PS "exclusive" Helldivers II will require PS Plus Membership (online paywall) while releasing on PC Day & Date, with online play being free!

Fair or Unfair? Should the online PayWall die?

• Total voters

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Xbox made that change after the backlash because Sony had it free for a decade. Idiot.
no. You still have to pay for online for xbox. Just not the free to play games. Why is helldrivers 2 not free to play on the ps5? Why do you need the membership? Thats what im saying. Baka.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Xbox made that change after the backlash because Sony had it free for a decade. Idiot.
That guy is king of the shitlords.

I do hate that Xbox normalised paying for online, btw. It's just another terrible innovation their sycophants trumpeted at every turn alongside XBL's alleged superiority.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Sony had free online for f2p long before Xbox….
I never said it didnt... i know sony had online free for the ps3. Also this game aint free to play like i thought. You have to pay for it. So i don't why the op is complaining. He made it seem like its a free to play game on pc, while on the ps5 you have to pay for membership to play. But thats not the case. IDK why this guy is complaining

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Imagine if the game is $70 on ps5 and $60 on pc like Sonys other games. That would be rubbing salt in the wound
This game needs to be $40 tops. Sony needs to learn that they can't charge $70 for everything, if they try $70 for this game it'll get Destruction All-star'ed

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I never said it didnt... i know sony had online free for the ps3. Also this game aint free to play like i thought. You have to pay for it. So i don't why the op is complaining. He made it seem like its a free to play game on pc, while on the ps5 you have to pay for membership to play. But thats not the case. IDK why this guy is complaining

who cares its GAAS garbage anyway. Also i agree that free to play online games should be free on consoles without membership. Xbox made that change like a year ago. Sony should do the same.

Are you sure you're not confused about the whole meaning of existence and reality? Is this world even real? Are we in the Matrix?

24 Jun 2022
I know but that's true for COD MW3, NBA, FIFA, Madden, SF6 and literally every game.

So you guys don't buy anything on console or just Helldivers 2 specifically?

Those are all 3P games though. They aren't from companies that own platforms the way Sony does with PlayStation. So paid online for their games on PS systems is due to Sony's policies, not their own.

Also, this is coinciding with the PS+ price increase. So not only are Sony charging their own console owners to pay for online to be able to play this game at all, they are also charging them an additional 33% (or about that, depending on their tier). While potentially ALSO charging them $10 more than what PC customers will be paying through Steam, for the game itself.

So basically, and like @KnittedKnight put it, a PS5 owner might be looking at $150 to play it Day 1, vs possibly $60 for someone on PC (and with spots like CDKeys, a lot on PC will definitely be paying less than $70 at launch anyway). If that's not a figurative fisting I don't know what is.

• brain
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i pay that monthly fee to be able to play Diablo 4 with friends, just think about that.

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

• sad
Reactions: anonpuffs

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Are you sure you're not confused about the whole meaning of existence and reality? Is this world even real? Are we in the Matrix?
OP why is this even a thread? You're complaining about nothing. This has been the standard for like a decade. Read what i said. I said free to play online games without membership. I know Sony had free online for EVERY game back in the ps3 days. But they switched to paid like Xbox. Your idiotic post, had me thinking helldivers 2 is free to play on pc but requires online membership to play on the ps5. Delete this thread. It's useless.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It should be $50 both on PS5 and PC. Arrow Head is a good studio and I want this to be a success for them so Sony will acquire them as they have potential to be great.

It really should be a PS+ day one before going on Sale. It's like they forgot what made games like Rocket League and Fall Guys blow up.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
OP why is this even a thread? You're complaining about nothing. This has been the standard for like a decade. Read what i said. I said free to play online games without membership. I know Sony had free online for EVERY game back in the ps3 days. But they switched to paid like Xbox. Your idiotic post, had me thinking helldivers 2 is free to play on pc but requires online membership to play on the ps5. Delete this thread. It's useless.
From your first post in this thread forward...

baby-learn-walk.gif

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
This game needs to be $40 tops. Sony needs to learn that they can't charge $70 for everything, if they try $70 for this game it'll get Destruction All-star'ed
The original Helldivers was something like 25 euro when it launched. I don't think this game, even if its production values are clearly superior to its predecessor, will be a full $70