• Incredibly simple set-up
  • Lightweight and comfortable
  • Premium-feeling hardware
Negative Points

• Shallow launch lineup of original titles
  • Some controller awkwardness

Critic Reviews

VGC - 4/5
PSVR 2 is an amazing headset, but whether it's worth it to the average PS5 user is yet to be seen, as despite the amazing technology, the software so far isn't enough to convince most to run out and buy one.
TheLoadout - 4.5
While the PSVR2 isn’t perfect, it truly is a special bit of kit. With stunning visuals, innovative features that enhance the immersive experience, and plug in and play functionality, it offers one of the best VR experiences out there at the moment.
http://ultimately, playstation vr 2...company's excellently made playstation vr 2./
TheGamer - Recommended
Here's the thing about PSVR2: if you're a PlayStation 5 owner then, well, there is no virtual reality alternative. Not short of going and buying a PC and setting up a Vive Pro 2 anyway (which'd all cost you six times as much as the PlayStation VR2 headset). So as your one and only option there is no direct competition.
Eurogamer - Recommended
Wrapping up this review, it's clear that PlayStation VR2 is an impressive package. It competes with more expensive PC headsets in terms of specs, it's far more comfortable to use than PSVR1 and has a lot of potential. The problem here is that regardless of price comparisons with its predecessor, it's very expensive in a world where the Oculus Quest 2 delivers an all-in-one experience that's a lot cheaper. The specs differential against Quest 2 is vast, but the cost of the new hardware leads me to wonder whether or not the install base will grow fast enough to warrant producing big games for the platform.
TheWashingtonPost- - Recommended
Sony has created a good VR headset. Even at the relatively high price of $550, PlayStation is offering a higher quality headset than most consumer grade devices. The PS VR2′s success hinges on PlayStation’s ability to offer distinct, innovative and engaging first-party software, the kind you won’t find on Meta, HTC or Steam headsets. PlayStation’s first-party output wins awards and sells millions, but longtime Sony fans will remember the lackluster first-party support for the handheld devices as well as its first VR headset. PlayStation is the console market leader because it focused on a single console — as it did during the recent PlayStation 4 era. Their biggest weakness become apparent when they work to spread first-party support across multiple devices.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Hmm interesting, Call of The Mountain seems very average which is disappointing as it was supposed to be the alyx alternative

Not having Alyx or an Astrobot game is even more dire now

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love the features, can't wait to get mine!

As for the DF review, just a reminder that it includes your usual PC port begging at the end.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hmm interesting, Call of The Mountain seems very average which is disappointing as it was supposed to be the alyx alternative

Not having Alyx or an Astrobot game is even more dire now
GT7 will be that moment for me. I wasnt counting on Horizon being that.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is the thing with games like Horizon.
They are gonna be a giant waste of time. Uses too much staff, for something people will put down and forget after a week.

Either go all in with your best studios or dont. Sony should learn from Move, VR1 and Vita experiments. Games from your B teams arent gonna be effective

D

Deleted member 417

In a world where normies drop $1500 on an upgrade to a phone once every 18 months, a state-of-the-art headset designed to last 5 years is called "expensive".

I constantly see the PSVR2 been compared to the Quest 2. That's like comparing a handheld and a home console and makes the reviewers a little bit silly. "Look at this amazing piece of kit. It's not as good as this cheaper alternative that has nowhere near the processing power though!"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
In a world where normies drop $1500 on an upgrade to a phone once every 18 months, a state-of-the-art headset designed to last 5 years is called "expensive".

I constantly see the PSVR2 been compared to the Quest 2. That's like comparing a handheld and a home console and makes the reviewers a little bit silly. "Look at this amazing piece of kit. It's not as good as this cheaper alternative that has nowhere near the processing power though!"
Yeah the price thing is getting out of hand. Focus on the fucking price relative to the tech and its a fucking steal. We all know this is niche and the reality is vr tech is expensive so unless you want mediocre graphics you are going to have to spend a little. This shit isn't for ten year old Timmy but grown gamers that want the best for their console. As the tech progresses it'll get cheaper and better and open up to casuals but we are still a few years away from that. I mean you already hace your cheaper quests but thy are nowhere as good as this.

D

Deleted member 417

Yeah the price thing is getting out of hand. Focus on the fucking price relative to the tech and its a fucking steal. We all know this is niche and the reality is vr tech is expensive so unless you want mediocre graphics you are going to have to spend a little. This shit isn't for ten year old Timmy but grown gamers that want the best for their console. As the tech progresses it'll get cheaper and better and open up to casuals but we are still a few years away from that. I mean you already hace your cheaper quests but thy are nowhere as good as this.
Exactly. I'm glad Sony went expensive with this piece of kit. Give me a premium product, not a mass market piece of crap. But the price angle is just a way to subtly discredit Sony and the VR2. It is more advanced than any other headset, running on a machine designed for VR first and foremost - a world's first, running software that gives VR2 players the best in class VR experiences.

You can't put a price on VR2 right now, because only a few PC's have the spec to run it, none of the headsets have the tech inside it, and there isn't another coupling of headset+machine like PS5 and VR2. The cost discussion is pointless.