PS Portal seems to be quite a success huh

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's almost as if Sony does a good job of market research and doesn't sit on twitter listening to ColtEastwood and AndreaPichinini on what people want.

That said I think this tech needs to be improved before I jump on it. There's a lot of potential but I think this is the equivalent to PSVR1 and the next iteration will be signicantly better.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It's strange how some people feel the need to express their dislike of a product that is doing well. They always comment that they can do the same thing with a cheaper alternative like the backbone. If they are not interested in the product, why do they go out of their way to discourage others from buying it? Why not just ignore any posts about the product and move on with their day? It's not that hard. Another thing that makes this product success funny is every article or tweet expressing satisfaction about the Portal is followed by a comment of someone with an Xbox profile pic talking about they have unplayable lag and will stick to their steam deck.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Cravat that it's the first portable device with all the needed buttons for console game (remote) playing.

Did I read something the other day that Sony are actually likely to add PS+ streaming to this thing in a firmware update? That defangs a lot of the venom if that is the eventual status of this device. Then just open the floodgates for BC title purchases/downloading/streaming, and free the ps3 digital ps1 purchases that are limbo'd. Simples.

Controller-screen Shape vs PS Vita shape is mostly preference, but it mostly needs to perform better than current remote play solutions for stability (at least for my experience, I mean at least work around the house consistently from day to day etc).

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im getting one but Id mucb rather an offline device.
I only use portables on flights and travel so mostly pointless for me

Reactions: Diah

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Some people let misinformation skew their judgment instead of being informed consumers and researching the information themselves if they're interested.

For example:

Before, this guy believed that PlayStation Portal could only be played within the confines of the house that has the PS5. However, after learning that they can be played on wifi outside of the house, he is now interested. Unfortunately, prior to the launch of Portal, many individuals disseminated false information to dissuade others from taking an interest in the product. Now that people are interested, the product is sold out. lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Some people let misinformation skew their judgment instead of being informed consumers and researching the information themselves if they're interested.

For example:

Before, this guy believed that PlayStation Portal could only be played within the confines of the house that has the PS5. However, after learning that they can be played on wifi outside of the house, he is now interested. Unfortunately, prior to the launch of Portal, many individuals disseminated false information to dissuade others from taking an interest in the product. Now that people are interested, the product is sold out. lol

Marketing failure by Sony btw. Which allowed an information vacuum where the smear merchants and fake news peddlers could get in.