PlayStation Studios are now promoting competing hardware (Steam Deck)

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is really cool, I think the deck startup movie looks quite nice, but these games would not really look or run particularly well on the Deck.
like oh boy 800p 30fps low-medium settings

Reactions: Papacheeks

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is really cool, I think the deck startup movie looks quite nice, but these games would not really look or run particularly well on the Deck.
like oh boy 800p 30fps low-medium settings

I wonder if they are making a handheld is its going to use same API and OS, if so whats the plan in terms of titles.

God I just want dual sense features on it. I would buy it day one.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Sony launch games there... there is nothing "competing".

PCMR have that weird ideia that PC compete with PlayStation lol
You do realise that both Sony and Valve make a lot of money from third parties releasing their games on their stores, right?

I'll leave it as an exercise to figure out where the definition of "competition" comes into play here.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I can understand GOW announcing that but ND announcement is ridiculous. How about making a fucking game instead of promoting a competing platform?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony launch games there... there is nothing "competing".

PCMR have that weird ideia that PC compete with PlayStation lol
I’d say Steamdeck/Valve along with Switch/Nintendo are competition to PS as a whole.

Maybe not as much as Xbox/MS but Steamdeck 2/ Switch 2 will be playing alot of the same games PSN has. All it takes is Steamdeck to have a deck/home console version and its directly competition with Sony.

People either buy games on PSN, Nintendo store, Windows/Xbox or Steam. PS can make money from Steam sales but These guys are competing with each other, its just the last 4 years has changed things. Its not too foreign of an idea

Its only recently they arent seen as competition. But the principles are still there

Actual 3rd party publishers with no platform are the only ones who arent competing with these guys