Possible PS5/New Version of TLOU2

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Every third party publisher that released a native PS5 version of their game did it for free. That includes DualSense feature and resolution and framerate improvements.

Only Sony charges for that.

Here's a full list.

Bro most those games are little upgrades. When Sony does an upgrade/remake/remaster it is alot more than this. We don't know if this is just a re-release which I doubt, I think it'll be alot more than that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Every third party publisher that released a native PS5 version of their game did it for free. That includes DualSense features and resolution and framerate improvements.

Here's a full list.

Did not know?

TLOU PS5 is a whole different game from TLOU so it worth your $70 even if you already paid $60 before.

People keep supporting that 🤷‍♂️
While new games? Who wants new games?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Did not know?

TLOU PS5 is a whole different game from TLOU so it worth your $70 even if you already paid $60 before.
I'm not talking about TLOU Part 1. I'm talking about PS5 upgrades they did for Spider-man, GoT and the like. Like they tried doing for Forbidden West and were kindly reminded they promised a free upgrade so they had to backtrack on that.

Only Sony charges $10 for using your PS4 games with a higher resolution, framerate and DualSense features. Hell, Capcom released 3 free upgrades in the same day for RE7, RE2 and 3 containing all that.

If these TLOU2 rumors are true, it won't be a "remake" like the first one. It'll be a native PS5 version and they charge for that.

@Gamernyc78

They're not small upgrades. They're the EXACT upgrades Sony does for their first party games. Upgrades to resolution, framerate and dualsense features. Metro, RE2,3 and 7 are among the last 3rd party games to get that for free. They're the same upgrades Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima got. The only outlier here is Death Stranding because that $10 get you actual extra content.

I am talking about a NATIVE PS5 version here. I need to make that clear. Games like GoW 2018 got a free framerate bump but never a proper native version.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Macaulay Culkin Yes GIF by filmeditor

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm not talking about TLOU Part 1. I'm talking about PS5 upgrades they did for Spider-man, GoT and the like. Like they tried doing for Forbidden West and were kindly reminded they promised a free upgrade so they had to backtrack on that.

Only Sony charges $10 for using your PS4 games with a higher resolution, framerate and DualSense features. Hell, Capcom released 3 free upgrades in the same day for RE7, RE2 and 3 containing all that.

If these TLOU2 rumors are true, it won't be a "remake" like the first one. It'll be a native PS5 version and they charge for that.

@Gamernyc78

They're not small upgrades. They're the EXACT upgrades Sony does for their first party games. Upgrades to resolution, framerate and dualsense features. Metro, RE2,3 and 7 are among the last 3rd party games to get that for free. They're the same upgrades Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima got. The only outlier here is Death Stranding because that $10 get you actual extra content.

I am talking about a NATIVE PS5 version here. I need to make that clear. Games like GoW 2018 got a free framerate bump but never a proper native version.
I think Ethomaz was being sarcastic lol

And I agree with being charged extra for "Native" upgrades that's just pure greed. I just think this might be more than a Native upgrade if it comes to fruition.

17 Jun 2023
The interview is in Spanish and he comments that in the new version you can ask his character to play some musical songs. After saying that, he shuts up saying that he can't say anything and makes a gesture of having something signed (NDA)

If this is true, I would buy it regardless… the PS5 update ran smooth at 60fps. Though the loading was still a bit long, which is understandable that it was not a native PS5 game.

If a native PS5 version of TLOU2 is in the works, I would hope that they add a few new additions gameplay wise, and not only graphic/tech wise.

Knowing it’s ND, it’ll just be a prettier, faster version of TLOU2. Just my opinion.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yes we do. I've being holding off for a remaster to replay. They aren't forcing you
Are you serious? Why? It still looks better than pretty much any game ever made, and its 60fps on PS5. You want dualsense features that badly? Because thats pretty much the only thing they can add.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This doesn't even make any f***ing sense. The game already looks as good as the PS5 can realistically push while still running at 60FPS, so the Remaster is either going to have to run at 30FPS to look better, or it's going to barely be a graphical upgrade. Either option is stupid for what's supposed to be a "Remaster"

The "Remaster" was the performance patch we already got. This is just pathetic. Now watch the next game be Part 3, then Part 4, then Uncharted 5, then Part 3 Remastered, then Uncharted 5 Part 2, then Uncharted 4 Remastered, then Uncharted 4 Remake, then The Last of Us Part 4 Remastered...

They are creatively bankrupt now

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Are you serious? Why? It still looks better than pretty much any game ever made, and its 60fps on PS5. You want dualsense features that badly? Because thats pretty much the only thing they can add.
Well see if its just dualsense support. If is just dualsense support it will be free

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Every third party publisher that released a native PS5 version of their game did it for free. That includes DualSense features and resolution and framerate improvements.

Here's a full list.

They did say at the start of the generation they wanna become the Apple of gaming, part of that means taking advantage of their core base and milking them dry.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This doesn't even make any f***ing sense. The game already looks as good as the PS5 can realistically push while still running at 60FPS, so the Remaster is either going to have to run at 30FPS to look better, or it's going to barely be a graphical upgrade. Either option is stupid for what's supposed to be a "Remaster"

The "Remaster" was the performance patch we already got. This is just pathetic. Now watch the next game be Part 3, then Part 4, then Uncharted 5, then Part 3 Remastered, then Uncharted 5 Part 2, then Uncharted 4 Remastered, then Uncharted 4 Remake, then The Last of Us Part 4 Remastered...

They are creatively bankrupt now
It makes perfect sense if they want to sell a bundle of part I and II. Which is what they want. They’re not selling a bundle with part I ps5 and part II PS4.
Imagine getting a ps5 console with a ps4 game? Lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm pretty sure it comes with story dlc as well
No the DLC could be bought seperately for $20, which is what I did. But if you wanted the PS5 "upgrade" (just dualsense features), that was an extra $10! Around the same time that Iki Island released, FF7 Remake Integrade DLC came out, and the upgrade was FREE. And Doom Eternal , and Metro Exodus also gave free next gen upgrades with RAYTRACING and even better Dualsense than GoT. Sony was the odd man out, nickel and diming their userbase, 3rd party was treating console owners better. Even the Microsoft owned Bethesda which is sad.

Reactions: Box