PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's like @Old Gamer said, there's probably not a ton of people in the studio who really want this. Neither that nor having 7 out of the 9 human characters in their roster being women of color.

This stuff is coming from above. Just look at Microsoft Xbox's "Inclusion Framework" guidelines. Sony absolutely has their own version of this:

Their motto is "If you don't intentionally include, you will unintentionally exclude", so imagine the pressure the devs are put into, to make sure they intentionally include everyone*.
* - everyone that matters.

And this has nothing to do with creativity. If anything most of these devs know this stifles creativity. The checklist for forced pronouns, diversity, etc. is coming from their CFOs who want cheaper loans and investment.
Bro if you think cali devs aren't in tune with DEI.. lmao

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Bro if you think cali devs aren't in tune with DEI.. lmao
Maybe most of those are in tune, but it also seems to me Californian devs are a dying breed. At least I get the feeling most of the layoffs are happening there, while new studios start opening in eastern Europe like Czechia and Poland.

I was talking about e.g. Polish CDPR devs who see this on their feed:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Maybe most of those are in tune, but it also seems to me Californian devs are a dying breed. At least I get the feeling most of the layoffs are happening there, while new studios start opening in eastern Europe like Czechia and Poland.

I was talking about e.g. Polish CDPR devs who see this on their feed:

That's an interesting program, so women there get paid sick days when on the period? Pretty good tbh, we should do that here. I bet it'd cut office drama in half.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Y'all mad about Pronouns 🙄
Diversity because of Women of color 🙄

Damn after decades of cis white men in everything y'all mad over the dumbest shit, please grow the fuck up.

Wishing for a game to fail is also r*tarded. If you don't like it, do not support it. End of day it's still people's livelihoods at stake here, they've worked hard at the game.

The discussion around this game is so toxic for the wrong reasons.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
hRpLjHq.jpeg

(y)
I read several times this pic and I still don't understand what his point is...
What exactly is happening in their bubble?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's an interesting program, so women there get paid sick days when on the period? Pretty good tbh, we should do that here. I bet it'd cut office drama in half.
It is indeed a good program.
While maybe most of woman don't suffer with menstruation... some part of them have periods worst than being sick.
Nobody should be forced to work in constant pain.

It is no different from you getting paid sick days for having an illness.

Reactions: anonpuffs