President of Square Enix Switch-up Pending approval - from Yosuke Matsuda to Takashi Kiryu.

D

Deleted member 417

That new fella who is taking over is 48 years old.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
That’s kinda racist.

Because he resembles someone?

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon-Screenshot-069-1-1280x720.jpg

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
First off, i think the main reason the old ceo stepped down was first and foremost because avengers underperformed and then forspoken super flopped. I dont necessarily think its sony getting their ducks in row to acquire square because i never believed they were going to acquire the whole thing anyways, probably investments. What IS concerning to me is he doesnt really have a background in gaming and that he was the ceo of squares China branch, which makes me think they may be leaning in the tencent/netease direction.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Xbots at this moment are:
- saying SQEX are doomed
- saying it’s Sony’s fault for exclusivities
- saying that exclusives don’t sell
I think they’re forgetting FFVIIR is one of the most successful SQEX games of all time. They’re also pretending DQXI, KH3 are all successes. 😂
They’re ignoring FFXIV altogether.
Truly they’re pathetic.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Xbots at this moment are:
- saying SQEX are doomed
- saying it’s Sony’s fault for exclusivities
- saying that exclusives don’t sell
I think they’re forgetting FFVIIR is one of the most successful SQEX games of all time. They’re also pretending DQXI, KH3 are all successes. 😂
Truly they’re pathetic.
Who cares what they have to say about it? They've never known what they're talking about.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Congrats @KiryuRealty

When can we expect Square under the Sony umbrella?

You know, things are becoming very easy for Square to be purchased, there is a lot of problems there. Not saying it will be Sony but anyone who has the most money and wants to enter into the gaming market will be looking at Square.

Basically it is almost guaranteed Square will be acquired, but by whom?

Reactions: Bryank75

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You know, things are becoming very easy for Square to be purchased, there is a lot of problems there. Not saying it will be Sony but anyone who has the most money and wants to enter into the gaming market will be looking at Square.

Sony would be the perfect fit tbh but I’d rather they stay independent and sort things out.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Sony would be the perfect fit tbh but I’d rather they stay independent and sort things out.
Hard to sort things out when buying big publishers is the new trend. The slight view of trouble, companies are already planning an acquisition. Look at Bethesda and Activision? Ubisoft is also being surrounded by vultures.

• sad
Reactions: Swift_Star

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Why? They are doing well and have no debt. Sounds like they are well positioned to remain independent as long as they want.

Reactions: AshHunter216