PlayStation vs PC?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
It's going to depend on a lot of factors. How much money you have, personal want/desire from a potential gaming platform, habits, what games you like, etc. Consoles are usually the easiest platform to invest in because game quality is consistent (in terms of performance) and most people have a TV already.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What games do you like to play?

What interests you? And how much do you want to spend?

Ps5 pro should be end of the year and will offer great performance per dollar and access to all the big games pretty much.

Pc is great if you want to do mods, some amateur development or use content creation tools etc.

Do you have a library of games built up already somewhere?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PlayStation!

You'll get better quality games and less broken ports 😬

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
pc if you can afford it. no paid online, mods, millions of video games, cutting edge tech, More sales, system freedom etc. I only recommend pc if you can afford and if you're a video game euthenist.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Do you want to sit down and have fun? PS5

Do you want to deal with a million little issues like drivers and OS nonsense and cheaters and whatnot and play with sliders for hours to ‘fine tune’ a game before playing? PC.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Classic question
here we go again GIF by Blessthefall

Reactions: Sircaw

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I want to play top of the class games, so PlayStation for me.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Depends what you like.

-Play day 1 high quality AAA full priced games and be part of the conversation: playstation
-Play without worrying about fiddling with settings: playstation
-Play smaller, multiplayer-focused games and get them on deep sale, but most of them will look like trash (which you don't care about as long as they're fun): PC
-Be able to invest lots of money in upgrading the experience (and you enjoy that aspect): PC

If you have $2000+ to invest in hardware, you should get both. If you don't have much up front cash then get the PS5.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The "PC costs 3000" is about as stupid as "PC gamers do piracy".

Here's a gaming PC for $279:

I've never spent more than 1500 on a custom build, and my first had a GeForce 3 inside.
I wouldn't count steamdeck as a pc, it's a hybrid handheld console that can play pc games. Full fledged pcs have a lot of features that steamdeck will struggle to fulfill. For example a lot of people go into PC gaming for the ability to stream to youtube/twitch etc., which is something that the steamdeck struggles a lot at.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I wouldn't count steamdeck as a pc, it's a hybrid handheld console that can play pc games. Full fledged pcs have a lot of features that steamdeck will struggle to fulfill. For example a lot of people go into PC gaming for the ability to stream to youtube/twitch etc., which is something that the steamdeck struggles a lot at.
It's a PC. It plays PC games. It plays Baldurs Gate 3. $279.