PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Edit - I also find it funny that the "expert" Kepler_l2 mentioned that the card full config has 64 CU organised differently from what we'd expect from RDNA 2 or 3. To put things in perspective, each shader engine usually has 10 WGP, this would require 2 of them to have 16 each. That would be a terrible engineering decision considering how caches are laid out in RDNA cards - and unless Cerny found some gold somewhere, this would be antithetical to his efficient designs.

Kepler is right. RDNA3 on Navi 3x is different from Navi 2x, it uses 8WGP per Shader Engine:

ovVKK9wGfQBnUco9VRTLyb.jpg

They're claiming the PS5 Pro's GPU is 2/3rds the size of a Navi 31.

I've never seen an official block diagram for Navi 32 so I don't know if it has in fact 64 CUs total and the 7800XT already does have 2 WGPs disabled for redundancy, leaving the solution open for a slightly faster 7800XTX down the road (if/when they get faster spins for the N32 chip).

As for the clockspeeds, I do believe those 2180MHz are base clocks like 2GHz were for the PS5, but until the first batches of production units are out there with final cooling solutions etc. Sony can't compromise on how high they can boost the clocks on average.
I'd say they're confident they can achieve at least those 2450MHz with which they can reach 300 TOPs. Though if N33 on N6 is any indication, we could be looking at closer to 2600MHz on average (which leads the GPU to almost 40 TFLOPs).

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Kepler is right. RDNA3 on Navi 3x is different from Navi 2x, it uses 8WGP per Shader Engine:

Except for the Navi 32, which has 3 shader engines. If you consider 8WGP to be the standard, then it would have 48CU, or would require a completely new shader engine to reach the fabled 64. The 7800xts was to be a cutdown Navi 31, not a souped up Navi 32.

You have the 7700xt which is a cut down Navi 32, and the 7800xt which is the full chipset.

Also, not all Navi 2x cards have 10WGP per shader engine.

As for the clockspeeds, I do believe those 2180MHz are base clocks like 2GHz were for the PS5, but until the first batches of production units are out there with final cooling solutions etc.

I agree with this.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

ovVKK9wGfQBnUco9VRTLyb.jpg

They're claiming the PS5 Pro's GPU is 2/3rds the size of a Navi 31.

I've never seen an official block diagram for Navi 32 so I don't know if it has in fact 64 CUs total and the 7800XT already does have 2 WGPs disabled for redundancy, leaving the solution open for a slightly faster 7800XTX down the road (if/when they get faster spins for the N32 chip).

As for the clockspeeds, I do believe those 2180MHz are base clocks like 2GHz were for the PS5, but until the first batches of production units are out there with final cooling solutions etc. Sony can't compromise on how high they can boost the clocks on average.
I'd say they're confident they can achieve at least those 2450MHz with which they can reach 300 TOPs. Though if N33 on N6 is any indication, we could be looking at closer to 2600MHz on average (which leads the GPU to almost 40 TFLOPs).
did you just tell me that PS5 PRO is more powerful than it shown?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. I will keep up with my bet, which could be incorrect. Full specs:
  • Zen2 CPU @ 3.85GHz
  • Navi 32 based GPU with 60CU (6 disabled for yields) at 2.42GHz
  • 16GB GDDR6 @ 18GBps
They can technically go with either 56CU which will impact yields, or they have a custom design that allows for 4 shader engines with 8WGP each (meaning the card is not Navi 31 or 32 based).

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. I will keep up with my bet, which could be incorrect. Full specs:
  • Zen2 CPU @ 3.85GHz
  • Navi 32 based GPU with 60CU (6 disabled for yields) at 2.42GHz
  • 16GB GDDR6 @ 18GBps
They can technically go with either 56CU which will impact yields, or they have a custom design that allows for 4 shader engines with 8WGP each (meaning the card is not Navi 31 or 32 based).
I was just joking. Don't you know the meme?

Did you just tell me that i have a chance?( After saying it is 0.000001%) 😂

I am looking at stats, nothing more. More than anything, i am waiting results, how it will translate into performance.
I think, many people have learned already from PS5 stats about tech.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I was just joking. Don't you know the meme?

Did you just tell me that i have a chance?( After saying it is 0.000001%) 😂

I am looking at stats, nothing more. More than anything, i am waiting results, how it will translate into performance.
I think, many people have learned already from PS5 stats about tech.

Honestly, I just want to get games, and that has been lacking.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Except for the Navi 32, which has 3 shader engines. If you consider 8WGP to be the standard, then it would have 48CU, or would require a completely new shader engine to reach the fabled 64. The 7800xts was to be a cutdown Navi 31, not a souped up Navi 32.

You have the 7700xt which is a cut down Navi 32, and the 7800xt which is the full chipset.

Are you sure Navi 32 has 3 shader engines? Like I said, I've yet to see an official block diagram for the chip.

Regardless, Kepler_l2 is very rarely wrong about GPU configurations. Number of CUs tend to appear in the linux patches he datamines to get this information.

I think the PS5 Pro will very often be able to run the same final output as the PS5 at twice the framerate (mix of faster GPU and lower base resolution thanks to PSSR). At times they'll get a tradeoff between higher framerate and more advanced raytracing effects.

Unlike some experts, I don't think the CPU is a problem for this at all. The games where the CPU is responsible for not reaching or going above 30FPS (e.g. Baldur's Gate 3 and Gotham Knights) probably have terrible optimization problems that would prevent reaching 60FPS even if the CPU changed to a 7800X3D. Those games need work from the developer and Sony wouldn't nor shouldn't change their hardware targets because of them.
Unlike Richard Leadbetter, I don't think GTA6 will be such a game either.

Also, by the time they implement frame generation the CPU bottleneck becomes even less of a problem.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Are you sure Navi 32 has 3 shader engines? Like I said, I've yet to see an official block diagram for the chip.

Regardless, Kepler_l2 is very rarely wrong about GPU configurations. Number of CUs tend to appear in the linux patches he datamines to get this information
Navi 32s chiplet is 60CU maxed out, and all reviews so far say 3 shader engines

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

New riddle from the Snitch. I think it means Cerny has some good shit for the PS5 Pro and that GoW will take good advantage from it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

New riddle from the Snitch. I think it means Cerny has some good shit for the PS5 Pro and that GoW will take good advantage from it.

Yeah someone posted it yesterday. Some gd shit is coming. Silknight posted that first unless they are one and the same person.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah someone posted it yesterday. Some gd shit is coming. Silknight posted that first unless they are one and the same person.

Both posted with 21 minutes of difference. One says "eager dogs", the other one says "gods" instead. Different emojis

Maybe Naughty Dog will show their next game as a PS5 Pro showcase? And who knows, maybe ND are codeveloping the next GoW?

Or maybe being more realistic, it means that PS5 Pro patches of previously released ND stuff and GoWR will be released to showcase it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I see both posted it 19 hours ago, with the tweets having different emojis

One says dogs, the other one says gods.

Maybe the next GoW is being codeveloped by Naughty Dog?

Maybe these are same ppl.