-A bunch of 3rd party games that arent exclusive
-Unknown Indian, Chinese or Korean exclusives
-Silent Hill 2
-Death Stranding 2
-Wolverine
-Phantom Blade 0
-Sword of the Sea
-Until Dawn Remake

If you notice there are no new exclusives announced. Just repeats, PC ports and remakes

Then they will announce Astrobot 2, GOT2 and probably Horizon Lego

The fanbase will be split, Ill be pissed because we still havent heard from the other studios and no major 3rd party exclusives. People will defend it and some people will hate.

Also a Bloodborn Remaster/Remake is not celebration worthy. I bought the game in 2015…

Last edited:

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
The new uncharted game, concord gameplay, project awakening rereveal and ghost 2.
Gravity Rush 2 Remastered could be revealed at a random thursday, (just like many of the other Sony remasters) but seems like the sale for the game is ending exactly at 23rd (when I expect the showcase to air) so that's something to keep in mind.

Also, there's so much negative energy towards PlayStation, even though It's in a really great place right now overall. You guys just dont see It from the outside. Tons of many, diverse exclusive games are coming in the next three years. Last years showcase was bad, sure, but they are going to really deliver this time lol
Sony changed their marketing strategy and are stretching the news inbetween state of plays and third party shows, instead of just dropping all of the info on a one single show.

Pc ports just dampen all the spirits.

Now there will never be a big library of games to be proud of on PS5. It is constantly eroded by the ports.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
First Party:
- Venom reveal, and no Wolverine
- new Astro game from Team Asobi, regular console game, no VR
- new IP from Bluepoint and Housemarque
- Gravity Rush 2 Remaster and some Horizon projects (the ZD remaster will be revealed at Geoffs event, not here)
- No signal from NaughtyDog or Santa Monica
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 at the end

3rd Party:
- Resident Evil 9 reveal
- Pragmata trailer
- Slitterhead
- Silent Hill 2
- Kingdom Hearts 4
- No Hideo Kojima here, probably saving for The Game Awards
That's pretty much on point.
Forgot about Venom, and screwed up the name. It was slitterhead, not splitterhead lmao
Also, I just remembered, that there was this Sumo Digital racing project i completly forgot about.

• brain
Reactions: Ico and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
First Party:
- Venom reveal, and no Wolverine
- new Astro game from Team Asobi, regular console game, no VR
- new IP from Bluepoint and Housemarque
- Gravity Rush 2 Remaster and some Horizon projects (the ZD remaster will be revealed at Geoffs event, not here)
- No signal from NaughtyDog or Santa Monica
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 at the end

3rd Party:
- Resident Evil 9 reveal
- Pragmata trailer
- Slitterhead
- Silent Hill 2
- Kingdom Hearts 4
- No Hideo Kojima here, probably saving for The Game Awards

A Bluepoint and Housemarque collaboration? Interesting.

Ico

8 May 2024
That's pretty much on point.
Forgot about Venom, and screwed up the name. It was slitterhead, not splitterhead lmao
Also, I just remembered, that there was this Sumo Digital racing project i completly forgot about.

honestly, that would be the perfect showcase to me haha, I would also love to have the yokotaro and project awakening announcement, but that would set my expectations way too high since im waiting for more info of both for a long time

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
honestly, that would be the perfect showcase to me haha, I would also love to have the yokotaro and project awakening announcement, but that would set my expectations way too high since im waiting for more info of both for a long time
Project awakening is 100% gonna be there. Yoko Taro should be a given at this point lol
Housemarque might still be too early, and no clue about Venom tbh. I dont get info about Marvel related stuff.

Btw Bokeh GS was at GDC this year and met with Sony, apparently they got an XDev deal for their next game. I could also see Sony getting Slitterhead under their wing, since they might be running low on budget.

I guess we will find out soon enough!

Reactions: Ico

Ico

8 May 2024
Btw Bokeh GS was at GDC this year and met with Sony, apparently they got an XDev deal for their next game. I could also see Sony getting Slitterhead under their wing, since they might be running low on budget.

Thats some great news! Sony would be smart to make Bokeh a close partner, Keiichiro Toyama is a very talented dev who can create some good IPs!
Speaking of it, I forgot about Fumito Ueda, GenDesign is working with Epic Games right? Im not familiar with how epic reveal their games, but I want to see his next project so bad!

Reactions: arvfab

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Don’t forget gaas junk, Sony is starting to have their own stench like the Xbox stench. This next showcase is make or break for them.
Especially with Switch 2 & Steamdeck 2 looming around the corner both hardware that will play most if not all 3rd party & have true permanent exclusive while in the case of Steamdeck/Steam will have both Xbox & PS + PC games all in 1 piece of hardware

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
oh my bad, messed up the way i intended to pass the message, i meant both of them announcing singular IPs for each studio! but now that you mention it, its indeed interesting

Yes, I'm very curious about the scale of the projects and how they might differ or resemble their previous ones.

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
Until Dawn Remake and Spider Man 2 DLC for sure. May be they show the Wolverine game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
oh my bad, messed up the way i intended to pass the message, i meant both of them announcing singular IPs for each studio! but now that you mention it, its indeed interesting
Yes, I'm very curious about the scale of the projects and how they might differ or resemble their previous ones.

Bluepoint isn't working on their own game, they are working as support team as they did on GoWR. They don't have enough game designers to lead a new AAA game.

Housemarque's next game was said to be a bigger project than Returnal. They started it after releasing Returnal, which means 2024 is too early for them to show the game. 2026 or 2027 would make more sense.

Ico

8 May 2024
New prediction:

> Ghost of Tsushima 2 is announced during the middle of the showcase, making a lot of people confused since this was the perfect game to pull the "wait, there is one more thing!"
> at the very end Hulst will show up to say Hello as the new software CEO, will announce that Bluepoint was collabing with Fromsoftware to make Bloodborne 2, he thanks us for watching the show
> The end

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
New prediction:

> Ghost of Tsushima 2 is announced during the middle of the showcase, making a lot of people confused since this was the perfect game to pull the "wait, there is one more thing!"
> at the very end Hulst will show up to say Hello as the new software CEO, will announce that Bluepoint was collabing with Fromsoftware to make Bloodborne 2, he thanks us for watching the show
> The end
ps6 preorder saved

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

SIE is evaluated as an essential role. Hmmm doesn’t sound like Sony is abandoning PlayStation anytime soon