PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Honestly I'm so glad this happened because PC players are beyond 🧠⚰️.

It's always the entitled gamers making things bad for everyone and now all the PC players in unsupported countries will suffer while they still get access to it.

But this also highlights that Sony really are out of their depths with this PC market. It's one headache after the other.... Is it really worth it?
Lmao, that last bit screams desperation. They aren't backing out of PC bro.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
You blame Steam users because you hate PC gamers, this entire forum does lmao.

Everyone is angry at PlayStation for selling a mandatory PSN game that you can't play at all without a PSN in countries that don't have support for PSN.

They just doubled down and added 3 more countries to that lockout. Mostly everyone would stop the moment Sony adds at the very least, psuedo-support for those countries (literally just add them to the drop down menu or a Misc/Other option) except for some fringe lunatics who ree at making a PSN account, a majority, including me, already have one.

I do agree we should be calling out sony for not providing PSN to a 170 countries, what is up with that

Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
If God of War, God of War Ragnarok, Spider-man, Miles Morales, Spider-man 2, Wolverine, Bloodborne, Returnal, Rift Apart, GT7, Uncharted 4, TLoU Pt1, TLoU Pt2 , Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, etc, were all PlayStation only games with no prospects of them ever getting released on PC would PC players interested in legally buying AAA single player games actually have resisted getting a PS4/PS5?

The answer is a resounding NO. Sony is stupid, now they spend more time working on PC ports, delay their PS5 releases and make less money then they would if they had not done anything at all (with no way to put the genie back in the bottle now).

The perfect read of the market would've been to only release GaaS games in their own PC store, but doing nothing would still have been far better than deciding to port all their games. Whoever made that decision is Sony's Phil Spencer.

They threw everybody under the bus to support pirates and PlayStation haters because everyone else that was interested in playing those games would've bought a PlayStation eventually otherwise.
It's honestly really funny to me that this thread only thinks of PC gamers as pirates. When someone in this very thread, actually have pirated games "because they already bought it on PS5." I can't imagine complaining about an issue and then being a part of the problem.

When I ask for proof that every PC gamer is a pirate. People can only show me news articles like games being cracked 30 seconds into release or something like that. The thing you all don't understand is there are people who make a living off cracking new things, if the game doesn't have great protection, it's easy for those people. It doesn't support the baseless and needless painting of PC players as pirates, otherwise Steam wouldn't be profitable.

I DO NOT CONDONE PIRACY IN ANY WAY.

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
PC gamers take the cake for dumbest fucking fanbase which I never thought possible considering Xbox fans.

All you fucking had to do was shut the fuck up and pick another region in a dropdown list and youd be playing these games.

But you had to pretend to be white knights to give your sad lives some meaning trying to take in the big bad console company that wants to link to your superior gaming machines...

And now they're freaking out that the console company did what they said and are not selling the game in regions that don't have PSN support.

Idiots
Why should people be forced to break terms of service for PlayStation whenever PlayStation could just offer pseudo support for those regions in that very menu. Quit demanding less from them.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I do agree we should be calling out sony for not providing PSN to a 170 countries, what is up with that
The problem is they (Sony) and anybody else didn't care for 2,5 PlayStation generations. If it was that easy to have PSN support in those regions, they surely would have by now.

Why should people be forced to break terms of service for PlayStation whenever PlayStation could just offer pseudo support for those regions in that very menu.

Nobody is forcing them, in fact, if Sony doesn't operate there and doesn't sell their games there, nobody can be forced to.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I have no idea what's up with that. It's actually kind of insane. I think people should stop demanding others break ToS to play PS games and instead demand Sony to add, at the very least, Psuedo-support for those countries, either add their countries to the drop down menu or just add a misc/other option in there.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Nobody is forcing them, in fact, if Sony doesn't operate there and doesn't sell their games there, nobody can be forced to.
They were already being forced to break terms of service to play games from them in the past. What kind of revisionist history is this? There was some dude on Twitter last week saying everyone was an idiot because he was in a region that wasn't supported and he was still playing on a US based account in Helldivers (He wasn't informed enough to know that the mandatory linking didn't happen yet by that time though, so he looked like a smartass)

Reactions: Systemshock2023

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
They were already being forced to break terms of service to play games from them in the past. What kind of revisionist history is this? There was some dude on Twitter last week saying everyone was an idiot because he was in a region that wasn't supported and he was still playing on a US based account in Helldivers (He wasn't informed enough to know that the mandatory linking didn't happen yet by that time though, so he looked like a smartass)

They made an error, they fixed the error. Are we going to blame every company for every past mistake they made?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
They made an error, they fixed the error. Are we going to blame every company for every past mistake they made?
How about for starters:

1. Relist Helldivers 2 in those countries now that the game doesn't require a PlayStation account.

2. Add pseudo support for the countries who cannot create a PlayStation account currently. They don't even need to sell games through an official store in that country. They just need to add the countries to a drop down menu or add a section for miscellaneous or other.

