Pushsquare: judging from our anecdotal observations, there are significantly more people playing (Concord) on PS5

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It’s worth noting that these numbers only account for Steam, and judging from our anecdotal observations, there are significantly more people playing on PS5. While crossplay can be disabled, we’ve left it on and noticed almost all players have a PlayStation logo next to their username on the score screen. Of course, this is purely circumstantial, and we still don’t know precisely how many are playing on Sony’s system.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
images

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
If there are 600 players on Steam wouldn’t that make sense?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Playstation game has more players on PS5 than Steam isnt a surprise. Kinda normal for there games.
And yeah most matches are all PS players for me

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
A PlayStation game doing better on PlayStation? Say it ain't so, it ain't like we haven't been saying this since the Beta was extremely populated on PS5 and I haven't had an issue with matchmaking at any time I've played.

I rarely cross paths with PC players. I crossed with one this afternoon and I reported him, as I'm sure they was using a script to get headshots.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I mean it might actually have more players then on steam but for a title they were pushing to do well via marketing it hasn't even hit the most popular releases on the PS store front. I highly doubt it will anytime soon if not at all. Especially with the store reviews averaging at a whopping 3.6 out of 5 as of this time.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean it might actually have more players then on steam but for a title they were pushing to do well via marketing it hasn't even hit the most popular releases on the PS store front. I highly doubt it will anytime soon if not at all.
I mean the marketing for the game was pretty subdued and just mainly via social media channels. Astro is where the marketing money is allocated for.

Reactions: reziel

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean it might actually have more players then on steam but for a title they were pushing to do well via marketing it hasn't even hit the most popular releases on the PS store front. I highly doubt it will anytime soon if not at all. Especially with the store reviews averaging at a whopping 3.6 out of 5 as of this time.

Yeah for some reason PS didnt separate the reviews from the beta, you could review it before playing the game.
Now they have changed that for future games but havent implemented it yet

Reactions: reziel

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Estimates on SteamDB range between 7.5k-13k.
Let's take the middle and say it sold 10k~
Let's say the game sold 80-90%~ on PS5 and the rest on PC.

Total sales are in the 50k-60k range for 3 days + Early Access copies. Huge roaring success folks.
Maybe the game will reach the impressive 500k milestone in the next 10 years.

Expanding to pc may give you the opportunity to be a viral hot but it also gives you the opportunity to be a viral failure.

That's a trade they would take every time, I feel.
I bet you the streamer rollout at launch and the huge Steam numbers that it subsequently did convinced a very large amount of players to try the game out that would of not otherwise did, especially since it is a co-op experience and social contagion is a powerful tool.
The game was being talked about everywhere.
This is besides the fact that it was even offered on PC and sold a lot but that goes without saying.

Concord had a very poor initial reception and all social metrics pointed to people not caring about the game one bit.
Will it potentially lose some sales because the word on the street and articles and folks online saw the abysmal launch? Yeah, but it was already at that stage from the second the game was shown in the June showcase.

With Concord we're arguing with such a small number that it's kind of pointless to talk about how many XYZ potential copies have been lost.

The game launched and commercially bombed like very few in its budget bracket have ever done, it is what it is.

Reactions: Bryank75

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Was told going to PC day and date would greatly improve sales and profits. They are making a strong case for day and date with this result

Reactions: Umar and Bryank75

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If there's 4000 players on the PS5 then it's significantly more than on Steam.
It's over 10x more.

And it's still a bomb.