PS5 has hit 4M sales in the UK. 31 more weeks than PS4, although had a much higher price point

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I always wonder why some of you enter a sales thread and get mad at people for discussing the actual data provided. Yes, The PS5 is struggling across UK and Europe. Ya'll stay talking about the shortages as if PS5 hasn't been available everywhere in overflowing stock since last February, Even Sony expected PS5 to further ahead than where it is currently.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
The higher price is a problem and not much you can do there. But to me an even bigger problem is a painfully long crossgen period and telling everyone you're not must buy anymore.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and arvfab

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Bit overlooked on this list due to PS4 comparison but PS5 pacing 11 weeks faster than Switch despite higher price point vs 300 (& Switch Lite 200) and 2 years of shortages.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
When was that video?

Damn, I forgot how deluded these people are.

The wildest was April 2021. There was huge talk by fanboys of Xbox destroying Playstation. It was sustained and the same worded message on console sales. The Xbox supply contraint had eased and it was selling gangbusters. Even Colin Moriarty said the PS5's future was grim based on what he heard. Then the monthly sales details came out in May and the talk flatlined.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Surprising the big distance in price and revenue between the consoles, particularly between PS5 and the two in the top, Wii and PS2.

But in order to make a more fair comparision the old prices and revenue should be inflation adjusted. So they would be way more expensive than we see there today.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The problem is people aren't being paid 60% more than they were in 2015.
they kinda are lmao...minimum wage in many states is a lot higher today than it was back then. The minimum wage in California is now $16 an hour, it was $10 in 2017.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
they kinda are lmao...minimum wage in many states is a lot higher today than it was back then. The minimum wage in California is now $16 an hour, it was $10 in 2017.
Minimum wage earners are like 5% of new console buyers lol, they are buying used or still on old gen. Also acting like everyone is getting paid 60% more is incredibly disingenuous when the middle class is getting hollowed out. Did you not see the tens of thousands of layoffs in tech just this year?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Minimum wage earners are like 5% of new console buyers lol, they are buying used or still on old gen. Also acting like everyone is getting paid 60% more is incredibly disingenuous when the middle class is getting hollowed out. Did you not see the tens of thousands of layoffs in tech just this year?
He has different eyes and they're better than your eyes and of course he didn't see that because it didn't happen in his eyes.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
5% 😂 now thats disingenuous. It's more like 50%, probably more. The average console gamer doesn't even have a college degree. People in tech are the minority and that's just the market correcting itself which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

You sound ridiculous lol, you're not smarter then the people who get paid to track inflation.
I'm not smarter, I'm just realer.

He has different eyes and they're better than your eyes and of course he didn't see that because it didn't happen in his eyes.
Get out of your feelings and stop being mad at the messenger.... PS5 is doing poorly this gen, that's just a fact, and "rising costs and inflation" aren't the reason for it.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
5% 😂 now thats disingenuous. It's more like 50%, probably more. The average console gamer doesn't even have a college degree. People in tech are the minority and that's just the market correcting itself which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

I'm not smarter, I'm just realer.

Get out of your feelings and stop being mad at the messenger.... PS5 is doing poorly this gen, that's just a fact, and "rising costs and inflation" aren't the reason for it.
PC fanboy not happy about PS5's success I see.

• brain

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
PC fanboy? 😂 Since when? I'm the guy that always gets attacked for being against PC ports and constantly talks about how tiny the PC gaming market actually is for 95% of AAA titles.
You supposedly dont like Xbox, you claim not to be a PC fanboy, and you're clearly not too fond of PS5. Do you even like video games? Are you just a professional troll or something?

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Wii was really cheaper than PS2 at launch? What did the PS2 cost in the US, 300?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You supposedly dont like Xbox, you claim not to be a PC fanboy, and you're clearly not too fond of PS5. Do you even like video games? Are you just a professional troll or something?
Yes, I love video games, no I'm not a troll. I just keep it 💯 always. Why are you triggered by the truth?

Reactions: J_Paganel