PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
237561b8c80c66ef2363048d582c60b4656d00c7.png

State of Play is back! Tune in live for updates on PS5 and PS VR2 titles, plus a look at PlayStation Studios games arriving later this year.

The 30+ minute show features 14 titles, and begins May 30 at 3pm PT / 6pm ET | May 31 12am CEST / 7am JST on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok. See you then!

Regarding Co-streaming and Video-On-Demand (VOD)

Please note that this broadcast may include copyrighted content (e.g. licensed music) that PlayStation does not control. We welcome and celebrate our amazing co-streamers and creators, but licensing agreements outside our control could interfere with co-streams or VOD archives of this broadcast. If you’re planning to save this broadcast as a VOD to create recap videos, or to repost clips or segments from the show, we advise omitting any copyrighted music.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It took us longer than expected, but we've arrived.

But yeah, it's never been more joever.

State of Play is back! Tune in live for updates on PS5 and PS VR2 titles, plus a look at PlayStation Studios games arriving later this year.

The 30+ minute show features 14 titles, and begins May 30 at 3pm PT / 6pm ET | May 31 12am CEST / 7am JST on YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok. See you then!

Only 30 minutes and there's even PS VR2 titles in there.
That leaves what... 25~ minutes for the "real" stuff?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nice, I guess. They're not saying the usual "featuring games from our partners" or "third party whatever", so I'm expecting a few minor 1st party games.

Reactions: Entropi

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
As far as 1st party goes, idk what to really expect, Hoping Concord and Astro look great.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Nice, I guess. They're not saying the usual "featuring games from our partners" or "third party whatever", so I'm expecting a few minor 1st party games.

Astro Bot + Concord gameplay reveal and possibly one PSVR2 title would be my guess.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It's a relatively small SoP, so I expect nothing amazing. Keep your expectations in check people.

Why should we? Its been a year since the last one they have had more than enough time to have something ready to show.

Or is Sony just incompetent?

Reactions: toadsage44
24 Jun 2022
I'll be skipping this one. If there are any truly great announcements/reveals in post, then I'll consider catching the next one or the Showcase as it premiers (unless scheduling gets in the way). More PC ports and GAAS won't cut it for me.

In fact I'm likely gonna skip the Xbox Showcase and SGF as well; these events were either smoke & mirrors or just outright a waste of my time last year and they have to earn my premier view back.

The energy of E3 (and the competitive atmosphere it in part helped foster) is massively missed these days.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Why should we? Its been a year since the last one they have had more than enough time to have something ready to show.

Or is Sony just incompetent?

I’ve been playing my PS5 quite a lot, including exclusives. I don't get any value from it watching shows on youtube like you do. I play games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like I said.

Announce on Mon or Tue but people pointed that Monday was holiday so Tue or Wed.
Show one or two days after the announce.

That is how Sony is doing presentations since mid 2023.

It is a mid-sized show... not big like the 40m+ we had in January and neither small like these 20m ones.
30m+ is enough to show a great lineup but that is if the lineup is great enough :D