PS5 Pro: Will there be any killer App games? (Digital Foundry Video)

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The advantage of PS5 pro is that we finally can play UE5 games at PS4 resolution instead of PS3 resolution.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Because I find more easy, simple and comfortable to play on consoles.

Plus the UI and easy of features are more tailored to specific case.

With PC i can design my UI to be however i want, juat install Linux.

You can even use your Dualsense controller on PC, it's really awesome.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
With PC i can design my UI to be however i want, juat install Linux.

You can even use your Dualsense controller on PC, it's really awesome.
"Design my UI"... that is one of the issues with PC and Linux... you have to do everything.
I don't want to do thing myself.

I want to turn on and play games.
That is the exactly same reason I prefer iPhone over Android... I want everything working from the go the most easy way possible... not to customize, sideload, etc.

The is the basic of UI interfaces... users should not feel they need to change anything... if they need then something is wrong with your UI.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
no it wont . What are you basing this off? Teraflops? If so you're doing it wrong.
If you're going to say that for PS5 Pro you gotta do that for all modern GPU's. If you're going to try and say PS5 Pro is only 16tf so is the 4070. Nice try tho.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
If you're going to say that for PS5 Pro you gotta do that for all modern GPU's. If you're going to try and say PS5 Pro is only 16tf so is the 4070. Nice try tho.
PS5 pro will be perform around a 3080 at best. Just wait until the hardware comes out. TF is a buzz word.

DeadPGN

8 May 2023
PS4 Pro didn't need to launch with big games as there was already big games on PS4 and even the Great Uncharted 4 couldn't be 60fps on base PS4... So that's where the Pro came in handy.

Base PS5 can already do it all... PS5 Pro will be a scam, we already see them removing 8k off base PS5 box labeling... Nobody gonna give a shit about checkered 8k or indie games in 8k... Or the fact we will be able to see chem-trails in the sky or better Ray Tracing.

Launching a Pro console during a year you ain't got no huge graphical show case game, is surely a brilliant strategy.
So you don’t think there’s been any big games launched for the PS5 so far this gen? You blind?

You sound too butt hurt to be taken seriously.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So you don’t think there’s been any big games launched for the PS5 so far this gen? You blind?

You sound too butt hurt to be taken seriously.
Let's see all the biggest PS5 games were also launched on PS4 and the PS5 was suppose to be the definitive versions of those games..

With the exception of Demons Souls, Ratchet, Returnal and Spiderman 2.

Ratchet & Returnal are also both on PC with higher settings than the base PS5 games.

Again the PS4 Pro did not have this issue as again it was offering substantial improvements on actual exclusives.

Good luck to Sony telling us why the PS5 Pro is needed when they are putting better versions of their games else where.

I have no reason to be butt hurt. It's always y'all staunch defenders of PlayStation's backwards nonsense that claims everyone else is butthurt.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I want to turn on and play games.

Then download Steam OS or just get a SteamDeck and your problem is solved.
The is the basic of UI interfaces... users should not feel they need to change anything... if they need then something is wrong with your UI.

More of us prefer to customise things, thats why a lot of us want themes on ps5

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Then download Steam OS or just get a SteamDeck and your problem is solved.

More of us prefer to customise things, thats why a lot of us want themes on ps5
Seems like PC players will never understand appeal of a console UI because it nowhere like SteamOS.

Themes is not customization… it is is personalization… it doesn’t change anything in terms of UI design. Customization should be like installing a different app launcher in Android… not changing the wallpaper.

If the your user feels he needs a mod or a customization to use it then you failed as UI designer. Same as needing a tutorial on internet to do a simple task.

Last edited: