Rage Quitters in Online Games NEED to be banned

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Even If someone disconnects by accident, or on purpose.. if you have crap internet, that’s not our problem. why should everyone else have their gaming experience ruined?

You disconnect, the match is paused, you are given 1 minute to reconnect, if you don't reconnect you lose the match, you lose your points and your opponent gets ~50-60% of what they would have gotten if they won.

If someone repeatedly rage quits they should be banned for at least 30 minutes, if they come back and don't fix their behaviour than the bans should be longer.

Playing Tekken 8 online is a nightmare because of Rage Quitters, it's really ruining the experience because of how common it is

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I remember playing against a rage quitter in 7 during a free MP weekend, and the strangest part was that the matching system kept bringing me the same guy back. Who would disconnect again.

I think there are other things Namco could come up with to improve the experience, even before getting to banning the rage quitters.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I remember playing against a rage quitter in 7 during a free MP weekend, and the strangest part was that the matching system kept bringing me the same guy back. Who would disconnect again.

I think there are other things Namco could come up with to improve the experience, even before getting to banning the rage quitters.

Its weird how we still don't have any punishment for them, we don't even get a win if they rage quit

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Games should be better designed.

It should just count as a loss. It's a bigger problem in team games but if the others want to continue AI or a new player should take over.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Old Gamer
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Games should be better designed.

It should just count as a loss. It's a bigger problem in team games but if the others want to continue AI or a new player should take over.

I've had matches in Battlefield absolutely ruined becauze half the team would rage quit.

I've realised I don't like multiplayer games for this reason

Reactions: xollowsob

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Uncharted mp would do this, you disconnect mid match and couldn't play for around 30 minutes. I actually appreciated that although sometimes ppls disconnect had nothing to do with rage quitting but network regional issues.

Reactions: Satoru

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Seek help, please. Banning paying customers because their internet had an issue?

I recommend a straight jacket.
On other hand, just because you are buying, doesn't mean that you can mess it up for other people and these things literally does that.

And we strictly talking about rage quits.

Plus, if you know, that your internet is shit, why even play, you destroy your experience and others too. Don't be gaming Karen.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Seek help, please. Banning paying customers because their internet had an issue?

I recommend a straight jacket.

If you have internet issues, why not get that sorted before playing online?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No way. Penalties sure. Heavily punishing for disconnects and server instability would for sure happen as collateral damage.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
There's a simple solution that pleases everyone:

Private servers with vote to kick, like counter strike, quake and unreal back in the day.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
If you have internet issues, why not get that sorted before playing online?
Satoru isn't wrong. I only have 2 service providers in my area. 1 has such as low max download rate I couldn't even play games like this half the time so I didn't even bother trying online for a year. The 2nd provider I have now has a big download rate so I can play again the downside is it randomly disconnects twice a day normally at big peak hours due to a connection problem from my provider since the house was made back in the 80's. I've had the service installer submit 3 reports to his boss to have the company come out and fix it, and he was right in front of me when he did it and showed me proof he did. Yet something that is completely out of my control I should be penalized for no that's not OK.
What should be done is the developers should give 10 minute grace periods to reconnect and then maybe a warning followed by a suspension.
Ragequitting has been a problem ever since online was implemented into competitive games and these devs are well aware of it and do nothing to try and alleviate the problem.
P.s my break in the connection I have never is longer then 5 minutes tops.

Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Connections aren’t strictly player end. Games can break in various ways from time to time so then you’d also be punishing players for temporary service issues.

Temporary timeouts are fine. 30 mins, days, a week… depends on frequency… Severe and actual bans should be reserved for cheaters and bullies. Competitive games will solicit emotional reactions and the ragequit is a part of it too.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Satoru isn't wrong. I only have 2 service providers in my area. 1 has such as low max download rate I couldn't even play games like this half the time so I didn't even bother trying online for a year. The 2nd provider I have now has a big download rate so I can play again the downside is it randomly disconnects twice a day normally at big peak hours due to a connection problem from my provider since the house was made back in the 80's. I've had the service installer submit 3 reports to his boss to have the company come out and fix it, and he was right in front of me when he did it and showed me proof he did. Yet something that is completely out of my control I should be penalized for no that's not OK.
What should be done is the developers should give 10 minute grace periods to reconnect and then maybe a warning followed by a suspension.
Ragequitting has been a problem ever since online was implemented into competitive games and these devs are well aware of it and do nothing to try and alleviate the problem.
P.s my break in the connection I have never is longer then 5 minutes tops.
If i am not mistaken, reas about it years ago, game devs can recognize the quiters from disconnects, there also a pattern.
There is nothing new, devs are aware, some just don't give a fuck about their customers satisfaction.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
On other hand, just because you are buying, doesn't mean that you can mess it up for other people and these things literally does that.

And we strictly talking about rage quits.

Plus, if you know, that your internet is shit, why even play, you destroy your experience and others too. Don't be gaming Karen.
No, that wasn't strictly talking about rage quits, he was talking about internet issues.

And anyone can have internet issues even with high speed fibre. Common.

As for gaming Karen, lol, the entitlement displayed in this thread is pretty telling on who the Karen's are: those that want people to be banned from a game they paid for because there was an internet disconnect.