PS5 vs. Xbox Series X/S - Current Gen Only Exclusive Games Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 Aug 2022
Australia
We’re almost two years into the life cycles of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, let's do a comparison of each console 1st party current gen only exclusive games. While exclusive games more or less defined the last two console generations, these days, even just nailing down what counts as an “exclusive game” can be pretty slippery slope. Still, since exclusive games can be a big factor in purchasing one console over the other.

First thing: We’re going to use the term “exclusive” a little more loosely than we might have in the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 days. If you take “exclusive” to mean “available on one, and only one, console,” then the current console generation 'exclusive games' all of which are on PS5. That wouldn’t make for a particularly interesting or insightful comparison.

• Full Exclusive - Games released exclusively on one console only.
  • Platform Exclusive - Games released exclusively on a single family of consoles only.
  • Console Exclusive - Games released for a single console (or family of consoles) in addition to PC and / or mobile smartphone.
  • Timed Exclusives - Games exclusive to a single console (or family of consoles) for a limited time.
  • Generation Exclusive - Games that are exclusive to one console from a single generation of consoles, but also released on previous generation consoles.
  • Peripheral Exclusive - Games that are exclusive to one console (or family of consoles) that require additional peripherals to play. (PlayStation VR, Kinect, etc.)
  • Expired Exclusive - Games that were previously exclusive to one console, but now available on another console and or PC.

I am aware that these are imperfect definitions, and don’t really account for certain cases. 'example' (Is Demon’s Souls a remake or a remaster? of a PS3 game) Does that count? does Microsoft Flight Simulator count if the PC version came out before the Xbox Series X/S version?) Are they really exclusive games if they all get ported to PC? anyways this is what i come up with for the comparisons of PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X/S current generation exclusive games only comparison.

PS5 Exclusives

• Astro’s Playroom
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Destruction AllStars
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal

Xbox Series X/S Exclusives

• Microsoft Flight Simulator

Last edited:
P

peter42O

Hahaha. This is NOT a comparison. lmao

Anyway, good list but FF7RI is not a PS5 exclusive. The base game is an upgraded port of the PS4 version. The Intermission DLC is exclusive to PS5 which is weird to me but whatever.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Exclusive is a pretty shit metric to operate on anymore, when you actually lock down single games tied to one platform it's pretty rough.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
PC XBOX NINTENDO PS
9 Aug 2022
Australia
They both have no games. And you list is disingenuous. Final Fantasy Remake is on PC and Ghostwire and Desthloop are going to xbox.

No games
Well yeah if you really break it down like that than no consoles has any exclusive games anymore except Nintendo Switch lol
But like i said i break it down in my thread post of why that is did you even read it all?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They both have no games. And you list is disingenuous. Final Fantasy Remake is on PC and Ghostwire and Desthloop are going to xbox.

No games
I believe INTERGRATE is exclusive to PS5 yet.

Now Ghostwire and Deathloop released on PC… they two are indeed wrong in the list but that includes Flight Simulator.

And I guess that the reason he added Ghostwire and Deathloop… so he could add Flight Simulator too.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Well yeah if you really break it down like that than no consoles has any exclsuive games anymore except Nintendo Switch lol
Correct

But like i said i break it down in my thread post of why that is did you even read it all?
I skimmed through it and read the list at the bottom. What was the point of the thread ? To show both consoles have no games?

• haha
Reactions: PC XBOX NINTENDO PS
OP
OP
PC XBOX NINTENDO PS
9 Aug 2022
Australia
Hahaha. This is NOT a comparison. lmao

Anyway, good list but FF7RI is not a PS5 exclusive. The base game is an upgraded port of the PS4 version. The Intermission DLC is exclusive to PS5 which is weird to me but whatever.
It a start since PC get all the games anyways this is the best that can be compare right now otherwise there is zero exclusive so just get a PC already and be done with it. I will show you the ropes to building and upgrading PC if you need help Peter lol

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
PC XBOX NINTENDO PS
9 Aug 2022
Australia
Pretty much, console defense these days is a massive joke.
I would not say it a joke, for the price it still very good and will take you a lot more to build a PC with the same specs.
But yeah i was a console only guy but move to PC over 2 years ago and have not look back, still own console but PC is main platform now.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022

No games
PlayStation might have a lot of crossgen games but they have been great, they still look really good and they released this gen

PlayStation has games

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I would not say it a joke, for the price it still very good and will take you a lot more to build a PC with the same specs.
But yeah i was a console only guy but move to PC over 2 years ago and have not look back, still own console but PC is main platform now.
I'm talking about software specifically tied to that platform, it's the worst sales proposition consoles have ever been in.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas
Status
Not open for further replies.