PS5’s four-month reign as the UK’s No.1 console ended

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I imagine with SF6, Diablo 4 and then Final Fantasy XVI, that it will go back to PS5 over the next 3 months.....

Does Nintendo have anything coming?
Nah man. Totk is going to have insane legs. I don't see those 3 games moving the needle that much.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Makes perfect sense after the juggernaut that is Zelda.

I’m loving every minute of it but I’m ready to move on to FFXVI.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
PS5 sales have slowed down immensely, many are still living in a bubble here it seems.

Proof? I'm not one to doubt much if the numbers bear it out, but one month of getting outsold in the UK isn't really indicative of anything. There were multiple months in both UK and US where N64 outsold PS1, did that really change things for the long-term?

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nah man. Totk is going to have insane legs. I don't see those 3 games moving the needle that much.
June is going to be an interesting month. But yeah Zelda is gonna make big numbers. Might give legs for Switch to get to DS/PS2 numbers?

But I see Spiderman 2 if not the others having highest sales for PS5 again

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I imagine with SF6, Diablo 4 and then Final Fantasy XVI, that it will go back to PS5 over the next 3 months.....

Does Nintendo have anything coming?
Pikmin, possibly a 4th quarter tent pole and Pokemon DLC. Those should sell well but won't move hardware.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Proof? I'm not one to doubt much if the numbers bear it out, but one month of getting outsold in the UK isn't really indicative of anything. There were multiple months in both UK and US where N64 outsold PS1, did that really change things for the long-term?
PS5 sales slowing down doesn't mean it's getting outsold or losing. Based off observations of the last two months? Sales drop > 70% alone in the US from March to April. We see the decline in the UK the last two months, Spain same thing, Japan slow declines.

Unfortunately the industry has become cagey with sales, but based off what I've seen, sales sorta cratered a bit the last two months.

Sony of course is sleeping at the wheel. Can't even be arsed to make Special Edition PS5's for FF 16 across Japan and Europe to reignite the sales and get some double dipping.

I'm curious to see how they'll achieve 25 million.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PS5 sales slowing down doesn't mean it's getting outsold or losing. Based off observations of the last two months? Sales drop > 70% alone in the US from March to April. We see the decline in the UK the last two months, Spain same thing, Japan slow declines.

Unfortunately the industry has become cagey with sales, but based off what I've seen, sales sorta cratered a bit the last two months.

Sony of course is sleeping at the wheel. Can't even be arsed to make Special Edition PS5's for FF 16 across Japan and Europe to reignite the sales and get some double dipping.

I'm curious to see how they'll achieve 25 million.

Summer months are always the lowest for gaming.... Zelda has enough cache to where is can push hardware and Switch is also not restricted to indoor play...

I wouldn't take one month and say it indicates an overall trend, that is jumping the gun by a long shot.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Summer months are always the lowest for gaming.... Zelda has enough cache to where is can push hardware and Switch is also not restricted to indoor play...

I wouldn't take one month and say it indicates an overall trend, that is jumping the gun by a long shot.
True to an extent but I guess the pent up demand has been met already then?