PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The hate is kinda insane with the PRO.
People are really shitting themselves over 700$ lol.
What were they expecting if base is 500?!

It's a pro model for enthusiasts.
I am seeing a ton of posts recommending going to pc like if that was a cheap option. What are people smoking.
And I got a ton of downvotes on reddit for just saying I am getting the pro.
Don't tell me sony will introduce bundles because I've already ordered stand and drive :p

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You have a point. I'll be more discerning in what I post or take from other sources. ❤️
Filthy Xbox lover, you.

Adds fuel to fire.

Fire Burn GIF by Pudgy Penguins

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
would like to get one at launch but i'm a bit short on money.
The Irony in the pricing is that since I'm from brazil this might end up being cheaper than my launch ps5

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The hate is kinda insane with the PRO.
People are really shitting themselves over 700$ lol.
What were they expecting if base is 500?!

It's a pro model for enthusiasts.
I am seeing a ton of posts recommending going to pc like if that was a cheap option. What are people smoking.
And I got a ton of downvotes on reddit for just saying I am getting the pro.
Don't tell me sony will introduce bundles because I've already ordered stand and drive :p

PS5 Pro is too expensive; I’m building a $2.5k PC instead. Make it make sense.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
And the base PS5 ceased to exist or something? lol these takes…
People also complained about that? Especially since that system hasn't had an official price drop in almost half a decade. Doesn't help it had a major scalping situation at launch

Consoles are supposed to be the cheap, convenient entry option for gaming. So when they are expensive, people complain. Even the original PS4 pro was cheaper than the ps5 msrp

Don't get me wrong I actually don't give a shit. With how expensive things are these days a 700 dollar enthusiast video game console isn't gonna make me lose sleep. People change out Iphones every 1 year and those bitches are 1000 a pop. A 7-10 year lasting console for 800 is a bargain in comparison. Just saying that other people will still get mad because it bucks the tradition of below 500 dollar consoles

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They’re acting like PC isn’t already far more expensive than PS5. If Ps5 Pro is too expensive, doesn’t that mean a lot of PCs are as well?

These people are the first ones to post pictures doing a benchmark test with a 4090…. Hypocrites.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
“Very dry generation with respect to games”

So, you only play Naughty Dog games?
Don't be dumb. Sony have 20+ studios and only insomniac are pumping them out at a good rate. GG have released two games and even housemarque have pumped out one. Take a look from 2007-2020, Sony released a new IP every year with a throng of games.

They've been dry since 2021.

There's a time to defend your favourite company and a time to kick them up the arse to get them back to their best.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Don't be dumb. Sony have 20+ studios and only insomniac are pumping them out at a good rate. GG have released two games and even housemarque have pumped out one. Take a look from 2007-2020, Sony released a new IP every year with a throng of games.

They've been dry since 2021.

There's a time to defend your favourite company and a time to kick them up the arse to get them back to their best.

So, you only play Sony 1st party games?

There are quite a few of those. A pretty good one was released just last week.

If you think the overall PS5 game output is “dry”, maybe you shouldn’t be calling people dumb.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Exactly. lol look at the shitstorm going on on reddit. I am hiczok there. Answered to someone arguing with me. That is later in the discussion
wEoGV8r.png

Apparently that guy got 450 euro pc that blows away a ps5 and I am atupid to have paid 700$ for 3080. where are these idiots coming from

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Consoles r supposed to be cheap. The cheaper they are the bigger they succeed. Hence why the Switch (299) PS2 (299 at launch, 199 later on) and DS (150) are the most successful consoles of all time.

PC gamers know they are spending a lot with the hobby so it is less of a complaint over there, but even then PC gamers have hated the general price trends of GPUs for 4 years now. Massive outrage when the RTX 4000 series came out and the 4080 was 1200 bucks. Nobody liked that

Not to mention that 700 for no stand or disc drive is a rip-off
Lol, the “Professional” version of a $500 console is supposed to be cheap? You have a cheap option already with the digital.

I’m tired of broke ass people complaining about shit they cannot afford in the first place. You have been priced out, that’s no one else problem expect yours.

Reactions: rofif

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Exactly. lol look at the shitstorm going on on reddit. I am hiczok there. Answered to someone arguing with me. That is later in the discussion
wEoGV8r.png

Apparently that guy got 450 euro pc that blows away a ps5 and I am atupid to have paid 700$ for 3080. where are these idiots coming from
Arguing with the steam bros on Reddit is a waste of time. They have spent the better part of the decade trying disregard consoles (while begging for ports of all the console games)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Lol, the “Professional” version of a $500 console is supposed to be cheap? You have a cheap option already with the digital.

I’m tired of broke ass people complaining about shit they cannot afford in the first place. You have been priced out, that’s no one else problem expect yours.
Exactly. I posted screenshot of me arguing with some reddit idiots above... there are just poor people telling themselves their 400$ trash bin pcs are good.
And calling me an idiot for having money to spend.
This is getting annoying

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
wEoGV8r.png

I’m going to say those are bots, or the IQ of the average human has sharply dropped recently.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I’m going to say those are bots, or the IQ of the average human has sharply dropped recently.
One more lol. Are people really so stupid? I don't play on pc for other reasons not just pure financial math
q2CScBD.png

oh btw and that 450$ pc guy answered me that he got 3080 and 5600x.... lol yeah right.

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
wEoGV8r.png

i got a system that shits all over your system.

Here are my receipts, read it and weep PC peasant.

1725989257982.jpeg

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I am revising my initial thought:

Despite the likely good value point for the performance: With No disc drive + the lack of new titles I am interested in, I am now “wait and see"

Reactions: Entropi