Popular Sequels that You Hated?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
For me it is definitely KH2, I absolutely loved the first game and consider it one of my all time favourites.

KH2 cut every single solitary thing that was enjoyable about the first game and basically opted to target the sequel to an entirely different audience. Literally the only good thing I have to say about KH2 is that Sora has a cooler outfit.

The magic system was gutted, the exploration was gutted, the equipment system was gutted, the worlds were cut up into idiotic episodes (and locking keyholes gets reduced to not a big deal), Atlantis was gutted, you're forced to endure an hours of Disney filler worlds that just repeat the movie story, the Gummi Ship sections are still terrible (KH1's may or may not be worse)... ...and ultimately despite the first game going out of it's way to give you the choice of how you want to play the game KH2 forces you into a much more narrow style of play, something that both of the new major mechanics end up doing (high jump / glide being locked behind level ups that you'd never know about if you only used drive for boss fights and reaction just being annoying in general).

The whole game is just a series of soulless hallways where you mindlessly mash X. But yeah, okay. You can apparently cheese superbosses in the Final Mix version if you care enough to learn how to "Superguard". Woohoo. 10/10 best game ever

it's sad that instead of expanding and polishing all aspects of KH1 for the sequels, they over-focused on the story and combat to the detriment of literally everything else. KH could be so much more than what it is now if they retained their design philosophy from the first game.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
recently.... probably LAD 7. I meant like they got one combat system that is fun and they switched it for turn based. And that shit is not even good.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
recently.... probably LAD 7. I meant like they got one combat system that is fun and they switched it for turn based. And that shit is not even good.

There's still the judgement games, they have the old combat style and a much more serious story. (Less of the Wacky nonsense from 7)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Bioshock 3, may the people that made who made that Abortion rot in hell for eternity.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Let me guess, it does not have fishes?
That is one reason for sure.🐟(y)

The truth is they turned it into a run-and-gun game with an awful half-arsed clothing RPG gear section.

The art in the game was excellent, but the rest of it was trash. The DLC was decent, though, it felt like they were trying to get back to the excellence of the two previous games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I didn't like the most recent Batman movie. I thought it sucked, but most people thought it was good.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
- The Last of Us Part II

Everything is excellent but I absolutely hated the story, characters, writing, pacing, etc. Doesn't come anywhere close to what was my Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game of the generation - TLOU.

- Uncharted 4

Lost Legacy is better as is Uncharted 2 and 3. Uncharted 4 is basically a soap opera drama where the treasure hunt pirate story is put in the back seat. Boring at times with horrible pacing. In all honesty, I hope all of these characters are done. Give me Chloe (Claudia Black!!!) or don't give me this series at all.

Side note: Both TLOUP2 and U4 have one thing in common - Neil Druckmann led both and I have never liked him and being close friends with Anita Sarkeesian makes me like him even less. Hoping he gets an offer from Hollywood that's too good to pass up.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
- The Last of Us Part II

Everything is excellent but I absolutely hated the story, characters, writing, pacing, etc. Doesn't come anywhere close to what was my Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game of the generation - TLOU.

- Uncharted 4

Lost Legacy is better as is Uncharted 2 and 3. Uncharted 4 is basically a soap opera drama where the treasure hunt pirate story is put in the back seat. Boring at times with horrible pacing. In all honesty, I hope all of these characters are done. Give me Chloe (Claudia Black!!!) or don't give me this series at all.

Side note: Both TLOUP2 and U4 have one thing in common - Neil Druckmann led both and I have never liked him and being close friends with Anita Sarkeesian makes me like him even less. Hoping he gets an offer from Hollywood that's too good to pass up.
I finished up the last of Us part two about a month ago, I really struggled to get into the game, to the point where I felt it was a real chore to play; once I got further into the story, I really enjoyed the combat and locations.

~I did actually really like Abby's character but struggled to like some of the cast, especially the little Asian dude, especially knowing he was such a racist little shit from watching a Robingaming video a few years ago. No idea why they allowed him to be in the story,

As for Uncharted 4, I found the game boring and a snore-fest. Uncharted 2 on the otherhead was a complete masterpiece. Want more uncharted games like that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh yeah I didn't really like uncharted 4, it was too long for me. It started out strong and then it felt like it became super contrived in order to pad out the length, "sorry mario your princess/pirate treasure is in another castle" type deal

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I finished up the last of Us part two about a month ago, I really struggled to get into the game, to the point where I felt it was a real chore to play; once I got further into the story, I really enjoyed the combat and locations.

~I did actually really like Abby's character but struggled to like some of the cast, especially the little Asian dude, especially knowing he was such a racist little shit from watching a Robingaming video a few years ago. No idea why they allowed him to be in the story,

Playing as Abby was good but the character came across as too forced trying to get the player to relate to her and like her character. Playing with dogs and whatever other crap. Which Asian dude? The one that dated Dina or the one that was the side kick to Abby for a time?

As for Uncharted 4, I found the game boring and a snore-fest. Uncharted 2 on the otherhead was a complete masterpiece. Want more uncharted games like that.

I love Uncharted 2 as it's my second best game in the series. I personally prefer Lost Legacy because it has everything the previous four games has in one game with far better pacing. And I like Chloe as a character and her voice actor. Hehe. I do agree that Uncharted 4 was definitely boring most of the time.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Multiplayer game, probably BF1.

Holy shit that game balance was atrocious, especially on conquest. Those artillery truck campers were cunts. Bombers got unlimited repairs and short refills. Also broken weapon classes.

Nowadays every BF games got infested with Chinese cheaters, literally unplayable lol.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
That's FF XII for me. It's not only that I didn't enjoy it; I asked myself WTF is this shit for 10 hours straight before I gave up.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
- The Last of Us Part II

- Uncharted 4

I loved both. Gameplay/combat wise, TLOU2 was amazing.
Uncharted 4 ---> Uncharted 1&3 for me