Playstation should port their Exclusives to Xbox Series consoles

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
EFF Mutahar and Gene Park.
And how the hell does Gene keep getting promoted by people? He's just an ordinary, old crumb-bum, who will flip-flop depend on whoever he is hanging out with. He has absolutely zero personality.
Mutahar is just a typical e-tuber that has grown way too big, and needs to be knocked down several thousand pegs. He doesn't even offer any good insight on ANYTHING. And when he's gets insecure, he defaults to "well I'm e-famous and I have a White Girlfriend"... SMH
I hate to say it but people let Gene get away with a lot of bs because he's been around for so long and has been public with his cancer battles. So many people in the industry just feel sorry for him, his writing is awful, his reviews make no sense, and he's annoying and unprofessional on social media.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
8ILZLPb.jpg

• fire
Reactions: PropellerEar

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With Jim Ryan gone, the man who halved SIE profit margin to increase market share in Asia, North America and kill Xbox, Kenichiro Yoshida and Hiroki Totoki are plotting to loot SIE future and retire rich:

Kenichiro Yoshida (Sony Chairman and CEO)

Hiroki Totoki (Sony President and CFO, SIE chairman)
It's really so disappointing.

I hope the investors start to speak up and we, as fans should be buying stock and making a group to appoint a spokesperson to communicate on investor calls etc.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It's really so disappointing.

I hope the investors start to speak up and we, as fans should be buying stock and making a group to appoint a spokesperson to communicate on investor calls etc.
Like the Nintendo fan who was an investor & ask about Splatoon 3 having boys characters look feminine or some shit like that.

How much stock would you have to buy to even be able to ask questions? Likely $1000+

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Like the Nintendo fan who was an investor & ask about Splatoon 3 having boys characters look feminine or some shit like that.

How much stock would you have to buy to even be able to ask questions? Likely $1000+
1000 is just about ten or so shares.

There would need to be a coordinated group with a lot of shares together.

But if there was a group big enough with a thousand or more each, it could be sufficient imo

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

1000 is just about ten or so shares.

There would need to be a coordinated group with a lot of shares together.

But if there was a group big enough with a thousand or more each, it could be sufficient imo
I'm 90% sure only institutional investors they're familiar with are allowed to ask questions during earnings.

Thatgenericeric

Advocate of quality
Icon Extra
6 Mar 2024
yMVM4zR43eByFdHeyv7VfZ-1200-80.jpg

Here are several compelling reasons why this move could be beneficial for Sony.

Increased Revenue Streams

Exclusive titles limit potential revenue to one platform. By porting their games to Xbox, Sony can open up new revenue streams. The additional sales from Xbox users could be substantial, especially for high-quality titles with strong appeal. This financial boost could support further development and innovation within PlayStation Studios.

Leveraging Cross-Platform Play

The trend towards cross-platform play is growing, with many gamers seeking the ability to play with friends regardless of the console they own. By porting games to Xbox, Sony can embrace this trend and enhance the multiplayer experience for their titles. This can lead to increased player engagement.

Showcasing Superior Quality

Sony's PlayStation Studios is renowned for producing some of the best games in the industry. By bringing these titles to Xbox, Sony can demonstrate the high quality of their games to a new audience, potentially converting Xbox players into future PlayStation customers. This strategy can serve as a powerful marketing tool, showcasing what PlayStation has to offer.

Screenshot-2024-05-13-230951.jpg

Reducing Risk with Diversification

Relying heavily on a single platform can be risky in a volatile market. By diversifying their game distribution to include Xbox, Sony can mitigate some of this risk. Should there be fluctuations in the console market, having games available on multiple platforms ensures a more stable revenue stream and reduces dependency on any one console's success.

Mitigating Cannibalization of Console Sales Through Staggered Releases

By keeping their "tent-pole" titles exclusive to PlayStation for an initial period, Sony can maintain the allure and prestige of their own platform, ensuring that die-hard fans and early adopters still have a compelling reason to purchase a PlayStation console. Additionally, by ensuring that there's enough of a gap between the original release and subsequent port, there is no risk to their console sales; in fact, they may attract more players to buy their consoles as new fans are drawn in by the initial exclusivity and later follow-up releases on other platforms.

sony-should-follow-microsoft-and-bring-playstation-exclusives-to-xbox.jpg
Sony has no reason to port their games to a competing platform that is dying. Especially since no one on it actually buys their games. This is lose-lose. If you think there's any other outcome, you're dreaming.

Reactions: Bryank75