys disguise themselves as gamers who own everything and dont have a hardon to hate ps. I admit Im a PS/Nintendo guy and hate the others, they need to stop fake concerning and admit they are purposely sharing FUD not concern

Reactions: rofif and Sircaw

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
I dont mind the pricepoint and the no disc drive because:
A) I'm not selling my launch ps5 that has a disc drive
B) Most current games I'm getting are digital anyway, hell most physical games nowadays require an install and pretty much just use the disc for data. I love collecting physical media but if you care about performance at all you should know that physical disc reading speed is nowhere near what the ps5 SSD can do.
C) I'm not super tech savy but this seems like quite the jump from base ps5, bigger than the jump from ps4 to ps4 pro, and that 60fps goodness withoug losing visual fidelity seems like a must.
D) you are honestly lying to yourself if you think you can build a PC this good for 700$.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I am revising my initial thought:

Despite the likely good value point for the performance: With No disc drive + the lack of new titles I am interested in, I am now “wait and see"

Yeah I think whoever the geniuses at Playstation are who think not showing new games is a good idea is just out of fucking touch with the fanbase and reality now.

Imagine showing a £700 console without any new games to show it off after fans are complaining about lack of annoucements… just lol. Market research that dummies

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
So, you only play Sony 1st party games?

There are quite a few of those. A pretty good one was released just last week.

If you think the overall PS5 game output is “dry”, maybe you shouldn’t be calling people dumb.
What's the gotcha you're going for here?

You're saying "ha ha you're dumb, Sony have loads of 3rd party games!" As if that's a win. I can play Sony 3rd (and 1st) on PC.

If you don't think the PS5 software output is dry relative to other Sony gens, then yes, you are dumb.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

You're saying "ha ha you're dumb, Sony have loads of 3rd party games!" As if that's a win. I can play Sony 3rd (and 1st) on PC.

If you don't think the PS5 software output is dry relative to other Sony gens, then yes, you are dumb.

So, if you own a PS5, do you only play 1st party games? Just say yes, there is no need for childish behavior.

Last edited:

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Telling your customers that "lol, if you can't afford it, don't buy one" has "we have a console for those who don't have the internet, it's called the xbox360" levels of energy.
How did that go for Microsoft?

At this rate a Sony intern will tweet "I have a house to pay for, I won't buy a console"

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022

This thread is about PS5 Pro hardware. stop derailing this thread.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Boswollox

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
So, you own a PS5 only play 1st party games. Just say yes. No need to resort to childish behavior.
No I don't own a PS5. I haven't bought a console this gen, mainly because MS and Sony haven't brought the games. I figured by now MS and/or Sony would drop the price of their consoles, like they have done every generation for 20 and 30 years, respectively.

I'm not paying £500 for a four year old console, let alone £700.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Telling your customers that "lol, if you can't afford it, don't buy one" has "we have a console for those who don't have the internet, it's called the xbox360" levels of energy.

At this rate a Sony intern will tweet "I have a house to pay for, I won't buy a console"
That was generation difference, this is same gen OPTIONAL hardware. Gtfo troll

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
No I don't own a PS5. I haven't bought a console this gen, mainly because MS and Sony haven't brought the games. I figured by now MS and/or Sony would drop the price of their consoles, like they have done every generation for 20 and 30 years, respectively.

I'm not paying £500 for a four year old console, let alone £700.

Oh ok. You don’t own a PS5 because you think none of the games released are good enough FOR YOU. That’s fair enough.

It's unfortunate that manufacturing hasn't become cheaper as in past generations, but there's nothing that can be done about it right now.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Ps5 and Ps5 pro are literally in the console generation.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Ps5pro will flop because of price.
See in February when you're all asking why the console has sold so few units.
We are not asking those questions actually, only concern trolls or actual concerned ‘SUPERFANS’ who has absolutely no business to get themselves concerned ask those stupid questions as if they are themselves running the business and taking the profits. Like who tf asks those questions for PS5, which is ahead of PS4 in metrics, and actually means it?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
i got a system that shits all over your system.

Here are my receipts, read it and weep PC peasant.

View attachment 5543
Confused Joe Biden GIF by Luis Ricardo

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw and Entropi

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

??
Its an optional upgrade. No1 has to buy it. Your comparing it to a quote from MS telling fans to go back a previous generation if they dont want always online..