Playstation whistleblower reveals anti-Playstation PC conspiracy

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
xfiles.jpg

The Insomniac leak, especially the potential release of an early PC build of Wolverine has got some Icon folks a little spooked. Some investigators have gone deeper than the usual blaming Jim Ryan, Herman Hulst, and Neil Druckmann for ruining the brand. It has been suggested that Playstation games on Steam are being orchestrated by a "Microsoft Sleeper Agent" at Sony.

It turns out the conspiracy is bigger than anyone believed. It goes straight to the top, and it goes back for years.

In October 2021 former Playstation CEO [REDACTED] blew the whistle on the conspiracy in an interview with ArsTechnica. He admitted to being one of "a number" of saboteurs on the payroll of Microsoft. The Truth was right under our noses the whole time and we just couldn't see it.

conspiracy.jpg

Here is [REDACTED]'s testimony where he explains in detail how he and his comrades plotted to destroy Playstation (@ 01:29:45):

I have transcribed the incriminating section (reader beware, content is disturbing):

Interviewer: I want to get your perspective as far as Playstation's PC strategy. Is that something you were originally part of? If not, do you think this will tarnish the Playstation brand, or help it grow?

Informant
: Shortly before I decided to move on to my next thing, the idea of bringing Playstation content to the PC platform was something I had been thinking about. A number of people had been thinking about it. It goes back to the thing we were just talking about which is: how do we get more people into our Playstation world if we only talk to people who are already in the Playstation world? If all i'm talking to are people who are into Playstation, to get them to be more Playstation-y, I may be able to get more 'spend' out of them. I may be able to get them to buy more games, to sign up for downloadable content, more services, but still I'm talking to the same group. They're fans, we've brought them in over time, but it's the same group. I don't think you'll ever see Playstation do day-and-date with PC, though never say never. But the strategy that I was developing when I was there was: we need to go out to where these new customers are, these new fans could be. We need to go to where they are because they're decided not to come to my house, I have to go to their house. And what's the best way to go to their house? Why not take one of our top selling games, which has already blown out the marketplace, it's already been out for 18 months or 24 months, there's no retail activity anymore for that title, I'm not trading off one sale for another… and bring that to the PC platform and let them have an idea. Let me show you what you're missing. And hopefully with that, for people not currently inside the universe of Playstation get to experience what we're experiencing. And we'll get them to see what's great about Playstation experience. It was the easiest one to get to because the engineering challenge isn't so great, people have the right equipment at home. I can bring it to a PC, but I can't bring it to a microwave oven. It is a way of outreach. Trying to get to people who the platform doesn't currently speak to.

Interviewer: In terms of the PC strategy, when this was coming about was the thought process that giving some of the biggest Playstation games to PC would get them to buy a PS5 now? Do you think these people playing Days Gone, Uncharted 4, Horizon, do you think these people will buy a PS5 to play Last of Us 2 or Forbidden West or Ragnarok?

Informant:
Some will, yeah. And they might not have otherwise. There's no losing in this transaction. It's allowing people to have a glimpse of the Playstation platform. And not just a trailer. Get on your rig, play Days Gone. And maybe you'll think there's more than just the PC Master Race.

Icon has been thinking too small. Microsoft has been controlling Playstation from the top since at least October 2019. We know [REDACTED] was involved, but other conspirators are still at large.

We must stop them before they port again.

ƢƩ

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • angry
Reactions: Yurinka and Diah

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
They wanted a taste of that Steam revenue and it’s that simple lol

Wouldn’t be surprised if someone within Sony was carelessly pushing for this though.

OP
OP
flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They wanted a taste of that Steam revenue and it’s that simple lol

Wouldn’t be surprised if someone within Sony was carelessly pushing for this though.
It's a minimum 5 year effort involving a studio acquisition, various 3rd party partnerships, internal re-jiggering at first party teams, at least 2 CEOs... maybe it won't pay off in the ways they planned, but it hasn't been careless.

• brain
Reactions: BroodCorp

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Flaccid liar is mad he’s been exposed as a pathological liar

I’m still waiting on evidence of 22m sales of Baldurs Gate 3 on Steam