Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
What this tread feels like to me:
Bait GIF

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is like going to the Boston garden and asking Lakers or Celtics. Also there's no details on your situation or preferences to guide you.

Some folks like the simplicity of consoles, others the flexibility of an open platform. Price performance is still on consoles this generation because of GPUs. By this time of the generation we should have a 150 USD GPU that exceeds console performance but that's not the case. Mainstream GPU price performance has stagnated since 2019 when RTX cards released.

Last edited:

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I prefer console when given the choice. But from what I hear, PC is improving for the living room experience. If every PS and Xbox game, 3rd party and first party, was day one on PC, I may consider looking at going PC only. Until then, I enjoy my consoles and I am not changing anytime soon.

PS5 is a great experience and a better option than PC IMO.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Depends what games you want.

70% of my gaming is 1st Party PS and Nintendo games, so I want them day 1. FromSoft, Capcom and other games cover the rest.

I have a weaker PC for indies and older games/mods.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The "PC costs 3000" is about as stupid as "PC gamers do piracy".

Here's a gaming PC for $279:

I've never spent more than 1500 on a custom build, and my first had a GeForce 3 inside.
I don't know how am I gonna say that but Series S is much better option.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
And here is a modern-day space rocket.

Stop being disingenuous.

wright brothers GIF by The Franklin Institute
which is more disingenuous. that a person buys a steam deck and plays pc games, or that a person can't play pc games without spending > $2000 on a God machine.

this is you, by the way
Playstation 5 m8, save the extra two and half grand for more important things like trips to Vegas and hookers.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
which is more disingenuous. that a person buys a steam deck and plays pc games, or that a person can't play pc games without spending > $2000 on a God machine.

this is you, by the way
I am sorry, but you are being ridiculous, and you know it

The thread says PC, not Steamdeck.

And I see humour is not your strong point; lighten the fuck up!

Lamp Click GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I own 4 gaming-capable PCs. The most expensive one cost 1200. it has an AMD 6700XT inside and plays all the videogames.
i could give two shits if you own a warehouse of pcs, Steamdeck is still not a pc.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no best.

PlayStation if you just want to relax and play games without suffer with well PC weirdness.

And don’t believe in people that says they never had any issue on PC… they had in several games that only exception that worked similar to console experience they will tell you for the rest of their life.

You have to deals with things in PC… no PC user ever avoid that… and games on PC have way more issues you had to find weird solution than typical PC apps.