PlayStation Studios are now promoting competing hardware (Steam Deck)

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

R4tion4l Sk3pt1c

31 Aug 2024
But they made the wrong move betting on the dying PC platform.

Years of propaganda and misinformation from Steam's bootlickers have given companies the false impression that there's gold in the PC hills.
PC gaming isn’t dying its consoles that are going the way of the VCR and I like how you link WSJ which is owned by Rupert Murdoch a guy who’s news outlet Fox got sued for lying on air

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You area talking about a device that sold like 3 million in 3 years making the waters where the PlayStation is hotter…

I’m not sure but the water where PS is not getting at all due Steam Deck.

That is why I said it is maybe another place.

Steam Deck is one of the biggest failures of game industry history and people keep believing it is the biggest thing ever created lol

I mean Steam Deck at least beat Ouya 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The Handheld so popular it literally spawned a new Category for PCs is "the biggest failure"?
That niche category already existed way before Steam Desk… what are you talking about?

What Steam Desk give you was a new handheld at a price lower than $1000… it tried to make it popular to masses…

But masses are not buying it… it sells less than niche VR devices.

Edit - I will say more… 2025 is probably the last year for Steam Deck… even hardcore Steam users are not buying it anymore because it is already not keeping up with new releases.

“popular” lol

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You area talking about a device that sold like 3 million in 3 years making the waters where the PlayStation is hotter…

I’m not sure but the water where PS is not getting at all due Steam Deck.

That is why I said it is maybe another place.

Steam Deck is one of the biggest failures of game industry history and people keep believing it is the biggest thing ever created lol

I mean Steam Deck at least beat Ouya 🤷🏻‍♂️
The "boiling frog" is a metaphor used to illustrate how people can gradually become accustomed to harmful situations without noticing the danger until it’s too late. It suggests that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out immediately, but if it’s placed in lukewarm water that is slowly heated, it may not notice the change and will ultimately be boiled alive.

This concept is often applied to social, environmental, or political issues where incremental changes lead to significant negative outcomes. It serves as a warning about the dangers of complacency and the importance of recognizing gradual changes that can have severe consequences.

PC gaming isn’t dying its consoles that are going the way of the VCR and I like how you link WSJ which is owned by Rupert Murdoch a guy who’s news outlet Fox got sued for lying on air
LMFAO. PC is so fucking dead. PC line go down wheeeee

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
94u1t7.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Umar and Landiri

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
That niche category already existed way before Steam Desk… what are you talking about?

What Steam Desk give you was a new handheld at a price lower than $1000… it tried to make it popular to masses…

But masses are not buying it… it sells less than niche VR devices.

Edit - I will say more… 2025 is probably the last year for Steam Deck… even hardcore Steam users are not buying it anymore because it is already not keeping up with new releases.

“popular” lol
Idk what opinion is worse. this or that Concord was your GOTY. 😂 Valve never intended for this to sell 100M+ units. This was made to get more people into the Steam ecosystem. Also. What are you talking about? Valve did not try to make Steam Deck popular to masses. If they were trying to do that, they would have had commercials, sold SD in stores, and had a worldwide launch. They knew that it would be a niche product.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Idk what opinion is worse. this or that Concord was your GOTY. 😂 Valve never intended for this to sell 100M+ units. This was made to get more people into the Steam ecosystem. Also. What are you talking about? Valve did not try to make Steam Deck popular to masses. If they were trying to do that, they would have had commercials, sold SD in stores, and had a worldwide launch. They knew that it would be a niche product.
So it is not “so popular” at all like you had said…

I will try explain again… devices like Steam Deck already existed on PC for years but it was too expensive to be considered an option to most gamers.

Valve was the first to made that type of device in a lower price trying to reach more gamers.

And it failed in that goal… not only it failed to reach more gamers… it was a niche product that only hardcore Steam users brought… it failed to increase the number of Steam users.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Games are the platform, not plastic boxes.

When are ya'll going to learn?
Without the plastic boxes there would be no PlayStation without PlayStation, Sony will have a hard time selling games there's no going around this.

There's a reason you don't see Nintendo putting their stuff everywhere. Walled gardens are important to a healthy sustainable ecosystem.

Nintendo and Netflix both understands this... There's a reason PlayStation use to have the ads "Only On PlayStation" <-- ironically that's when they were selling the most software.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
But they made the wrong move betting on the dying PC platform.

Years of propaganda and misinformation from Steam's bootlickers have given companies the false impression that there's gold in the PC hills.
PC-Gamers are just the most chronically online, sitting in front of their PCs 16+ hours a day, multi-tasking various forums, while sitting afk in some Online/Live-Service/MMO-Game.

PC-Sales are almost always far behind Console Sales in 99,x% of the cases.
On top of that, revenue there is much lower due to lower prices, key-stores, VPN-Tricks, Account-Tricks, Piracy, etc.

Maybe Denuvo can move the needle a bit, with cracking down on the Piracy, and then they also had to prevent regional VPN/Keystore abuse, to make it more profitable.

But at the current state, PC-Sales are not worth much for most big Publishers, including Sony.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters