PS opened Pandora’s box (PC port beggers)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/s/2U8FsZppmm

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/s/001SkMVQhO

Selling a couple hundred thousands of copies on PC to completely diminish the need of your hardware & then diminishing the PS storefront, mtx sells, games sells, subscriptions & overall maximization of the PS business to bolster your competitors platform/storfront/hardware is one hell of a pivot in a mindset of short term profit & short term growth at the cost of the platform, storefront & hardware you yourself own.

Nintendo & Steam will remain at the top while PS remains 3rd place indefinitely till they reverse diminishment in there business long term.

Reactions: Etifilio and SSfox
24 Jun 2022
I won't be surprised when GT7's PC port is announced later in the year. After all it was in the Nvidia leak (which has been pretty much 100% accurate for SIE games).

24 Jun 2022
Hasn't the Nvidia leak been 100% accurate in general?

For certain companies (very few) it maybe hasn't been (I think a couple Nintendo games were on there, which would obviously be false), but for SIE? 100% accurate up to this point.

They made sure PSVR2 is out for PC beforehand. I can see GT coming early next year

That's my thought as well. They'll probably reveal the PC version at a SOP or Showcase (should be in a blog post IMO) and then release it Q1 2025.

Reactions: peter42O

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Gran Turismo is never coming to PC, it's too much of a system seller and I feel like dude who did OP only exists to post doom and gloom PlayStation news.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Gran Turismo is never coming to PC, it's too much of a system seller and I feel like dude who did OP only exists to post doom and gloom PlayStation news.
The only reason GT7 might skip PC is because it's an ongoing game always being updated and it would be more work for Poliphony. But eventually they will have to figure it out because Sony wants Gran Turismo on PC like all their other games.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This recent quarter Sony more than doubled their game revenue outside PS (mostly PC) vs last year, continues with a huge YoY growth after several years:

image.png

This quarter they made there 33,103 Million yen ($225.8M). This is more money than PS made with physical games (20,629M yen this quarter, $140.4M).

PC is a very successful and profitable business for Sony, so they will continue investing on it doubling down their efforts there.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This recent quarter Sony more than doubled their game revenue outside PS (mostly PC) vs last year, continues with a huge YoY growth after several years:

image.png

This quarter they made there 33,103 Million yen ($225.8M). This is more money than PS made with physical games (20,629M yen this quarter, $140.4M).

PC is a very successful and profitable business for Sony, so they will continue investing on it doubling down their efforts there.
LMAO for peanuts (225 million) they will lose out on physical, digital and add on content, classic penny wise pound foolish in action here.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Hasn't the Nvidia leak been 100% accurate in general?

Nope. Demon Souls isn't there yet, nor GT7.
The only reason GT7 might skip PC is because it's an ongoing game always being updated and it would be more work for Poliphony. But eventually they will have to figure it out because Sony wants Gran Turismo on PC like all their other games.

Actually no. Main reason and only is that online, which is sublime right now, PC version would ruin online community and it will be full of cheaters. And Kaz don't want that shit. Neither do i.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
LMAO for peanuts (225 million) they will lose out on physical, digital and add on content, classic penny wise pound foolish in action here.
If think this is peanuts, then you think that PS physical game sales are worse than that.

Because they made more money with this than with PS physical game sales.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

image.png

yep, and soon once PC is not enough for them and their greedy asses anymore, they'll start porting games to the Switch 2...

Reactions: Puff

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If think this is peanuts, then you think that PS physical game sales are worse than that.

Because they made more money with this than with PS physical game sales.
Physical is dead. Compare PC with digital software.
I don't hate PC releases, I hate late PC releases. Sony should just go all for it so we can decide if we stay on PlayStation or invest in RTX6090 titan vgx extra.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You keep posting this out of context. What new PS exclusive came out in that period, compared to PC ports? You're disingenuous.
@Yurinka being a disingenuous corporate mouthpiece exhibit 264 :

No wonder playstation is falling off when it has disgusting “fans” like this
These PS numbers I posted include all PS games, not only the exclusive ones or first party ones.

You're the disingenous ones, rejecting the reality of tha factual numbers I'm putting in your face.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Physical is dead. Compare PC with digital software.
I don't hate PC releases, I hate late PC releases. Sony should just go all for it so we can decide if we stay on PlayStation or invest in RTX6090 titan vgx extra.
they're not brave enough to do that, Sony is even worse than Microsoft, cause at least Microsoft was upfront since the start that everything would go to PC and let users decide if they should stay or go

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
No they don't, you're talking nonsense.