Possible PS5/New Version of TLOU2

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This doesn't even make any f***ing sense. The game already looks as good as the PS5 can realistically push while still running at 60FPS, so the Remaster is either going to have to run at 30FPS to look better, or it's going to barely be a graphical upgrade. Either option is stupid for what's supposed to be a "Remaster"

Lol no, part 1 looks better than part 2 all across the shop.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I think a lot of the frustration with this news is because we haven't even seen what Factions 2 looks like, nor have we seen ND's new original IP.

So it simply feels like they are a remake/remaster studio ATM struggling to get a GaaS/live-service off the ground, rather than the prestige marquee studio we grew to know during PS3 & PS4 gen when they were putting out (then) new IPs that became industry-leading franchises and standard-setters.

I hope it's not a sign of general complacency; Sony's other studios (especially Insomniac) have been putting in a lot of new stuff for PS5 this gen so far, but Naughty Dog have been oddly absent in terms of a proper sequel or new IP.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think a lot of the frustration with this news is because we haven't even seen what Factions 2 looks like, nor have we seen ND's new original IP.

So it simply feels like they are a remake/remaster studio ATM struggling to get a GaaS/live-service off the ground, rather than the prestige marquee studio we grew to know during PS3 & PS4 gen when they were putting out (then) new IPs that became industry-leading franchises and standard-setters.

I hope it's not a sign of general complacency; Sony's other studios (especially Insomniac) have been putting in a lot of new stuff for PS5 this gen so far, but Naughty Dog have been oddly absent in terms of a proper sequel or new IP.
I agree, ND are/were that premier dev that every gen we looked for to show us the systems graphical prowess and give us something new. Relegating them to remasters and regurgitation would be odd and fucked up. Factions 2 needs to be shown soon!!

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I agree, ND are/were that premier dev that every gen we looked for to show us the systems graphical prowess and give us something new. Relegating them to remasters and regurgitation would be odd and fucked up. Factions 2 needs to be shown soon!!

There's been that rumor for a while now about a second Showcase. Hopefully, Factions 2 and their new IP should be revealed there.

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78