PS3 BC coming to PS5 according to Shpeshal_Nick!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
How the hell would he know? This ain't xbox that leak things on purpose.
Where did we first learn abou that Lego Horizon game coming to Switch? Because it wasn't the Youtube direct. Face it, Sony's western studios have leakers, just like most western studios have leakers.

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Nishino is an engineer, i think he'll be good. It's hermen and the guys on the sony mother corporation that I'm worried about. Totoki and yoshida both.
Id promote cerny , let him do hardware & take care of the software , people say they want insomniacs boss to run it but he's contracting sweet baby inc to consult on his games he's sold out

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Id promote cerny , let him do hardware & take care of the software , people say they want insomniacs boss to run it but he's contracting sweet baby inc to consult on his games he's sold out
Nishino is the guy who hired Cerny which is why I trust him. Cerny also runs his own company and doesn't seem like he wants to be an employee so I doubt he would take the job

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's just another shit he trew to the wall to see if it sticks.

Spoiler: it won't. In a future more powerful console, yes. In PS5, no.

Cerny isn't a Sony employee, he has his own consulting company from where he does stuff for Sony, as could be to design hardware arquitecture, executive produce a game, get feedback and ideas from their different 1st, 2nd (and select 3rd party) dev teams regarding future hardware / firmware / OS / engine / etc. stuff (which in some cases he even personally design or implements himself).

Nishino is the guy who hired Cerny
Cerny has been there since the PS1, wasn't hired by Nishino.

Last edited:

lynux3

21 Apr 2023
It’s amazing to me Sony hasn’t grabbed RPCS3 and threw it on a PS5 to see how it does and optimize from there. They’ve used open source before, but so far have failed so not much confidence in a PS3 emulator. PS5 is more than capable of doing it, just Sony isn’t at the moment.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It’s amazing to me Sony hasn’t grabbed RPCS3 and threw it on a PS5 to see how it does and optimize from there. They’ve used open source before, but so far have failed so not much confidence in a PS3 emulator. PS5 is more than capable of doing it, just Sony isn’t at the moment.
Way too much effort for Sony. Look at how long it took for them to make a half-hearted effort to make some PS1 and PS2 games available despite charging a subscription for them.

They have always been pretty bad at this stuff, games and hardware have carried them this far not their ability to properly support a gaming platform/storefront.

Reactions: lynux3 and Box

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
You can't just throw an untested, janky emulator on there and then update it. The PS3 emulator still runs like crap, especially for higher tiered games, like MGS4. It'd need a lot of work.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You can't just throw an untested, janky emulator on there and then update it. The PS3 emulator still runs like crap, especially for higher tiered games, like MGS4. It'd need a lot of work.
Sony has all the access, documentation and resources to solve this problem, the emulator is just a proof of concept that illustrates why people should stop making excuses for Sony.

Anyway, I feel like PC players deserve and emulator and PlayStation players don't since they all seem so satisfied and willing to make up excuses for why PlayStation games can't be played on the most recent PlayStation.

More PlayStation games are playable on PC than on any PlayStation, lovely. The real best place to play.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well not holding my breath but would love this as streaming PS3 games on PS+ is simply a tragic experience as them PS3 blades just aren't sufficient to truly emulate an enjoyable experience.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
IF they can do it, I'd be a happy camper.
But they should also offer a way to buy it digitally and/or stream individual games, because options

As I said in another thread, I hope Hermen & Noshino put more $$$ into the software team, and expand the manpower/expertise.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Way too much effort for Sony. Look at how long it took for them to make a half-hearted effort to make some PS1 and PS2 games available despite charging a subscription for them.

They have always been pretty bad at this stuff, games and hardware have carried them this far not their ability to properly support a gaming platform/storefront.

They raised the price and still only release 15 premium ps1/psp games a year

Its a joke

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
So this isn't the first time someone has claimed this:

- Grubb said that it was in the works in 2022 but that it would be some time before we hear more.
- There was also a preservation unit created.
- A "Classics Engineer" job listing was also spotted, working on emulators was in the description.

I think it's coming but I'm not sure if it will be on PS5, hopefully I'm wrong because I'd love to play inFamous, Killzone etc without having to whip out the PS3.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
If true it’s greedy Sony as usual. Putting these games on PS Plus.

We want 60 dollar HD versions like Nintendo does.
First Half GIF

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Lol,he's a clout chaser and hanger-on. Disregard his rumor and just wait for an official confirmation (if it ever happens).
PS3 emulation on PS5 is a easy bet. It will happen eventually.

He is a clout chaser idk why people still repost him as a source. Didn’t he get the sly cooper leak wrong aswell as hearing a new inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS remake being work at Suckerpunch w SP shutting it down on Twitter

24 Jun 2022
Yeah I guess just like HHG (Hip-Hop Gamer)... It would be a shame if it doesn't happen during this generation or the next one. But I still have some hope that it'll happen in the next 5-10 years though :/

The difference is HHG has actually been right more often, and isn't a blatant anti-PlayStation console warrior to boot.

PS3 emulation on PS5 is a easy bet. It will happen eventually.

He is a clout chaser idk why people still repost him as a source. Didn’t he get the sly cooper leak wrong aswell as hearing a new inFAMOUS/inFAMOUS remake being work at Suckerpunch w SP shutting it down on Twitter

Most of his and other Xbox-centric insider "rumors" about PlayStation is just to gas up the community so they get high on hopium before all of that comes crashing down with disappointment.

SIE's complete lack of communication with the enthusiasts spaces where these rumors circulate is part them not caring about the rumors in general (understandable), but also part them not caring about the fans who have to put up with these rumors in regular discussions (not understandable).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
We need the ratchet future games ASAP, peak of that franchise. that and MGS4. cant really say I care about revisiting anything else, I played all of Sony games that gen