PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Stop arguing in bad faith because this doesn't make any sense at all. Steam users outside of Vietnam have absolutely no effect on the Vietnamese government. Vietnamese steam users must make their voice heard to their government, not that they will care, it's authoritarian.
Again, you are looking at it with your Steam-shaded goggles on. It's not the Vietnamese government which should be "attacked". Steam operated there illegally, they are the ones who should either adhere to the government rules, or make sure affected vietnamese players get refunded if they lost access to their games.

It's like saying the 100+ countries where PSN does not operate in, should pave the way for Sony to offer their services there. Doesn't make any sense.

Helldivers 2:

Yep, Sony made an error, was crucified for it, tried to rectify things.

Ghost of Tsushima:
The MP part cannot be removed from the game with wishes and hopes, it needs an investment which clearly Sony doesn't want to make. Because they were crucified during Helldivers-gate, they took the easiest and correct decision to not sell the game there.

If I were you, I would boycott all Sony games on Steam.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Again, you are looking at it with your Steam-shaded goggles on. It's not the Vietnamese government which should be "attacked". Steam operated there illegally, they are the ones who should either adhere to the government rules, or make sure affected vietnamese players get refunded if they lost access to their games.

It's like saying the 100+ countries where PSN does not operate in, should pave the way for Sony to offer their services there. Doesn't make any sense.

Yep, Sony made an error, was crucified for it, tried to rectify things.

The MP part cannot be removed from the game with wishes and hopes, it needs an investment which clearly Sony doesn't want to make. Because they were crucified during Helldivers-gate, they took the easiest and correct decision to not sell the game there.

If I were you, I would boycott all Sony games on Steam.
1. "It's like saying the 100+ countries where PSN does not operate in, should pave the way for Sony to offer their services there. Doesn't make any sense."

We don't know why they aren't supporting them, it could very well be something on their side, but we do know Vietnam blocked Steam, the Steam userbase is not as coordinated as the Helldivers 2 community. If you are outside of Vietnam, you can NOT make any kind of change because this is something to do with Steam and the Vietnamese government.

2. Correct.

3. They weren't crucified because they sold there, they were crucified for selling a PSN mandatory game in those countries, meanwhile GoT is not mandatory for the single-player, they could literally just block out access to the MP section, you act like that costs millions upon millions of dollars, stop defending Sony bro. You could make GoT launch in offline mode only, they could simply remove the field for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends in those countries, you aren't paying $60 USD or the equivalent for MP, don't act like that's the case.

I'm not boycotting shit lmao, I'm buying GoT. I know what you want people to do and you want Steam users to tell Sony to kick rocks so they quit developing PC ports, too bad that's not going to happen mate, GoW:R's PC port was just said to have an announcement date soon.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
the Steam userbase is not as coordinated as the Helldivers 2 community

Then ask the Helldivers 2 community, you are part of it. Show us your willpower!

they could literally just block out access to the MP section, you act like that costs millions upon millions of dollars

They could, they won't. It costs them 1, 10, 100 dollar, they don't want to invest that money (for now), because maybe they don't expect to make much money there.

stop defending Sony

I'm not defending them, in fact, I'm boycotting them. You should do the same.

GoW:R's PC port was just said to have an announcement date soon

Wondering if they will implement some kind of leaderboard for Valhalla, in order to sneak a PSN account requirement in there. Would be interesting if they do.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What are you talking about? Quit blaming Steam and blame PlayStation, they're the ones who took the game out of those countries, NOT Steam. Steam doesn't have control over that. Publishers are in control of where they want their game to be sold.

I get this forum hates Steam or PC in general but absolutely loves PlayStation, but hold some accountability on PS this time, it is their fault, not Steam.

Educate yourself on how Steam works.
I blame weirdo Steam users…

Before: Everybody could play.
Now: Only selected countries.

It was a movement from Steam users to harm Steam users 🤷‍♂️

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Shout out to everyone who snitched on people in third world countries playing game when they technically weren't allowed too. Definitely worth all the outrage correct? Now that you guys got mad over nothing, dozens of countries are excluded, just because you were too pissy to make a PSN

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They are selling the Directors Cut, which includes the SP and MP components.

They have communicated that a PSN account is required for the MP components (Legends mode).

There's nothing wrong here.

They could make a seperate SKU just for the singleplayer to accomodate those regions, or expand PSN accessibility.

I fully expect Helldivers 2 will eventually require a PSN account.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They are selling the Directors Cut, which includes the SP and MP components.

They have communicated that a PSN account is required for the MP components (Legends mode).

There's nothing wrong here.

They could make a seperate SKU just for the singleplayer to accomodate those regions, or expand PSN accessibility.

I fully expect Helldivers 2 will eventually require a PSN account.
will see. maybe only this one won't, but going forward, it will be requirement, as always was, as well as Helldivers 2 too

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
will see. maybe only this one won't, but going forward, it will be requirement, as always was, as well as Helldivers 2 too
Destiny 2 requires a Bungie.net account
GoT Legends requires a PSN account
Concord will require a PSN account

Helldivers 2 was meant to require one, but Arrowhead's CEO disabled it at launch to help with the server issues.

The fact that the Steam page still mentions PSN requirement and the game has been delisted in the unsupported countries kinda shows they don't intend to back away, in my opinion.

Even the official wording was about the update not going forward on May 6th, not that it will never require it.

