Popular Sequels that You Hated?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't think I really hated a sequel but there were a few that I really disliked.

FFXII basically killed my love for the series and it never went back to what it was. Never have we gotten a game like FF VI-IX again, with an open world and a ship to explore, not to mention they messed about with gameplay, trying to find something new.

MGSV was the most disappointing game I ever played. Story was just horrible.

TLOU2 was a serious disappointment story wise. Again, the story. Pacing, character development, the lack of subtlety when dealing with various themes.

RE4 killed the series for me. Great action game but a horrible RE one. Set the series in a shit path.

FF and RE I agree with.
MGS5, hmmmmm. The presentation side of the story I didnt like, didnt feel like MGS. But I did like the overall lore, tapes to listen to, and explanation/twist at the end. Having Ocelot and Miller in the story was cool for me. Also the gameplay was addictive, probably the longest ive spent in a MSG game. Just needed indoor segments.

TLOU2 I loved. Didnt have the epic journey I feel TLOU1 had, but it hit in a different way. Pacing is something I just dont care or agree with when people complain about in games. I grew up playing long ass JRPG’s, capcom games and watching anime, they all had terrible pacing so to say. I didnt feel any issues in U4 or TLOU2 in those regards lol, its kind of a nitpick when it comes to games and Ive only start seeing it as a complaint when U4 came out

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Dark Souls 3, IDC what anyone says. It was too easy.

DS2 is still the dark souls game I have played the absolute most of and I am not ashamed to say it.
Surreeeeeee you prefer fighting hordes of mobs and braindead bosses that can only move horizontal than actually fun boss?

DS3 is fun, DS2 is not.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I hated Mass Effect 3 so much, biggest disappointment in gaming. Seems to me that despite the outrage most people liked it, I still deeply hate it.

I hated RE4 as well but haven't replayed it in a while and haven't played the remake.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
e4c16659-5b56-4563-aa99-52a08272a218.9cabfa46a4ce3a97754099fba2ab2980.jpeg

no words needed

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I didn't like the most recent Batman movie. I thought it sucked, but most people thought it was good.

Felt like a Walmart Nolan movie

good that series were good, maybe cuckman will move out of ND indefinitely to Hollywood.

Im surprised he and Kojima aren't working for Sony pictures.
Devil may cry 2 is THE bad sequel.

There's a reason we will never know who actually directed that game
e4c16659-5b56-4563-aa99-52a08272a218.9cabfa46a4ce3a97754099fba2ab2980.jpeg

no words needed

I honestly think Killzone 2 was the only good game in the whole series

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I'm not surprised by the Resident Evil 4 mentions after my time at this site for nearly 2 years but wow, I didn't realize Uncharted 4 was that divisive here! While I haven't beaten it yet, it has been so much fun for me so far.
I guess for me Resident Evil 5 would be my answer, Then again I started the Resident Evil series with RE1 remake and RE4 around the same time so maybe something like Code Veronica would be a great answer as well since that takes place after RE1 remake in canon? or maybe RE6 as well

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I didn't like RE4 for how it changed the series, but didn't hate it. I also played RE5, and that's the one which I started to dislike. Then the RE6 demo was released and I couldn't even finish it.

I hate the fact that there are two mainline FF which are MMORPGs.

Also BOTW+BOTW2. Let's hope next TloZ is good again.

Broken Sword 3. They should have sticked to 2D P&C OR should have made a good switch to 3D.

Do games like Fallout and Halo count, where I didn't even like the original ones?

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'm not surprised by the Resident Evil 4 mentions after my time at this site for nearly 2 years but wow, I didn't realize Uncharted 4 was that divisive here! While I haven't beaten it yet, it has been so much fun for me so far.
I guess for me Resident Evil 5 would be my answer, Then again I started the Resident Evil series with RE1 remake and RE4 around the same time so maybe something like Code Veronica would be a great answer as well since that takes place after RE1 remake in canon? or maybe RE6 as well

Im also surprised ff12 is getting a lot of hate, I loved that game and the ivalice setting. Way better than the boring FF9

Reactions: RE4-Station

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Surreeeeeee you prefer fighting hordes of mobs and braindead bosses that can only move horizontal than actually fun boss?

DS3 is fun, DS2 is not.
I am absolutely fine with both, but ds3 was way too easy. I didn't get any sense of difficulty in my multiple playthroughs.