PS5’s four-month reign as the UK’s No.1 console ended

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That makes no sense. It's the biggest PS5 only game so far.
It will have the lowest first week sales for the franchise in the UK and Japan... That might be the case for other places. Sony's awful marketing this generation isn't gonna do it any favors. If scores above a 90 or above on metacritic that will give it a jolt that's it's been lacking.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
He's definitely referring to the yearly total so far.
Yeah this year was never going to be bad, we started off with hogwarts, then horizon dlc, ff16 and will end it with spiderman. It's the fact that Sony has pretty much nothing to look forward to in 2024 which has me disappointed.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm the doomer and you guys think the PS5 won't have a huge June? I get it now, I just have much higher expectations for everything. FFXVI is going to be huge, I'm feeling it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah this year was never going to be bad, we started off with hogwarts, then horizon dlc, ff16 and will end it with spiderman. It's the fact that Sony has pretty much nothing to look forward to in 2024 which has me disappointed.
Well I don't think they need to announce anything for 2024 as yet. Not until they have Spiderman out..I was also in the camp of no showcase till October closer to black Friday but that's already been botched.

Death Stranding 2 is definitely next year

Stellar Blade I can see early next year? Releasing it this year is commerical suicide.

Rise of Ronin? Is that this year?

They have Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth? Possibly end of next year?

Pragmata? Assuming it exists lol

I'm not worried at all.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm the doomer and you guys think the PS5 won't have a huge June? I get it now, I just have much higher expectations for everything. FFXVI is going to be huge, I'm feeling it.
I want to to be huge. It's my most anticipated Game of the year and already will be my Game of The Year without playing it. As I have that much faith in Yoshi.

If it manages to outdo FF7 and move massive hardware in Japan especially. I'll have no issues being the clown.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well I don't think they need to announce anything for 2024 as yet. Not until they have Spiderman out..I was also in the camp of no showcase till October closer to black Friday but that's already been botched.

Stellar Blade I can see early next year? Releasing it this year is commerical suicide.

I'm not worried at all.

We really need to do a thread listing all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd party exclusives and times exclusives and when they are expected to drop.... I think we need to remind ourselves that there is actually a lot in the pipeline.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

I'm not worried at all.
The thing is, none of those game are mainstream to the likes of GOW Ragnarok and HFW in 2022 and FF and Spiderman this year. The casual audience probably has not heard about any of those games besides maybe death stranding for enthusiasts. If that's what Sony's 2024 looks like they will definitely be seeing a software revenue decline.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I want to to be huge. It's my most anticipated Game of the year and already will be my Game of The Year without playing it. As I have that much faith in Yoshi.

If it manages to outdo FF7 and move massive hardware in Japan especially. I'll have no issues being the clown.
Maybe I don't have the right pulse of the audience but FFXVI looks like just what the franchise needs to be more appealing worldwide, story, visuals and gameplay looks like a much easier sell for people that are not into it (and in a good way in my opinion).

FFXV should've been it but it ended up hidden under a messy game that lingered in development hell for too long. But even FFXV still sold rather well, it's a huge IP. FFVII Remake is going to help a lot as well, it was very inviting to newcomers.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We really need to do a thread listing all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd party exclusives and times exclusives and when they are expected to drop.... I think we need to remind ourselves that there is actually a lot in the pipeline.
Yeah we do. I will admit the showcase last week really was the lowest point for me as playstation fan in so so long. But it's still my fave gaming brand and I want it to succeed. The industry needs a healthy playstation otherwise it's literally fucked. It's been the safe guard against so many destructive policies from both sides for generations.

But we do have A LOT coming and it's a shame many here don't seem to care about indies because they are absolutely killing it right now.

They need to find a way to utilize their social channels more outside of random Twitter drops and blog posts. They need to start engaging with Playstation centric YouTubers as well.

But we should definitely get a thread lie that going, it would do the community here well.

As we should include the GaaS as well, as they will be pivotal in the coming years. We absolutely need a few to succeed.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The thing is, none of those game are mainstream to the likes of GOW Ragnarok and HFW in 2022 and FF and Spiderman this year. The casual audience probably has not heard about any of those games besides maybe death stranding for enthusiasts. If that's what Sony's 2024 looks like they will definitely be seeing a software revenue decline.
We don't know that tho? I don't see Death Stranding 2 selling less than the first game honestly.

Also the PS4 era of Sony games smashing and breaking records are pretty much over after Spiderman 2. But we never know what may be the next big hit.

Nobody saw Ghost of Tsushima selling 10 million?

I remember when Horizon Zero Dawn was voted mostly like to be the biggest flop of 2017 on ResetError lol.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
We don't know that tho? I don't see Death Stranding 2 selling less than the first game honestly.

Also the PS4 era of Sony games smashing and breaking records are pretty much over after Spiderman 2. But we never know what may be the next big hit.

Nobody saw Ghost of Tsushima selling 10 million?

I remember when Horizon Zero Dawn was voted mostly like to be the biggest flop of 2017 on ResetError lol.
Stranger things have happened so DS2 could be some sleeper hit, but regardless it alone can't save their 2024. That was kinda TLOU Faction's job but with that being delayed, its GG

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
2nd party is the player. Games are either first-party or third-party developed.

• they're_right_you_know

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Pikmin, possibly a 4th quarter tent pole and Pokemon DLC. Those should sell well but won't move hardware.
Well, that secret tent pole was revealed... 1-2 Switch 2 has been slyly revealed on Nintendo's Twitter page. (trying to sneak that turd through before the Switch dies to keep the devs happy)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Nowhere NEAR as much cheaper as it should be. An OLED Switch is as much as a PS5 Digital in some markets!

Nintendo fans are used to paying a premium for what they get, their games never drop in price but still sell ten million copies