PS5 "No Return" can easily become a great co-op experience (PvE) or Factions 1.5 (pvp)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1705847107719.png

Having a blast playing this and it's obvious It's obvious its definitely Factions 1.2 just not with ppl online. They could easily convert this into a co-op game PvE or a more robust PvP using assets from these same maps and the maps themselves although they need to broaden them and make them larger.

What are your thoughts? I think I'm the end regardless if they canned Factions 2 we got shafted because they could have given us a robust co-op game or Factions 1.5.

One can only dream!

Attachments

• 1705847022679.png
    1705847022679.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 0

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yes, that seems like an obvious thing to do, that in collaboration with one or more friends 💪.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think that could be probably the ideias of MP shipping in the game but they changed mind… decided to created it own standalone MP and failed to delivery it 🤷‍♂️

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think that could be probably the ideias of MP shipping in the game but they changed mind… decided to created it own standalone MP and failed to delivery it 🤷‍♂️
Yes, this mode very much resembles faction part 1. It def was the initial idea.

Reactions: ethomaz

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
At this point I think NaughtyDog is pompous and just wants to retain their exclusive image as a single-player AAA tier studio. Even when Sony was fishing for online experiences they still canceled their best shot, so the blame has to be on ND.

I say blame because there’s a potential hit here and everyone knows it. I hope after No Return the idea is revisited. Way too good to not produce in some form, be it straight up competitive mp like Factions or not.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
At this point I think NaughtyDog is pompous and just wants to retain their exclusive image as a single-player AAA tier studio. Even when Sony was fishing for online experiences they still canceled their best shot, so the blame has to be on ND.

I say blame because there’s a potential hit here and everyone knows it. I hope after No Return the idea is revisited. Way too good to not produce in some form, be it straight up competitive mp like Factions or not.
Hopefully we get a co-op update although I doubt it. Their next TLOU or Uncharted better have mp.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

This is not true at all. Naughty Dog has been a champion of pushing Multiplayer games and changed the narrative around single players only having tacked on multiplayers that take away from the campaign.

They've been an ambitious Multiplayer studios since 2009, they just put forth all their best efforts during the wrong generation = PS3. They lost a lot of their multiplayer talents after the 2014 exodus and was left with a skeleton team for Uncharted 4... After Uncharted 4 they pretty much lost the rest of their multiplayer talent. They went on a hiring spree for Factions 2 but a Live Service game was always doomed coming out of Naughty Dog as anyone who knows their history, knows they are absolute trash with post launch support... Barring Uncharted 3 Multiplayer (since they wanted to compete with COD & Battlefield). I'm surprised it took them years to realize they were never gonna be able to support a live service game.

The blame is definitely on Naughty Dog because a simple old school lobby based Multiplayer, with Co-op / Infected Horde and a battle royal mode was all they needed.

Back on topic; yes, co-op would have been exactly what this mode needed for a longer shelf life. The mechanic is already there literally 😂. But the round length and structure would hamper the fun alot.

They could have given us like a 10 round wave co-op mode. I would have been fully satisfied.

Last edited:

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
It's confirmed they won't be updating current No Return and I'm ok with that tbh as I think it's great.

But my hope is they are aiming to have Part 3 out by 2028.

And in my opinion they should release Part 3 with a Factions Multiplayer mode similar to the first game, use the assets and work from the cancelled multiple project. That way it wasn't a waste of time .

And also include an expanded No Return mode potentially with Co Op

If Part 3 contained the final story of Ellie, No Return 2 and Factions 2 that could very easily be my best game of all time.

Plus it would go a long way towards making all the different sets of fans very happy as well as providing multiple reason to purchase the game.

And in the flip side if Part 3 only contains the story I'll be a bit disappointed. Like I'm sure I'd still end up considering it a perfect game but the likely final Part is the one to go all out on with additional modes!

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
This is not true at all. Naughty Dog has been a champion of pushing Multiplayer games and changed the narrative around single players only having tacked on multiplayers that take away from the campaign.
Tacked on doesn’t mean it can’t be good, it means unnecessary.

As an OG Uncharted mp enjoyer I do not feel like the game would’ve been received any less had the mode not been there.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Tacked on doesn’t mean it can’t be good, it means unnecessary.

As an OG Uncharted mp enjoyer I do not feel like the game would’ve been received any less had the mode not been there.
This is not even remotely close to what my post was saying... But okay.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I'm still shocked that Sony cancelled Factions. If anything, they should have just released it along side TLOUP3 and if it takes off, you build a decent sized team for it and if not, then you move on.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm still shocked that Sony cancelled Factions. If anything, they should have just released it along side TLOUP3 and if it takes off, you build a decent sized team for it and if not, then you move on.
We are all shocked! It really didn't make much sense when we know they put alot of work into it and still could have released something on a smaller scale, charged $30 and it would still be great and a money maker. Tht day the twitter was on fire! With ppl upset!!

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I haven't played this since the release month and now i see why they canned Factions. Players are too OP.

• haha