PS Portal seems to be quite a success huh

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Marketing failure by Sony btw. Which allowed an information vacuum where the smear merchants and fake news peddlers could get in.
According to some, marketing was unsuccessful. As an informed consumer, I knew what I was getting when I preordered. If selling out immediately is considered a marketing failure I would love to see this product launch during what you would label as a marketing success.

What???...it still would be sold out.

sir-patrick-stewart-patrick-stewart.gif

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
According to some, marketing was unsuccessful. As an informed consumer, I knew what I was getting when I preordered. If selling out immediately is considered a marketing failure I would love to see this product launch during what you would label as a marketing success.

What???...it still would be sold out.

sir-patrick-stewart-patrick-stewart.gif
You're also part of the 0.001% of gamers who care enough to be on a gaming forum

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What’s crazy is some individuals now looking for one because they let people on the internet convince them that this accessory was dead on arrival and thought they can just casually walk in the store day one and buy one without a preorder.
I didn't pay attention to those clowns, many of us were just waiting for reviews. There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews, though when it comes to games I don't need reviews since I've been gaming forever. Brand new hardware though? It makes perfect sense to wait for reviews.

And even people that were super bullish on the Portal didn't expect for it to be sold out everywhere and hard to get. I don't even think Sony expected that

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I didn't pay attention to those clowns, many of us were just waiting for reviews. There's nothing wrong with waiting for reviews, though when it comes to games I don't need reviews since I've been gaming forever. Brand new hardware though? It makes perfect sense to wait for reviews.

And even people that were super bullish on the Portal didn't expect for it to be sold out everywhere and hard to get. I don't even think Sony expected that
That's a fair response and fully understand your perspective. It's perfectly fine to weigh the pros and cons before deciding whether the value proposition is worth it. However, I'm referring to those individuals who simply repeat negative talking points without any supporting facts.

Reactions: JAHGamer

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm probably late with this.

But says on the UK ps direct to check back tomorrow.

Not in stock? We're working hard to make more stock available. Please check back on Wednesday 22nd November.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Marketing failure by Sony btw. Which allowed an information vacuum where the smear merchants and fake news peddlers could get in.
I don't think marketing it as an out of home device would be a good idea