Postal 4 Devs take a clean shot at Bethesda's jaw with a Starfield diss!

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The clowning doesn't stop, won't stop. Bethesda has had heat on them for this over a decade and they suddenly think folks are gonna continue to give them a pass? Now that they're first-party and their games exclusive even less so. WTF?

2.jpg

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The clowning doesn't stop, won't stop. Bethesda has had heat on them for this over a decade and they suddenly think folks are gonna continue to give them a pass? Now that they're first-party and their games exclusive even less so. WTF?

2.jpg

Well, one is a hand made main character, the other one a random NPC made, pretty likely procedurally- with a character editor.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well, one is a hand made main character, the other one a random NPC made, pretty likely procedurally- with a character editor.
Lmao, so many excuses.

30fps = "artistic decision to keep frames low"
ugly looking carachters = "artistic decision to have procedurally generated characters with a character editor"
bad gameplay = "artistic decision to not make a good FPS"
barren world = "artistic decision to create procedurally generate worlds"
loading everywhere = "artistic decision to control the pacing of the game"
uninteresting story = "artistic decision to make a realistic boring story"

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lmao, so many excuses.
Not an excuse, it's a fact.

NPCs, specially procedurally generated ones, or characters made using character editors in general, are obviously uglier and receive way less work than the (not made with a character editor) main character of a AAA game. Specially if you screencapture it from a supercompressed gameplay livestream.

Well this is a NPC.
MV5BZjNjNGU5YzktY2E1Ni00ODc1LWFmYmQtNWQ2NzM3OTc5ZjdiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NTIwNTU@._V1_.jpg
Models, textures, hair, lighting, shadows and basically all kind of postprocessing and visual tech related stuff is way better in Starfield. It's basically 2 generations above:

image_starfield-44912-4100_0004.jpg

image_starfield-44912-4100_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Systemshock2023
D

Deleted member 417

NPCs, specially procedurally generated ones, or characters made using character editors in general, are obviously uglier and receive way less work than the (not made with a character editor) main character of a AAA game. Specially if you screencapture it from a supercompressed livestream.
Horizon, GoW, The Order 1886 disagree.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

NPCs, specially procedurally generated ones, or characters made using character editors in general, are obviously uglier and receive way less work than the (not made with a character editor) main character of a AAA game. Specially if you screencapture it from a supercompressed livestream.
It's an excuse, it's their choice to create them like that. Have you seen Unreal MetaHuman? Please stop covering for Bethesda technical incompetence.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023

When you are playing the game and are on the 200th planet sure the npc quality wouldn't matter much, but if you are showing them in the big showcase for your game maybe choose better ones or maybe made by a person

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
come on man, but the SCALE :D whatever it means...
I'm very suspicious about those claims of scale. I predict mostly uninteresting world with barren and procedurally generated. Skyrim and Fallout 3 were already full of absurd low quality content.

I already don't like TES or Bethesda's Fallout so I know gameplay and story ain't going to save it for me.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
I'm very suspicious about those claims of scale. I predict mostly uninteresting world with barren and procedurally generated. Skyrim and Fallout 3 were already full of absurd low quality content.

I already don't like TES or Bethesda's Fallout so I know gameplay and story ain't going to save it for me.
Thats exactly how it is going to be and unlike nms i don't think they are going to give free updates for so long, they might add a city or two and some questlines but in the end they are just depending on the modders to do their work for them

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Wasn’t their game rated really bad due to how terrible the game was and how bad it performed on PC lol 😂 I knew it would end up here and people are taking it and running with it. Never fails

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Wasn’t their game rated really bad due to how terrible the game was and how bad it performed on PC lol 😂 I knew it would end up here and people are taking it and running with it. Never fails
Well it takes one shit developer to truly recognize another shit developer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's an excuse, it's their choice to create them like that. Have you seen Unreal MetaHuman? Please stop covering for Bethesda technical incompetence.
Yes, I saw and used Unreal Metahuman. But in addition to see them in a cinematic with only a single character, I also saw them used as NPC characters in a work-in-progress game, where they don't look that good with gameplay textures, lighting, level of detail, shadows, etc.

Also, doesn't make sense to ask a developer to implement in their game a technology that didn't exist during 90% of the time that the game has been under development. We'll have to wait some years to see metahumans being used as NPCs in AAA games.