1 Can be done sooner and they better because right now they have no reason to not sell there.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The problem is they (Sony) and anybody else didn't care for 2,5 PlayStation generations. If it was that easy to have PSN support in those regions, they surely would have by now.

Sony suspended PSN in Russia (which is hypocritical since they didn't do the same to Israel which is commiting genocide against palestinians now).

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
How about for starters:

1. Relist Helldivers 2 in those countries now that the game doesn't require a PlayStation account.

Why if the maybe still intend in the future?

2. Add pseudo support for the countries who cannot create a PlayStation account currently. They don't even need to sell games through an official store in that country. They just need to add the countries to a drop down menu or add a section for miscellaneous or other.

Why should they support those countries if they don't intend to sell games there?

1 Can be done sooner and they better because right now they have no reason to not sell there.

It cannot if they still intend to have the PSN linking there. You wouldn't want them to make the same mistake again, would you?

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Why if the maybe still intend in the future?

Why should they support those countries if they don't intend to sell games there?

It cannot if they still intend to have the PSN linking there. You wouldn't want them to make the same mistake again, would you?
They just walked it back. If they still intend to make account linking mandatory for that game, they would be lying and straight up dystopian.

My guy, people are playing from those countries already. They should just add support for them at this point.

I want them to open the fucking game so people can play, bro. Relist the countries, who cares about the what ifs.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
nothing is up with it, it was never an issue, ask the people actually living in those countries. Where was this outrage at for every Xbox game? When Xbox live is available in even less regions than PSN? Bro you fell for disingenuous FUD. These bums hate playstation, that's literally all there ever was to it, no one cares about these countries, or security risks, they just hate Sony. The retarded cucks at Arrowhead gave those losers validation and it spiraled out of control. All they had to do was stfu and it would've blown over

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
nothing is up with it, it was never an issue, ask the people actually living in those countries. Where was this outrage at for every Xbox game? When Xbox live is available in even less regions than PSN? Bro you fell for disingenuous FUD. These bums hate playstation, that's literally all there ever was to it, no one cares about these countries, or security risks, they just hate Sony. The retarded cucks at Arrowhead gave those losers validation and it spiraled out of control. All they had to do was stfu and it would've blown over
To be the devils advocate u can change regions on xbox and nintendo, u can't on PSN.

It's a mess for people who move and travel a lot like me

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
To be the devils advocate u can change regions on xbox and nintendo, u can't on PSN.

It's a mess for people who move snd travel a lot like me
yes you can on PS, how do you think people in africa/south america/middle east were playing for years before psn arrived there??

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
My dude. Microsoft is supported worldwide. The thing you are talking about is only talking about official stores for Xbox games, no?

Do you even look into these things? Or do you just parrot everything else you see? @Box didn't fall for FUD.

I don't hate PlayStation whatsoever so I wish you would stop saying I do. I do care about the countries. I don't give a fuck about security risks anyone who kids themselves by saying they do is a fool. Why do you defend Sony so much dude? You're sitting here calling Arrowhead cucks because you don't like that they aren't grateful for Sony? What kind of unhinged behavior is that, man?

The Arrowhead CEO (Pilestedt on Twitter) already stated that he wants the game to be available worldwide so it's clear there is a disagreement with the developers and the publisher.

Reactions: Box

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
They just walked it back. If they still intend to make account linking mandatory for that game, they would be lying and straight up dystopian.

Was the Steam page in this regard updated? Or is the requirement still shown?

I want them to open the fucking game so people can play, bro.

I remember when a game wasn't available in my country, I had to import it. If those people really really want to play the game, they could import a PlayStation and the game and set a fake PSN account. It's shitty, but at least they would be able to play.

Maybe in a few years Sony will be able to operate in those countries and the players don't have to import anymore.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
yes you can on PS, how do you think people in africa/south america/middle east were playing for years before psn arrived there??
You do understand they're talking about changing the region once you've already made the account, right?

Comment in a Reddit thread about someone who moved countries.

Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
One of the biggest gaming youtube channels promoting piracy of Sony 1st party 😂😂😂😂 Great job Sony, the extra 1% revenue bump is surely worth it.