Ps5 digital price going up to $450 from $400. How do u feel about that?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I bought a whole rooster for like approximately 7 USD. I mean it depends on regions but I can conclude that

Countryside rules I guess, no matter which nation you live in.
A rooster here would be like 15 lol 😂 Meanwhile in puertorico I can literally pick one up crossing the road.

• Shake
Reactions: PropellerEar

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
A rooster here would be like 15 lol 😂
I often heard citycucks complain about rent hike and transits fee increase.

imagine paying that much to live in a 8m^2 and snucking on train everyday, couldn't be me.

Oh but we are the center of the nation, bla bla, stfu😂

Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Let's hope Intel knocks it out of the park with battlemage. Although after so many years with NVIDIA and ATI/AMD it would be quite a jump in the fire to get an Intel GPU. At least that how I see it. But from what I have read, their driver support has improved a lot since release. O would like to know if they finally got their act together with legacy API performance.

I still think we haven't got that 8800GT/ GTX 970 moment: A mainstream GPU that is well above what consoles can do. 2070 super performance should be at 150 USD at most by now.
if I didnt buy a 6700XT a year ago it would be very tempting to get an A770. It looks like Battlemage could catch AMD on Ray tracing and upscaling. I think Intel is better than Nvidia on Linux support too, so maybe it would make for a solid SteamOS machine.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Microsoft is doing so poorly that Sony is able to increase the gap between their respective cheapest models and will still sell more.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Let's hope Intel knocks it out of the park with battlemage. Although after so many years with NVIDIA and ATI/AMD it would be quite a jump in the fire to get an Intel GPU. At least that how I see it. But from what I have read, their driver support has improved a lot since release. O would like to know if they finally got their act together with legacy API performance.

I still think we haven't got that 8800GT/ GTX 970 moment: A mainstream GPU that is well above what consoles can do. 2070 super performance should be at 150 USD at most by now.
I dont think a 970/1080 moment will ever happen again. Moore's law and Dennard scaling are well and truly dead, performance will now scale with price more and more. The 4090 would need to be a $500 card for this to happen, I don't think we'll get that kind of price/perf until 2026/2027 earliest. That's close to the end of gen. Also the CPUs on consoles will start becoming impossible to outscale. In order to get to 120fps on cpu-heavy games that run 30/60 on console you'll need minimum 2x the performance, which is virtually impossible if games remain primarily bound by single threaded performance. PCs need to evolve beyond their current paradigm if they want to remain ahead of consoles significantly besides extra visual quality options like pathtracing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
if I didnt buy a 6700XT a year ago it would be very tempting to get an A770. It looks like Battlemage could catch AMD on Ray tracing and upscaling. I think Intel is better than Nvidia on Linux support too, so maybe it would make for a solid SteamOS machine.
Stop relying on bar charts. Intel cards are a nightmare because you never know if your intended application is going to work right, or work at all. The card's performance in dx9 and below games remains unacceptably bad and inconsistent. At this point arc cards are only good for a funsies side-build, not as a daily driver.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Stop relying on bar charts. Intel cards are a nightmare because you never know if your intended application is going to work right, or work at all. The card's performance in dx9 and below games remains unacceptably bad and inconsistent. At this point arc cards are only good for a funsies side-build, not as a daily driver.
it relies on DXVK and Vulkan perf of that thing is also meh.

I don't understand how it could be so bad when they got HD Graphics working for years...

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
people keeps saying shit like PC gaming market is growing while it has been stagnated for the last 10 years.

I went to the only my PC components vendor in my area and he doesn't even supply mid-end ones, only hardwares capable for offices, except for maybe special orders

Nintendo and Sony doesn't need to worry about it at all.

• haha
Reactions: Banana

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think its a stealth inflation measure. They were ripping people off by charging 100 dollars more for the disk drive. Thats now a more fair price due to inflation, with the disk-less version being "unusually low" in price. The partial price hike fixes that and, in its own perverse way, can be considered a win for consumers.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I don't know because I've only seen them on the Internet. I think Intel might have no choice but to stay serious about GPUs. It sucks when you hear Starfield didn't work at all day one on Intel, but they are actively fixing their shit too, in a way that reminds me of Valve with Proton. I didn't buy in to gen 1, but if they're gonna be this aggressive on price I'm willing to roll the dice next time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I often heard citycucks complain about rent hike and transits fee increase.

imagine paying that much to live in a 8m^2 and snucking on train everyday, couldn't be me.

Oh but we are the center of the nation, bla bla, stfu😂
"snucking"? what's that

• haha

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think they were losing money on the digital. I don't believe the disc drive was ever costly to make that $100 difference.
Anyway, the digital is now way less attractive. Specially if you have many PS4 physical games.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I think it's funny how people are noticing the stealth price increase for this but have been silent about the series S going up (& the series X when it gets its new adorably digital model 🤣)

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You know what I seem to notice it's only ever when prices rise in the US that you see any real backlash it's still cheaper than the current digital model here in the UK & they're crying 🙈 Screenshot_2023-10-11-13-29-12-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg Screenshot_2023-10-11-13-29-04-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think they were losing money on the digital. I don't believe the disc drive was ever costly to make that $100 difference.
Anyway, the digital is now way less attractive. Specially if you have many PS4 physical games.
Yes, definitely less attractive.