PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Just went ahead and bought all the gr2 cars in gt7. I'm going to create a race just to experience the audi in vr in vr.
That sound dear lord

Edit: Holly shit time flies 😆 roughly 5 hours gone wtf
In vr in vr! That’s a whole new level of vr!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Finally got chance to try out PSVR2 last night and it was much better than I could have hoped for. The headset is light and easy to set up; though I'm lucky in that my sweet spot is pretty big, nudge, nudge, wink, wink. The controllers have a nice feel and weight to them and the adaptive triggers are a game changer, even though the effect is small, it feels intuitive. All I would change on the controllers is to swap the O and X buttons to the right hand side of the analogue stick, not the left, as the motion from moving from stick to buttons occurs by moving your right thumb to the right.

The games I played:

Call of the Mountain. I played this for about 20 mins and enjoyed it. It looks beautiful and the scenery is impressive, though it didn't grab me.

GT7. I'm not a racing fan but I tried a few different cars and tracks and yeah, it's as good as they say.

Kayak. Beautiful looking game but I am not interesting in 'motion control' kind of games. The free ride mode is cool though.

Puzzle game. can't remember the name but my second favourite experience in VR. Simple fun with intuitive controls that make you feel like a God or artist. This idea of keeping it simple and showing off what can be done is brilliant.

Resident Evil. I stayed in the shooting gallery. Hell naw am I playing that game.

Pavlov. Best FPS game since CS:S 1.6. Absolutely fantastic. It took me around 30 minutes to get my 'legs' but after a break and a bite to eat I went back in for hours. Manual reload has to become a norm from now on and force it that way online. The skill, panic and joy you get from nailing a reload in killing another player cannot be beaten. I had a mixed result online as I was still learning the maps, but i did nail a guy with a headshot using the first sniper rifle, after executing a perfect reload. It felt sublime.

Today I will roll the dice on Demeo (pun intended) and buy the game to see what the fuss is about.

PSVR2 is worth every penny BUT ruins most games by making them obsolete. How can I go back to the bland, button pressing reload of COD, with no thrills or life-size enemies, after playing Pavlov?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
How are the PSVR2 "handcuff controllers"?
I was really hoping for finger tracking gloves if I'm honest, just seems more natural/freeing, but there's nowhere I can walk into a mall or blockbusters and try a demo kiosk these days.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was really hoping for finger tracking gloves if I'm honest, just seems more natural/freeing, but there's nowhere I can walk into a mall or blockbusters and try a demo kiosk these days.
Light, precise and feel good.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I felt like Rambo killing dozens of werwolves in Resi Evil with bombs, guns, automatics, knives, etc

• Shake

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
You still need the tactility of feeling and pressing something, eg trigger in a gun

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Reactions: SLB1904

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They are good.
the only cons I can think of are that they are a little fiddly/awkward to put on when inside the headset without having to go through passthrough mode until you get used to feeling out the orientation. Also in some games it's a little awkward as the rings bang against each other when bringing your hands together (notably when praying in light brigade)