PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Serously what happened to this game?

Last we saw this was like 2021 right?

I think if we don't see it this year, something must have gone awry with the development.
Yeah, it was in development hell..

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Awesome news! I see that this time
Stuff Showing Up:
  • The Last of Us Online (Druckmann said they were going to show more this year)
  • Metal Gear Remake/Remastered (Heavily Teased)
  • Mortal Kombat One (Confirmed)
  • Spider Man 2 (November Release Date)
  • Sillent Hill 2 (2023 Release Date)
  • Silent Hill The Short Message (console exclusive age rated long ago, possible shadow drop)
  • Stellar Blade (2023 Release Date)
  • Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (2023 date, Sony has marketing deal)
Stuff that might show up:
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin
  • Final Fantasy XVI launch trailer
  • Street Fighter 6 launch trailer
  • TLOU2 Director's Cut (PS5, some time later PC port)
  • Helldivers 2 (under development since 2016)
  • One of the Bungie's new IPs under development
  • Firewalk's game (under development since 2018)
Wishful Thinking:
  • Killzone Remake
  • Bloodborne 2/Remastered
  • GTA 6
  • Shadows of the Erdtree
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 (they released the DLC/DC 2 years ago, too early for GoT2)
  • Demon Souls for PC (after the TLOUP1 issues they may push back on ports of PS5 only games and instead focus more in PS4 games)

Fixed

I expect to see the games of the studios they just acquired. Kinda curious what they saw that would make Sony rush out and buy them.
I think that it's likely that we may see Firewalk's game and one of the Bungie new IPs they have under development. Bungie said they want to release at least one IP before 2025, and Firewalk has been working on this game since 2018.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Look at this shit. Hyenea PC beggars. Xbox podcast talking about PS showcases and games they want to play badly. But dont because of corporate hiking for free. SMH

Just buy a PS5 and come out with your dualsense controller. It's an easier life to stop pretending & lying to yourselves

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Look at this shit. Hyenea PC beggars. Xbox podcast talking about PS showcases and games they want to play badly. But dont because of corporate hiking for free. SMH

Just buy a PS5 and come out with your dualsense controller. It's an easier life to stop pretending & lying to yourselves
if i see any mention of a pc port at this showcase I will be livid.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It just occurred to me that a FFXVI demo is extremely likely.

who want to watch again :)
That GoW 2018 reveal is unbeatable, lighting in a bottle moment: opening the show with a surprise reveal of a huge title with live gameplay, with a full orchestra playing the songs and knowing exactly how to play the audience beat by beat.

Last edited:
  • party
Reactions: Bryank75

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
For me, 2016 was the best show ever.... They had GOW, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Spider-man and I think Detroit were the big games. So I think you're right, about 5 really big games would be great.

For me, the one with ff7 remake, last guardian, Shenmue 3 with the live orchestra was just another level of hype. They decided to show everything that people had been begging for online for years.