PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.
batman masturbating GIF

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
60 minutes s too short for me honestly. Some indies, psvr, 3 party maybe some pc port trailers we re left with 25,30 minutes for ps5.

Sony those bangers better be good.
Both Sony E3 2015 and E3 2016 wen't for little less than 1h (with people talking on stage).

The impact of the show is determined by the bigger announcements, there is plenty of time to show some good stuff.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don't know why people are worried. We know Sony has been cooking a lot of games under the hood.
They always show games when they're read and I guarantee it that the showcase will be good, regardless of the FUD already being spread by the butthurt and salty bots on twitter.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
As far as "indie" stuff, the only thing that might interest me is the horror game made by the studio (Bokeh) formed by former Japan Studios devs. Shuhei Yoshida took a photo with the team in that studio, so Sony and those guys might have some kind of partnership or at the very least guarantee a PS5 version.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't know why people are worried. We know Sony has been cooking a lot of games under the hood.
They always show games when they're read and I guarantee it that the showcase will be good, regardless of the FUD already being spread by the butthurt and salty bots on twitter.
What FUD? Every PlayStation showcase so far has delivered and this one benefit from having by far the biggest gap ever and it's happening right at the time where the PS5 can finally benefit from the hype.

This has a good chance to be Sony's attempt to recreate E3 2015.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Stuff Showing Up:

• Metal Gear Remake/Remastered (Heavily Teased)
  • Mortal Kombat One (Confirmed)
  • Spider Man 2 (November Release Date)
  • Sillent Hill 2 (2023 Release Date)
Spider-Man 2 is September

Stuff that might show up:

• Demon Souls for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin
Stellar Blade
Helldivers 2
The Last of Us Online
new IP

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wants
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Spiderman 2
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • The Last of Us Online
  • Next Naughty Dog game
  • Next Sony Santa Monica
  • Haven's multiplayer game
  • Bluepoint's new game
  • Firesprite new game
Forgot
  • Knack 3

• party
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
They did specifically say "PS5 and PSVR2"; no mention of PC in there at all so, I wouldn't expect any port announcements.

For the best, too; these Showcases should butter the bread of your main customers and fanbase, not the ones trying to get access outside of the ecosystem.

Nothing against the PC folks but, the port announcements can be saved for smaller State of Plays or blog posts. The Showcases should be 100% focused on the console (and console-adjacent peripherals like PSVR2).

They dont mention PC ports at the showcase announcements.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Wants
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Spiderman 2
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • The Last of Us Online
  • Next Naughty Dog game
  • Next Sony Santa Monica
  • Haven's multiplayer game
  • Bluepoint's new game
  • Firesprite new game
Forgot
  • Knack 3

I don't know if Cory's next game is ready to show yet unless SSM has 2 teams. Otherwise with Ragnarok just being released the majority of the workforce is only just now free. Then again Hermen Hulst could have been teasing something.

As for ND, I think Factions 2 is what we'll see and anything else isn't far enough along.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Now that I know Sony doesn't care about going the hybrid games route, I don't care about the PSVR2 announcements, they're just going to take up space from the games people actually care about

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't know if Cory's next game is ready to show yet unless SSM has 2 teams. Otherwise with Ragnarok just being released the majority of the workforce is only just now free. Then again Hermen Hulst could have been teasing something.

As for ND, I think Factions 2 is what we'll see and anything else isn't far enough along.

ND has 3 or 4 teams, and I doubt "factions" was using all of them. It's likely they have
  • Factions on the late stage alpha / beta
  • New project in early alpha
  • TLOU 3 in pre-production