PS5 Pro: Will there be any killer App games? (Digital Foundry Video)

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

Horizon Zero Dawn remake?

Ghost of Tsushima 2?

My hope is for a GT7 upgrade patch. I also think Demons Souls would benefit a lot from a patch to go even further.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Spiderman 2 with upgraded Rt reflections and Rt shadows might be a good showcase. I think all the current already released will get their performance and quality combined into one with some additional visual upgrades

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
People with agendas like to act like the PS4 Pro launched with big games and ignore that the biggest factor for a Pro console is patching of existing games.

There's a bunch of games I'll play specifically on PS5 Pro that are available to play right now. Some that I already own and some that I'm waiting to buy on confirmation that they'll receive a patch.

That being said, this fall we're probably going to see Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid Delta, and Until Dawn all release.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Horizon Zero Dawn remake? What a joke, even if it exists it would never be a killer app, what a waste of resources.

GTA6 is their only choice at a killer app so far.

If they have any sense they would at least reveal the next ND, SSM, Sucker Punch and Bend games to have people hyped up. I feel like hype is at an all time low right now for PlayStation but I like new hardware and am more than willing to get one if they give me enough reasons.

There doesn't need to be a killer app.

Pro will be worth it alone just for watching DF squarm as they do the ps5 pro and Xbox comparisons.
PS5 vs Series S and PS5 Pro vs Series X should be the standard comparisons from now on. :ROFLMAO:

That or they should ditch Xbox completely and compare just PS5 vs PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1702303334-1969-jaquette-avant.jpeg

1719098228-image.jpg

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Ever since I stood by watching Rockstar not patch RDR2 for 60fps I knew it was pointless to expect anything from Pro. Just because it can run games at a certain level doesn’t mean devs will allow it for free (or ever).

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It will be the most useless console of all time. Probably the biggest rip off of the generation. Good luck to them, they're definitely not getting my money.

Greedy bastards

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Do you guys think they will try to make it a more compact form?
Maybe decide on a single brand for the internal fans, and a quieter disc drive?

And I know it's a meme at this point, but I feel that giant heatsink was worth it.
Making it smaller for the SLIM model probably wasn't a good idea???

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
People with agendas like to act like the PS4 Pro launched with big games and ignore that the biggest factor for a Pro console is patching of existing games.

There's a bunch of games I'll play specifically on PS5 Pro that are available to play right now. Some that I already own and some that I'm waiting to buy on confirmation that they'll receive a patch.

That being said, this fall we're probably going to see Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid Delta, and Until Dawn all release.
PS4 Pro didn't need to launch with big games as there was already big games on PS4 and even the Great Uncharted 4 couldn't be 60fps on base PS4... So that's where the Pro came in handy.

Base PS5 can already do it all... PS5 Pro will be a scam, we already see them removing 8k off base PS5 box labeling... Nobody gonna give a shit about checkered 8k or indie games in 8k... Or the fact we will be able to see chem-trails in the sky or better Ray Tracing.

Launching a Pro console during a year you ain't got no huge graphical show case game, is surely a brilliant strategy.