PS Plus Extra & Premium August 2022 games revealed (Metro Exodus, Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, Trials of Mana, UNO and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Metro is pretty dope.

PS Now didn't have downloadable games until years after Gamepass was out.

What a weird thing to say.
You were able to Download PS4 games in PSnow since 2018, so not that long after GamePass actually

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: EDMIX

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
You were able to Download PS4 games in PSnow since 2018, so not that long after GamePass actually
Yeah I suppose 1 year+ is a better description.

Still.. PS Now was a streaming service, which of course Sony was the first in the console biz to get into. But a premium downloadable game service 1st was Gamepass.

Just silly dick measuring, they have both been "1sts" at a number of things.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The first game subscription for consoles with full games (both current gen and old classics from old gens) to download was PS Plus in 2010.
The first game subscription for consoles with time limited game trials to download was PS Plus in 2010.
The first game subscription for consoles with cloud gaming was PS Now in 2014.
The first game subscription for consoles with hundreds of games was PS Now in 2014.
PS Now also made (and discontinued) clients for smart TVs, Blu-ray players and Vita in 2014, and announced they plan to bring it to phones and tablets in 2013.

All of them before GP existed. What MS did first than Now/Plu was to allow game downloads on PC and to have all their 1st party games day on launch day (Sony included day one games on their subs before MS did it, but were smaller 3rd party games instead of all their 1st party games and don't do it very frequently).

Last edited:

EDMIX

Metro is pretty dope.

What a weird thing to say.

They could mean the whole streaming thing....

Regardless, the idea of giving free games in some sub or streaming them or anything like that was already going on with PS Plus and PS Now.

I don't see enough here for anyone to pretend Sony needed to copy Gamepass in a thing Sony was already doing. So...they are already in that ball park and anything extra that Gamepass did I just doubt wasn't already set to happen with PS Plus, Now or what ever Sony was going to call those things lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Just weird defensive shit to me. Sony did not have a premium game download service... that's just a fact.

Why does it matter? Like who cares?

When companies create good things we WANT other companies to copy them. Unless you are some weird tribalistic fanboy.. more options = better for consumers.

MS has done things "first" and Sony has done things "first." They've both followed each other's lead in various areas.

EDMIX

Sony did not have a premium game download service... that's just a fact.

I mean...you can call it what ever you want, but Sony had PS Plus giving out free games...TO DOWNLOAD for years before Gamepass, they were already deep in that ballpark to pretend such a concept wasn't already on their radar in some form.

So the idea of paying for some sub and getting games is what PS Plus is. To say to have more games is simply an extension to an already existing thing or that you buy into some vault simply isn't some far out concept beyond what PS Plus is.

They just already had a whole sub for games, download for this, stream this thing going on for years before gamepass. So I don't think either are copying each other as the model already exist else where and downloading a game and paying for a sub isn't some revolutionary idea lol

4 Aug 2022
I mean...you can call it what ever you want, but Sony had PS Plus giving out free games...TO DOWNLOAD for years before Gamepass, they were already deep in that ballpark to pretend such a concept wasn't already on their radar in some form.

So the idea of paying for some sub and getting games is what PS Plus is. To say to have more games is simply an extension to an already existing thing or that you buy into some vault simply isn't some far out concept beyond what PS Plus is.

They just already had a whole sub for games, download for this, stream this thing going on for years before gamepass. So I don't think either are copying each other as the model already exist else where and downloading a game and paying for a sub isn't some revolutionary idea lol
Yeah this dick measuring contest of who copied who is pointless. THe only reason people are mad about it now is because they are becoming normal.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Well we don't know what was "copied" or what was just something either company got to first. But they both did specific things first... and it's not a big deal or even worth arguing about.. but they did certainly copy from each other at times.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not only are they copying the game pass formula, they're also copying all the games that came out on it :ROFLMAO:
calm down chill out GIF

I can never get a straight answer from either of you, so I am going to ask again ....

Does Microsoft pay bi-weekly or semi-monthly?

Or are you guys doing this for ... ugh ... free Game Pass vouchers? I really hope it's at least for cash of some sort. There is no way in hell your actual personalities are this tightly wound up with Game Pass.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I can never get a straight answer from either of you, so I am going to ask again ....

Does Microsoft pay bi-weekly or semi-monthly?

Or are you guys doing this for ... ugh ... free Game Pass vouchers? I really hope it's at least for cash of some sort. There is no way in hell your actual personalities are this tightly wound up with Game Pass.
Don't worry bro, Gamepass can't hurt you.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
What would you have them do instead? Its for the people who like that kinda service. Im sure they will branch out after getting back some Playstation centric titles on the service.

Live up to the promise of offering Classics.

Put up some more old first party games.

They can't have run out of both of the above categories just 2 months into their new service.

You got me, I get paid by Microsoft.

In quarterly dividends, because I'm a shareholder
😘

paid fat  joe GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

• haha
Reactions: EDMIX and Kokoloko

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
@Bernd Lauert @adamsapple first and last warning about derailing threads with Gamepass promotions. If you have nothing to add other than your usual marketing blurbs, please refrain from doing so. This is a place for discussion, not adverts.

Sure thing boss, most of my commentary in this thread is about the lack of Classics and first party games on the lineup anyway.

It's only 2 months into their new service, it's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.