Playstation Showcase Prediction Thread

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Also, there's so much negative energy towards PlayStation, even though It's in a really great place right now overall. You guys just dont see It from the outside. Tons of many, diverse exclusive games are coming in the next three years.
Let's hope these great exclusives aren't of lower quality compared to the past, like almost all of their games released since the PS5 launch, because of PC.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Gameplay debut trailer & release date (all 2024 except Marathon and DS2):
  • Concord
  • Marathon
  • Until Dawn remake
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Pragmata
  • AC Red
Post launch content trailer:
  • Helldivers 2 (new enemy faction: the Illuminate)
  • Destiny 2 (The Final Shape)
Release date announcement trailer with new gameplay:
  • Convallaria
  • Lost Soul Aside
  • Silent Hill 2
Old game PC port announcements:
  • GoWR
  • TLOU 2 remastered
New game announcements:
  • Venom (2025)
  • Horizon Online
  • Lego Horizon (maybe it's just Lego Fortnite content or Horizon Online)
  • Cory's new IP
Things that I think are possible but pretty unlikely won't be announced there and left for later (more likely in 2025 unless it's almost with a logo teaser):
  • Uncharted 5 (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Team Asobi's next game (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Fairgame$ (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Firesprite's next game (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Demon's Souls PC port (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Nathan Drake Collection remastered PS5+PC ports (more likely to be shown next year)
  • Dragon Quest XII (more likely to be shown at TGS)
  • Kingdom Hearts 4 (more likely to be shown at TGS)
  • Project Awakening (more likely to be shown at TGS)
Things that won't be announced because don't exist:
  • New game leaded by Bluepoint's (they are supporting some other studio codeveloping one of the games mentioned above or the next GoW)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn remake/remaster
Things that won't be announced there because it's way too early:
  • Bend's new IP (started in 2021)
  • Next GoW game (started late 2022)
  • Resident Evil 9 (won't be released before 2026)

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
@Orangee

Why a female protagonist in GoT? It'd be ridiculous to swap Jin after the first game. makes no sense. Unless it's a dual protagonist story or even a choice, like some AC games.

I'm good on Uncharted, though. Whatever it is, just bring it on.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

terry crews fingers crossed GIF by America's Got Talent

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Maybe he's just talking about Sony having their fiscal report announcement, something known since a lot of time ago.

And hopes that soon before announce an acquisition -as happened before, in this case would be Arrowhead- or son after it -as happened other years- they announce the showcase.

In both cases I'd say it's just a guess and has zero insider info.

@Orangee

Why a female protagonist in GoT?
Because Sony is replacing all their male protagonists -specially if white and heterosexual- from all their internally developed 1st party games because of wokism.

This new religion created by the globalist economic elite that wants to reduce global population says males are evil, white (non-jew) people are evil, heterosexual people are evil and the protagonist must be ugly females with manly/androginous body/face (if possible not heterosexual and maybe non-binary or at least "trans friendly", but never attractive to males). And secondary roles must be filled by a checklist of "minorities" tokenism quotas they have to fill for white signaling/"representation". So white heterosexual males are left to dumb, weak, sumise or -specially- bad guys roles.

In case of GoT they may keep the main character because he isn't white.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man I have high hopes for lost soul aside and project awakening. Cygames are too good to be only popular in asia

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Maybe he's just talking about Sony having their fiscal report announcement, something known since a lot of time ago.

And hopes that soon before announce an acquisition -as happened before, in this case would be Arrowhead- or son after it -as happened other years- they announce the showcase.

In both cases I'd say it's just a guess and has zero insider info.

Because Sony is replacing all their male protagonists -specially if white and heterosexual- from all their internally developed 1st party games because of wokism.

This new religion created by the globalist economic elite that wants to reduce global population says males are evil, white (non-jew) people are evil, heterosexual are evil and the protagonist must be ugly females with manly/androginous body/face (if possible not heterosexual and maybe non-binary or at least "trans friendly", but never attractive to males). So white heterosexual males are left to dumb, weak, sumise or specially bad guys roles.

In case of GoT they may keep the main character because he isn't white.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Yes, Sony's fiscal report includes updating Playstation's numbers -which will include several all time records for Sony or any console maker- and to brienfly hint their future steps (which will be the same as usual, to continue growing in console, PC and soon mobile, and in GaaS but also non-GaaS).

And well, we also know they will also release GoT on PC next week. And typically around the release of a port of an old game Sony announces another one. In this case, I assume they'll wait for the typical late May/early June showcase/State of Play. Pretty likely the port being TLOU 2 and/or GoWR.

Last edited:

Ico

8 May 2024
First Party:
- Venom reveal, and no Wolverine
- new Astro game from Team Asobi, regular console game, no VR
- new IP from Bluepoint and Housemarque
- Gravity Rush 2 Remaster and some Horizon projects (the ZD remaster will be revealed at Geoffs event, not here)
- No signal from NaughtyDog or Santa Monica
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 at the end

3rd Party:
- Resident Evil 9 reveal
- Pragmata trailer
- Slitterhead
- Silent Hill 2
- Kingdom Hearts 4
- No Hideo Kojima here, probably saving for The Game Awards

Reactions: Bryank75 and Umar

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
What I want: Full blown 1st party reveals. All studios that have been silent for over 3 years. Some more 3rd party deals.

What we'll get: More PC announcements, that idiotic Horizon remake, trailers for their GaaS crap and maybe just 1 or 2 1st party reveals, including some 3rd party, like Silent Hill release date.

Those though, will be in the minority.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Square Enix and other Japanese devs will as usually save Sony's ass. The Showcase will again start with a dozen of boring Indie games. We will see trailers for Sony 1st Party games, but these games will be pretty much far away from release.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Square Enix and other Japanese devs will as usually save Sony's ass. The Showcase will again statt with a dozen of boring Indie games. We will see trailers for Sony 1st Party games, but these games will be pretty much far away from release.
I'd be fine with that. Waiting, I mean. Agree on indie stuff as well.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Ico

8 May 2024
What we'll get: More PC announcements, that idiotic Horizon remake, trailers for their GaaS crap and maybe just 1 or 2 1st party reveals, including some 3rd party, like Silent Hill release date.
damn i forgot about all of those GaaS they announced last year, i hope they dont took much time of this showcase (even tho im a little curious for Marathon)

jinryanshoppe

2 May 2024
- Ghost of tsushima 2
- lost soul aside date
- concord date
- Astro new game
- Wolverine
- Venom game launch 2025
- Spider-man 2 dlc november 2024
- God of war remake or remastered 2025
- Marathon gameplay
- Helldirvers 2 new season
- Horizon zero dawn remake 2025
- Lego Horizon
- horizon multiplayer
- Resident evil 9
- Pragmata
- 4 games indie
- God of chaos ( Atreus game standalone 10 h) blueponit ?? or bluepoint new ip
- 3 VR game
- Naugthy dog new IP medievel game

Reactions: Umar and Gediminas

Ico

8 May 2024
i wonder if there is a chance to see non-software related announcements, like, new hardware or the cinema/tv projects that theyre doing, im very curious to see more about the gravity rush movie and whatever they are doing with patapon

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i wonder if there is a chance to see non-software related announcements, like, new hardware or the cinema/tv projects that theyre doing, im very curious to see more about the gravity rush movie and whatever they are doing with patapon
if it is a show, of course, possible.

Reactions: Ico