PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Stuff Showing Up:

• Metal Gear Remake/Remastered (Heavily Teased)
  • Mortal Kombat One (Confirmed)
  • Spider Man 2 (November Release Date)
  • Sillent Hill 2 (2023 Release Date)

Stuff that might show up:

• Demon Souls for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin

Wishful Thinking:

• Killzone Remake
  • Bloodborne 2/Remastered
  • GTA 6
  • Shadows of the Erdtree
I hope it's more than that.

• party
Reactions: LED

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Wasn't this date leaked a little while ago?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what they have in store... I hope for something big.

Kusarigama

16 May 2023
Stuff Showing Up:

Although it is almost certain that Mortal Kombat 12 will be at the showcase, it hasn't even been revealed yet to be put as confirmed.

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How quick we forget about the abk merger
One week after the last big regulator makes their call we get a Showcase that has been due for close to two years.

Jimbo to Phil:
You Lose Key And Peele GIF

24 Jun 2022
Stuff Showing Up:

Stuff that might show up:

• Demon Souls for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • Castlevania
  • Wolverine
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Rise of Ronin

Wishful Thinking:

• Killzone Remake
  • Bloodborne 2/Remastered
  • GTA 6
  • Shadows of the Erdtree

They did specifically say "PS5 and PSVR2"; no mention of PC in there at all so, I wouldn't expect any port announcements.

For the best, too; these Showcases should butter the bread of your main customers and fanbase, not the ones trying to get access outside of the ecosystem.

Nothing against the PC folks but, the port announcements can be saved for smaller State of Plays or blog posts. The Showcases should be 100% focused on the console (and console-adjacent peripherals like PSVR2).

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They did specifically say "PS5 and PSVR2"; no mention of PC in there at all so, I wouldn't expect any port announcements.

For the best, too; these Showcases should butter the bread of your main customers and fanbase, not the ones trying to get access outside of the ecosystem.

Nothing against the PC folks but, the port announcements can be saved for smaller State of Plays or blog posts. The Showcases should be 100% focused on the console (and console-adjacent peripherals like PSVR2).
Agreed. I hope there’s no pc port announced, yes. Should be for blog posts or state of plays.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
"Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators."

head hype GIF

• fire
Reactions: LED

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

As a PC person I agree. A Playstation showcase should be about playstation. None of this console-is-a-second-class-citizen bullshit that xbox pulls.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY MY PLAYSTATION 5 LIVES!!!!! GIVE ME THAT SPIDERMAN 2 AND FINAL FANTASY AND SILENT HILL!
Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
60 minutes s too short for me honestly. Some indies, psvr, 3 party maybe some pc port trailers we re left with 25,30 minutes for ps5.

Sony those bangers better be good.