PS3 BC coming to PS5 according to Shpeshal_Nick!

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We need the ratchet future games ASAP, peak of that franchise. that and MGS4. cant really say I care about revisiting anything else, I played all of Sony games that gen
Yeah! I tried playing A Crack In Time through streaming last week and everything was so compresyand washed out and choppy frame rate at times.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1719318147296.png

Two insiders have claimed that PlayStation is reportedly working on PS3 emulation for the PlayStation 5.

That’s according to XboxEra’s Nick Baker and Giant Bomb’s Jeff Grubb, who have both claimed that PlayStation is working on PS3 emulation for the PlayStation 5.

The first report of the rumor came from Nick Baker, who claimed that “Sony is working on select PlayStation 3 backward compatibility.” Unfortunately, Baker doesn’t provide any other details and has seemingly covered all his bases using the term ‘select,’ which could mean one game or all of them.

However, Giant Bomb’s Jeff Grubb took to his podcast to also cover the news and add a little more input on what he’s heard. “It’s something I’ve heard has been in the works for quite some time; I thought it was going to get revealed earlier this year when I first heard about it, but that clearly didn’t happen. That doesn’t mean it will never happen; maybe it does,” he said. Unfortunately, Grubb’s input is also pretty vague and doesn’t necessarily confirm that this could ever be released, but as always, with smoke, there’s fire.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We just got PS2 games again after being told about it 9? Years ago….. When it was available on the PS3 and Vita.
I doubt Sony gets the PS3 on PS5, look how long it takes them to do stuff

OP
OP
YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
The difference is HHG has actually been right more often, and isn't a blatant anti-PlayStation console warrior to boot.

Most of his and other Xbox-centric insider "rumors" about PlayStation is just to gas up the community so they get high on hopium before all of that comes crashing down with disappointment.

SIE's complete lack of communication with the enthusiasts spaces where these rumors circulate is part them not caring about the rumors in general (understandable), but also part them not caring about the fans who have to put up with these rumors in regular discussions (not understandable).
Yeah I do so far trust HHG more... But I really hope this happens at some point though!

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Tom and hiphop gamer going at it.

Agree with tom. Hiphop has been throwing shit at the wall for over a decade. Dude has very little credibility.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Tom and hiphop gamer going at it.

Agree with tom. Hiphop has been throwing shit at the wall for over a decade. Dude has very little credibility.

Implict Conversions wasnt even working woth Sony back then lol
The CEO of that company is the one, who convinced Sony to work on PS1 & PSP emulation, but that was like back in 2021.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Implict Conversions wasnt even working woth Sony back then lol
The CEO of that company is the one, who convinced Sony to work on PS1 & PSP emulation, but that was like back in 2021.
According to their blog, one of the Implicit Conversions founders (the one who is one of the PCSX2 devs) worked full time at Sony from 2011 to 2017 making emulators and later as contractor. In 2019 they founded Implicit Conversions and in 2021 Sony contacted them again.

He or Implicit Conversions weren't the only ones working at Sony on emulators or adding emulated games.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
According to their blog, one of the Implicit Conversions founders (the one who is one of the PCSX2 devs) worked full time at Sony from 2011 to 2017 making emulators and later as contractor. In 2019 they founded Implicit Conversions and in 2021 Sony contacted them again.

He or Implicit Conversions weren't the only ones working at Sony on emulators or adding emulated games.
But nothing was worked upon in 2020. 2015-17 was the timeframe when they brought over a few of the ps2 classics.
They only started working upon the new emulators in 2021

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But nothing was worked upon in 2020. 2015-17 was the timeframe when they brought over a few of the ps2 classics.
They only started working upon the new emulators in 2021
Pretty likely they did a pause on 2019-2020 because they needed their OS team to work on the PS5 OS instead, and were also defining their roadmap for emulated games in the PS5 gen and the upcoming PS+ overhaul.

Or well, maybe they stopped adding games because nobody bought the emulated games they already had available. But later they thought that could be useful to sell some PS+ Premium subs.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

idk why they didnt just buy out the entire PCSX2,Duckstation and RPCSX3 Teams.

These guys are already Sony Fanboys