They will figure out what to do with those unsupported countries who bought the game and do another rollout, possibly when the Steam overlay/trophy sync/cross-progression is ready.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I blame weirdo Steam users…

Before: Everybody could play.
Now: Only selected countries.

It was a movement from Steam users to harm Steam users 🤷‍♂️
Yep, they used a big manufactured outrage to shit on Sony. Sony listened and this is the consequence.

They don't want to deal will all the manbabies review-bombing the game (they will reviewbomb it anyway).

I would delist the whole game from Steam in retaliation.

Reactions: ethomaz and arvfab

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I can't wait for the outrage for this one. When this releases you are going to see a lot of PC elitists showing their ass, making controversy about something every other publisher gets away with.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I can't wait for the outrage for this one. When this releases you are going to see a lot of PC elitists showing their ass, making controversy about something every other publisher gets away with.
Some people think this companies are in business to serve them. Lmfao

Seriously why there is a debate about this. Psn is not in these countries for many reason from poor infrastructure. Lack of manpower and laws . Also Sony isn’t bothered cause anyone from those countries have a foreign account anyway.(I have 2)

This crying from people that aren’t affected by this is cringey.

Reactions: ethomaz
24 Jun 2022
They are Sony games available on PC, so of course they count.

Btw, Destiny 2 wasn't acquired this recent FY23, it was acquired the previous FY22.

Xbox always had a very different strategy and content than Sony, so their results are very different. PlayStation has way more great exclusive games and don't put all of them day one on PC and the game sub. As a result, PS is growing and breaking all time records for any console in gaming history. And Xbox keeps losing market share to the point it is dying.

For FY22 SIE forecasted to make $300M and did 250M from 1st party PC game revenue, pretty likely because TLOU and Returnal were delayed to the very end of that FY.

For FY23 SIE forecasted to make $450M from 1st party PC game revenue, and that was with them underestimating the success that Helldivers 2 was going to have. So very likely will be over half a billion.

But yes, next week pretty likely we'll get an updated number with Sony bragging about their big success with GaaS and PC.

Regarding FY24 I agree that their PC will continue growing, specially because in addition to Helldivers 2 post launch window, I assume Destiny 2 The Final Shape will sell better than last year's update plus we'll have releases like Concord and who knows if even some other GaaS (I think they'll keep them for other FYs) as could be Marathon, Fairgame$, Horizon Online, etc. (in addition to more ports of old games getting discounted or released).

2g8w4f.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Outrage for what exactly?
Sony did exactly what they asked.

But they never thought about the consequences.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
PC gamers take the cake for dumbest fucking fanbase which I never thought possible considering Xbox fans.

All you fucking had to do was shut the fuck up and pick another region in a dropdown list and youd be playing these games.

But you had to pretend to be white knights to give your sad lives some meaning trying to take in the big bad console company that wants to link to your superior gaming machines...

And now they're freaking out that the console company did what they said and are not selling the game in regions that don't have PSN support.

Idiots

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm used to receive ad hominum attacks from gaming flatearther who can't accept reality and since can't fight the reality with facts, they insult me instead because don't have any facts to make proper arguments for a decent debate.

But hey, using a meme with reptilians in this particular case is new. A good match for gaming flatearthery.

One thing they could do would be to allow to play Helldivers 2 without PSN account linked but only in single player, and to demand it only for online multiplayer. Or to enable crossplay.

And well, in addition to include some extra incentives for the account linking like the cape, shared trophies and friendlist, etc.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So wait. Do people from removed countries review bomb all Steam games or do they rally against other Steam players for getting their countries banned with their outrage?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If God of War, God of War Ragnarok, Spider-man, Miles Morales, Spider-man 2, Wolverine, Bloodborne, Returnal, Rift Apart, GT7, Uncharted 4, TLoU Pt1, TLoU Pt2 , Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, etc, were all PlayStation only games with no prospects of them ever getting released on PC would PC players interested in legally buying AAA single player games actually have resisted getting a PS4/PS5?

The answer is a resounding NO. Sony is stupid, now they spend more time working on PC ports, delay their PS5 releases and make less money then they would if they had not done anything at all (with no way to put the genie back in the bottle now).

The perfect read of the market would've been to only release GaaS games in their own PC store, but doing nothing would still have been far better than deciding to port all their games. Whoever made that decision is Sony's Phil Spencer.

They threw everybody under the bus to support pirates and PlayStation haters because everyone else that was interested in playing those games would've bought a PlayStation eventually otherwise.

Last edited:

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
PC gamers take the cake for dumbest fucking fanbase which I never thought possible considering Xbox fans.

All you fucking had to do was shut the fuck up and pick another region in a dropdown list and youd be playing these games.

But you had to pretend to be white knights to give your sad lives some meaning trying to take in the big bad console company that wants to link to your superior gaming machines...

And now they're freaking out that the console company did what they said and are not selling the game in regions that don't have PSN support.

Idiots
Majority of pc beggars have no purpose in life. They just exist. Agree. So they have to find some meaning to their miserable lives. Case in point stupid psn account.

Few i know (1 s kinda semi friend) re all wierd nerds, antisocioal introverts living in their worlds, heads. Majority work in IT. I swear theres nothing likw them.
1 s working in bank, 10 hours, then he come home and play dota from 6pm untill 2am or more. They ll ocasionally try some other single player games, but its all about mp, counter, dota, wow......they re mostly interested in mp.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I mean literally no one is talking about how steam is operating illegally in Vietnam (probably alot of countries that haven't yet cracked down on them & demand they pay tax when they're doing business in their country aswell)